9. Marion Barber
10. Eagles d/st
11. Jay cutler
12. Rob Bironas
13. Vikings d/st
14. Malcom Floyd
15. Alex Smith
16. Josh Morgan

the last 2 picks no one was really worth taking so might as well pick my fellow 9ers
  • crzy
  • Veteran
You took Vernon Davis with the 40th pick and Crabtree with pick 41. I think you took both those guys at least 10 picks too early. I think both players have late 5th, early 6th round value in a 10 man draft. The quarterback situation in San Francisco is a huge question mark, so I'm not sure whether or not Vernon can duplicate his 2009 season.

You reached on Jerome Harrison with the 61st pick, if the Browns actually had faith in him as the main back, they wouldn't' have drafted Montario Hardesty, plus the Browns have James Davis. Jerome Harrison's burst last year was a fluke.

Love the Mike Wallace, Malcolm Floyd, and Marion Barber picks. All were great value where you selected them.

Overall, it's a decent B/B-.
Originally posted by crzy:
You took Vernon Davis with the 40th pick and Crabtree with pick 41. I think you took both those guys at least 10 picks too early. I think both players have late 5th, early 6th round value in a 10 man draft. The quarterback situation in San Francisco is a huge question mark, so I'm not sure whether or not Vernon can duplicate his 2009 season.

You reached on Jerome Harrison with the 61st pick, if the Browns actually had faith in him as the main back, they wouldn't' have drafted Montario Hardesty, plus the Browns have James Davis. Jerome Harrison's burst last year was a fluke.

Love the Mike Wallace, Malcolm Floyd, and Marion Barber picks. All were great value where you selected them.

Overall, it's a decent B/B-.

i had to reach on vernon/crab because i would have to wait 20 picks to select again. so do you think i should play 3rbs or 3wrs?
I'm sure you could find someone better than Morgan
Jay Cutler in Round 11 is a steal...on most weeks he will outperform Tom Brady, (ok maybe some)....but that was a good pick there. You messed up by taking both VD and Crabs.
I'm a little puzzled as to why you selected two defenses, especially since you took them pretty early. I think you also went to early on a kicker, since you could have picked up better skill positions in all of those three picks. It may just be me but I usually like to take my defense and my kicker in the last two rounds.

Was Vernon the first TE taken? Since TE depth is so deep I would have waited till a later round and nabbed a sleeper Jermichael Finley. Then you could have used that pick to take another WR or RB. I really like the steal with Jay Cutler in 11th round, he may overtake Brady as your every week starter. I also love the Mike Wallace pick, I'm expecting big things from him this year.

Overall you had a well balanced draft with your steals in the later rounds covering up your reaches earlier on. B/B+
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home