There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Fantasy Football Thread***

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,571
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Wifey and I got a nice little Christmas present a little early this year. Our playoff opponent decided to "get cute" and sign the Detroit defense, thinking that they'd walk all over the AZ Cardinals this past weekend.

End result? They lost five points and would up losing to us by thirty.

Let this be a lesson to ya'lls. Dance with the people who brung you. Don't step out for that flashy toy. Go with your guys.

lol. my opponent did the same thing.

ive been doing that all year.... havent had a consistant defense although I regret giving up on the bengals so early.
Championship game..$$$$$ league

Help me set my lineup...I'm probably gonna get smoked..but I keep pulling wins out

Here is my team:




Here is the team I'm facing in the Championship game:

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,571
AP is going for Dickerson's record.

I'd say your the underdog for sure. 1 week match or 2 weeks?
Originally posted by Garcia:
AP is going for Dickerson's record.

I'd say your the underdog for sure. 1 week match or 2 weeks?

1
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,571
Originally posted by jrg:
1

am i tripping?

I think its one week in my league too - since when does the fantasy leagues end in week 16 and not 17?
Ive never seen that before.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by jrg:
1

am i tripping?

I think its one week in my league too - since when does the fantasy leagues end in week 16 and not 17?
Ive never seen that before.

You're thinking about fantasy baseball bro
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,571
Originally posted by jrg:
You're thinking about fantasy baseball bro

huh?
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by jrg:
You're thinking about fantasy baseball bro

huh?

Fantasy baseball usually goes 2 weeks in the championship game

Most fantasy football championships are in week 16 because a lot of times, teams rest their starters in week 17 for the playoffs.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,571
Originally posted by jrg:
Fantasy baseball usually goes 2 weeks in the championship game

Most fantasy football championships are in week 16 because a lot of times, teams rest their starters in week 17 for the playoffs.

well we are doing our league a little different from how we usually do it.
usually we have 4 playoff teams and each round is 2 weeks ending in week 17.

this year we did 6 teams and two teams get a bye.

I just figured it would go to the end of the season....... interesting.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by jrg:
Fantasy baseball usually goes 2 weeks in the championship game

Most fantasy football championships are in week 16 because a lot of times, teams rest their starters in week 17 for the playoffs.

well we are doing our league a little different from how we usually do it.
usually we have 4 playoff teams and each round is 2 weeks ending in week 17.

this year we did 6 teams and two teams get a bye.

I just figured it would go to the end of the season....... interesting.

lots of FF leagues dont go to the end of the season because some teams rest their super stars before playoffs and that f**ks over FF teams
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 31,571
Originally posted by RonMexico:
lots of FF leagues dont go to the end of the season because some teams rest their super stars before playoffs and that f**ks over FF teams

makes sense.
pick 2

Marshawn vs 9ers
Jamaal Charles vs Colts
Alfred Morris vs Eagles
Stevean Ridley vs Jaguars

ive been starting Lynch and Charles all year unless they were on a bye

do i switch it championship week? or ride out with what got me there?
Originally posted by Knowledge:
pick 2

Marshawn vs 9ers
Jamaal Charles vs Colts
Alfred Morris vs Eagles
Stevean Ridley vs Jaguars

ive been starting Lynch and Charles all year unless they were on a bye

do i switch it championship week? or ride out with what got me there?

Any way to incorporate 3 of them into your lineup?

Aside from Lynch, all of them have good match-ups. Though, JC had a great match-up last week and look how well that worked out!
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
pick 2

Marshawn vs 9ers
Jamaal Charles vs Colts
Alfred Morris vs Eagles
Stevean Ridley vs Jaguars

ive been starting Lynch and Charles all year unless they were on a bye

do i switch it championship week? or ride out with what got me there?

Any way to incorporate 3 of them into your lineup?

Aside from Lynch, all of them have good match-ups. Though, JC had a great match-up last week and look how well that worked out!

nah no flex....i sorta wanna start Morris in place of Charles cause Morris has been very consistent...but Charles can bust a long TD run at any moment
Originally posted by Knowledge:
nah no flex....i sorta wanna start Morris in place of Charles cause Morris has been very consistent...but Charles can bust a long TD run at any moment

I would be tempted to start Morris as well.

Go with your gut! JC has left a sour taste in my mouth after last week, helping bounce me from my $ league, so I may be a bit biased.