LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Bernard Berrian

With Rice out for the first half of the season, how much value do you give Bernard Berrian? I liked him as a sleeper before, but with Harvin’s issues and now Rice I think he is a legit #2 or #3 WR fantasy option.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
He's no better than a WR4, regardless.
Originally posted by crzy:

Who will catch the passes then? Berrian is the best option for Minnesota and can be a relevant WR2 in the abscence of Rice.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Who will catch the passes then? Berrian is the best option for Minnesota and can be a relevant WR2 in the abscence of Rice.

WR#2 means that Berian would have to finish in the top 24 in scoring among WR's in a 12 team league. That's not going to happen. He's not that good.

The ball will be spread around.

WR#2 means that Berian would have to finish in the top 24 in scoring among WR's in a 12 team league. That's not going to happen. He's not that good.

Brett Farve has always had a go to receiver. Every year...he has to find a new one. Berrian is the man, he will be the Vikings most talented WR after Rice and Harvin....so now with them gone (who knows how long with Harvin), Berrian will be that man. Berrian is that good he put up #s before, in a far less superior O in Chicago. All a player needs is a situation....this is it

No one is saying he will put up WR2 numbers the whole year. You only need him for half of the year. Until Rice comes back...He will put up WR2 numbers that a 12 team league needs.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Brett Farve has always had a go to receiver. Every year...he has to find a new one. Berrian is the man, he will be the Vikings most talented WR after Rice and Harvin....so now with them gone (who knows how long with Harvin), Berrian will be that man. Berrian is that good he put up #s before, in a far less superior O in Chicago. All a player needs is a situation....this is it

No one is saying he will put up WR2 numbers the whole year. You only need him for half of the year. Until Rice comes back...He will put up WR2 numbers that a 12 team league needs.

I agree. Even if he doesn't = a WR2. Who almost undoubtedly will end up as a high end WR3 til Rice and/or Harvin gets back. Which considering where you'll likely be able to snag him. That's a huge bargain.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The Vikings are collapsing, I'd stay away completely from everyone. Bryant McKinnie is struggling, Farve is shaky, their WR core is unhealthy. This is a team that is going to completely completely collapse.

Berrian as a WR4 would be a good investment, more than that, you're overvaluing him.

I'd still target Sidney Rice in fantasy drafts instead of Berrian.
The Vikings are collapsing, I'd stay away completely from everyone. Bryant McKinnie is struggling, Farve is shaky, their WR core is unhealthy. This is a team that is going to completely completely collapse.

Berrian as a WR4 would be a good investment, more than that, you're overvaluing him.

Well no one will certainly target Berrian in round 3 where Rice can be had....you can get him after round 10 and get WR2 production for half a year.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran

I agree. Just seems like Minny had their shot last year. Too many guys banged up, too early in the season. Not good.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
They signed Walker, how do you all think he will do?

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AZ9er:
They signed Walker, how do you all think he will do?

He won't be fantasy relevant. He's 32, hasn't done anything since 2006.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
The only person on the Vikings offense I would personally take right now is AP.

Well no one will certainly target Berrian in round 3 where Rice can be had....you can get him after round 10 and get WR2 production for half a year.

You think hes going to put up big numers after not playing for 10 weeks!
Originally posted by jta854:

What in the blue hell are you talking about dude?
Originally posted by jta854:

What in the blue hell are you talking about dude?

“you can get him after round 10 and get WR2 production for half a year”

After reading your quote, I will repeat my question. Do you think he is going to put up big numbers (WR2 production) after not playing for 10 weeks (2 preseason and 8 regular season weeks).
Share 49ersWebzone