There are 568 users in the forums

Shonne Green vs. Ryan Matthews

Shonne Green vs. Ryan Matthews

Which RB do you draft first?[/b]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Standard: Green
PPR: Matthews

But honestly, I would stay away from both unless they fall to the third round.
i wouldnt pick either shonn greene did good in the playoffs and as a number 2 back we dont know if he can carry the load and ryan matthews is a rookie and in fantasy never pick a rookie in 1st round but if i had to pick out of the 2 i would take greene better o line
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I think LT will be a bigger factor than FF'ers realize. Shonn Green will be one of the most over drafted players in Fantasy football this year.
I think you guys are crazy not wanting Shonne Greene.

Best line in football, run first team, great defense maximizing oppurtunites. Injury is the only thing that's going to derail this guy. The Jets will average 30+ carries a game next season so don't worry about LT's touches.

300 carries 1300 yards 12 TD's.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I think you guys are crazy not wanting Shonne Greene.

Best line in football, run first team, great defense maximizing oppurtunites. Injury is the only thing that's going to derail this guy. The Jets will average 30+ carries a game next season so don't worry about LT's touches.

300 carries 1300 yards 12 TD's.

This.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Here's my take. Green is gonna be fighting LT for a spot constantly, and it'll be a close fight.

Matthews is the obvious starter, since sproles has kind of sucked the last couple years.

I have Matthews, he scares me because he's a rookie, but you have to take some risks in FF to get the payout.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
LT is finished. LT is going to play the same role for the Jets that Westbrook will for the 49ers.

And the Chargers haven't even brought back Marcus McNiel, their left tackle yet.

[ Edited by crzy on Aug 21, 2010 at 11:55:00 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
Here's my take. Green is gonna be fighting LT for a spot constantly, and it'll be a close fight.

Matthews is the obvious starter, since sproles has kind of sucked the last couple years.

I have Matthews, he scares me because he's a rookie, but you have to take some risks in FF to get the payout.

Sproles hasn't sucked. He is not an every down RB. They needed an every down back that they can rely on to pound the ball between the tackles and handle the rigors of 250+ carries. Spoles isn't big enough to handle that, he will be used as a situational back and get the ball in space most of the time where he can make plays.
This is probably the toughest poll i've ever had to answer in the fantasy section. I would go with greene because of their o-line. like crzy said, mcneil isn't even in camp yet. This should be an interesting year

Mathews
Share 49ersWebzone