LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Define a Rebuilding Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Define a Rebuilding Team

My vote is option 4. Basically I think the Niners were a rebuilding team between 2003-2007. But since 07, the Nucleus has been established, and in the off seasons they are simply tweaking and making minor changes.....not rebuilding
Could be 4. Could be any team which is changing it's philosophy (ie 4-3 to 3-4) and consequently is having to restock with suitable players.

And no, I don't think we qualify. Even with our O line!
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for hubbyt.
I'm going with B homie ... any team in an extended drought of not making the playoffs means they are not winning many games thus they have plenty to build upon. That is why most coaches get about 3 years to get a team winning before they get the axe. We were in that boat just a year ago I think we are still rebuilding. Not in the Rams or Chiefs category but still rebuilding none the less.
Any team that picks in the top 10 of the draft
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I'm going with B homie ... any team in an extended drought of not making the playoffs means they are not winning many games thus they have plenty to build upon. That is why most coaches get about 3 years to get a team winning before they get the axe. We were in that boat just a year ago I think we are still rebuilding. Not in the Rams or Chiefs category but still rebuilding none the less.

cool, make the actual vote though, I don't see your vote
I think a "rebuilding" team is a team that has made a commitment to be worse and dump high salaries so they can bring in young talent.

For example, the year we lost Owens, Garcia etc, was the year we basically knew we would be worse than the year before, so we cleared the salary cap room for the future.

We are certainly not a "rebuilding" team at the moment. We are not dumping high salary aging veterans in the hope to free up cap room in order to bring in young guys. And we certainly should not be expecting to be worse than the year before.

Although it might drive some to drink, the fact that we have not made the playoffs yet does not mean we are a rebuilding team.

[ Edited by BrianGO on Mar 26, 2010 at 18:35:34 ]
Just post a picture of the 49ers, Raiders or Lions.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Just post a picture of the 49ers, Raiders or Lions.

Why don't you do it?
a
I went with option 4 as well.

My personal breakdown:
32 teams
8 - playoffs (10+ wins)
4 - on the brink (8-9 wins)
8 - mediocre (7-8 wins)
4 - getting out of cellar (6-7 wins)
8 - rebuilding (0-5 wins)

Yes, the wins are overlapped. You can make an argument about where you're headed with cap space, young stars etc.

-9fA

ill go with a,b and d
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

My personal breakdown:
32 teams
8 - playoffs (10+ wins)
8 - mediocre (7-8 wins)

Yes, the wins are overlapped. You can make an argument about where you're headed with cap space, young stars etc.

-9fA

Totally agree with your analysis. Although, I would make one addition. The Oakland Raiders are always in the rebuilding group regardless of the amount of wins they have. That team will be "rebuilding" as long as Al Davis' heart continues to beat.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

My personal breakdown:
32 teams
8 - playoffs (10+ wins)
8 - mediocre (7-8 wins)

-9fA

We could just as easily be mediocre by that definition.
Any team not winning consistently and not in the playoffs for a long period of time BETTER be rebuilding. No excuses.
Share 49ersWebzone