LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

New Guy @ FF

So I joined NFL.com's fantasy football and this is my first time. Since I've never done it before, I chose to do one that had an Automated Draft. I just received my team list and wanted to see what you guys thought of it.

Suggestions and ideas are welcome to make it better if necessary:

Active Roster:
QB - Drew Brees
RB - Darren McFadden
RB - Pierre Thomas
WR - Bernard Berrian
WR - Devin Hester
WR - Derrick Mason
TE - Visanthe Shiancoe
K - Stephen Gostkowski
DST - Steelers

Reserves:
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB - Sammy Morris
RB - Leon Washington
WR - Patrick Crayton
TE - Brent Celek

I know I'm new at this, but it looks like a pretty decent draft to me. The area I wonder about most are my WR's. I know Cutler may make Hester better and Favre may make Berrian better, but I'm also not sure about Mason. Flacco seemed pretty good last year, but wasn't it mostly their defense that made them look better? Should switch him and Crayton? Or should I look for a receiver to trade for?

I was hoping for at least one WR I could count week in and out..
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Sorry bro, but unless this is a 20 team league - I think your team is awful.

All right, so in the first round you got Brees (not bad), and I guess in the second you received Thomas...eh but who did the auto draft give you in 3rd and 4th round?
Wow, I don't know what the hell I did, but it actually chose the Steelers DST in the 2nd??? Then thomas in 3rd, and McFadden in the 4th..

Shoot, I was able to see the draft recap, and mine looked outta whack compared to what everyone else was picking at the time..

Wow, even more dumb, though I like Gostkowski as my K, apparently they selected him for me in the 5th freaking round...............

Might be the first and last time I do an automated draft..

edit - I also realized none of my RB's are starting RB's.. Crap, wth to do.......
[ Edited by djb49 on Aug 21, 2009 at 3:54 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Well, it's pretty sad when you do a fantasy draft and the QB you select would rather have his real life skilled players over the ones you've selected.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
How many teams in the league?
Sorry, but from a scale of A to F, I have to give u a Z -.

Don't ever use auto draft. If you're gonna take the time to play fantasy football, you got to be present for the draft.
Originally posted by kronik:
Sorry, but from a scale of A to F, I have to give u a Z -.

Don't ever use auto draft. If you're gonna take the time to play fantasy football, you got to be present for the draft.

cosigned
Originally posted by crzy:
How many teams in the league?

It's a twelve team league on nfl.com. I've been seeing that a lot of guys here don't really care for nfl.com's fantasy football..
Share 49ersWebzone