Check out my team...

Ten team Yahoo. No PPR. Tenth pick.

QB - Aaron Rodgers

RB - LaDainian Tomlinson, Larry Johnson, Knoshown Moreno, Tim Hightower

WR - Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin, Roy Williams, Lance Moore, Devin Hester

TE - Antonio Gates, Jeremy Shockey

K - Adam Vinatieri

Def - Pittsburgh
Who should I drop to gain depth at QB? Also, Shockey and Gates have the same bye weeks, so I need to get rid of one. Will Shockey be a solid starting TE, meaning should I try and trade Gates, or should I just drop Shockey for some depth at QB?
drop shockey, he is overrated and billy miller is eating up some of his receptions.
I just dropped Shockey for Flacco. Flacco goes against the Bengals in week 5 so I thought he'd be a good replacement for Rodgers' bye. Also, he may surprise some people this year. Anyhow, for the record, I think Shockey is going to have a resurgent year in that high octane offense, it just made no sense to keep both him and Gates when they have the same bye.

So what does everyone think of my team? Who should I start and sit week one? I was thinking of starting...

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB1 - LaDainian Tomlinson
RB2 - Larry Johnson (@ Ravens)? Knoshown Moreno (@ Bengals)?
WR1 - Randy Moss
WR2 - Anquan Boldin
TE - Antonio Gates
K - Adam Vinatieri
Def - Pittsburgh
W/R - Knoshown Moreno? Lance Moore? Roy Williams? Devin Hester?

[ Edited by AmpLee on Sep 4, 2009 at 10:22:15 ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:

QB - Aaron Rodgers
K - Adam Vinatieri
Def - Pittsburgh

Rodgers
LT, LJ
Moss, Boldin, Roy (if healthy) if not then Hester
Gates

Ride LT and LJ until the wheels fall off.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

QB - Aaron Rodgers
K - Adam Vinatieri
Def - Pittsburgh

Rodgers
LT, LJ
Gates

You guys liking LJ this year?
Originally posted by dman:

QB - Aaron Rodgers
K - Adam Vinatieri
Def - Pittsburgh

Rodgers
LT, LJ
Gates

I like his value compared to his draft position. I nabbed him with the first pick in the eighth round. I think that's a nice round to get a number two RB. Although, many think his best days are behind him. That might be true, but his best days were pretty incredible. They say he looks and feels physically good and he's probably never seemed more mentally stable. His line isn't as good and he'll be turning 30 during the season so those are two factors against him. I'd rather have been able to draft him as my number three back in hopes he could have borderling RB 2/1 potential, but I think he'll bounce back a little this year no matter what.
  • dman
  • Veteran

QB - Aaron Rodgers
K - Adam Vinatieri
Def - Pittsburgh

Rodgers
LT, LJ
Gates

I like his value compared to his draft position. I nabbed him with the first pick in the eighth round. I think that's a nice round to get a number two RB. Although, many think his best days are behind him. That might be true, but his best days were pretty incredible. They say he looks and feels physically good and he's probably never seemed more mentally stable. His line isn't as good and he'll be turning 30 during the season so those are two factors against him. I'd rather have been able to draft him as my number three back in hopes he could have borderling RB 2/1 potential, but I think he'll bounce back a little this year no matter what.

Ya Im in a 14 team league and I have him as my #2 RB (assuming Addai is my #3/flex) Im just wondering if I should make a deal to get a better #2 back.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
K - Adam Vinatieri
Def - Pittsburgh

Rodgers
LT, LJ
Gates

Ya Im in a 14 team league and I have him as my #2 RB (assuming Addai is my #3/flex) Im just wondering if I should make a deal to get a better #2 back.

I am kind of in the same situation, but with Moreno. Like Addai, I like Moreno's potential to fill in as a number two option. I guess with LJ it's good to have a contingency plan in case he doesn't perform.
Trade off LJ for a QB- Striaght up. Put him on the block and see what happens.
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:

Why would I do that when at this moment the league views him at best an eighth round value, I don't have a lot of depth at the position, and I'm set at QB?
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:

Why would I do that when at this moment the league views him at best an eighth round value, I don't have a lot of depth at the position, and I'm set at QB?

Agreed. Keep him. Their O-line is pathetic and they fired their OC, but he'll get 25 carries per game if they don't fall too far behind. They may be tough yards, but LJ will get the opportunities.