LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

What to do at Flex

Sounds like Kevin Walter (vs. Jac) is going to play this week, and I'm thinking of starting him in the flex spot. My main issue is that he may be rusty and may not be playing 100%. My other options would be:

Chester Taylor vs. 9ers
Derrick Ward vs. NYG
Knowshon Moreno @ Oak
Mike Sims-Walker @ Hou

I was also kind of eyeing Julian Edelman (vs Atl) as a FA pick up. Both Moss and Welker didn't practice, but then Edelman is questionable as well. The thought there is that Brady clearly likes to throw to him and it'd be nice to sneak in with a NE WR this week.

Oh FYI it's a PPR. (1pt per catch) Any thoughts?
Aw come on guys I'm really stuck here. No advice?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Derrick Ward
Ward or Moreno...

probably Ward.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Derrick Ward
Wow, I have to say I'm surprised. I like Ward, but splitting carries against the Giants D?

Do you guys think Ward is that good, or that my bench just sucks that bad?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HomestarRunner:
Wow, I have to say I'm surprised. I like Ward, but splitting carries against the Giants D?

You bench is pretty bad.
Originally posted by HomestarRunner:

1) No one (on here) will say start C. Taylor going against the Niners.. Our D really has been doing well anyway..

2) Oakland's D, in my opinion, has actually done decent (I don't know the numbers), but I've watched their two games, and they seem to do okay against opposing offenses..

3) I don't know much about the Houston guy..

So, I'd say Ward.. Plus, I read that Raheem Morris will be starting Ward.. So he should see a bit more carries than Cadillac unless Cadillac does amazing or the run gets stuffed.. Ending on this note, the Giants D is pretty banged up.. I expect to see both offenses scoring high against one another (NYG vs. TB)..
Went with Kevin Walter. 96 yards, 7 catches, and a TD With the exception of Ward my bench had a good week which is encouraging.
Share 49ersWebzone