There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So my commisioner gave me a D grade for my draft...

I think he is an idiot what does the zone think. We start 1qb, 2 rb, 3wr, 2dl, 2lb and 2db

Matt shaub
gore
mjd
anthony gonzalez
calvin johnson
roddy white
brent celek
karlos dansby
gary brackett
justin smith
shaun ellis
chris gamble
joe nedney

bench-
santana moss
shonn greene
lawrence maroney
jericho cotchery
trent edwards
kerry rhodes
kevin payne
josh morgan
joey porter
early doucet
rashad jennings
james farrior
chris henry
cadillac williams
patrick kerney
michael boley

got a little homerism on my team with gore, morgan and nedney but i think they are still quality picks
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
If you're in an 8 team or bigger league, you did well, although QB isn't top tier. Your RBs and WRs are good, though. If the league is 8 teams, I'd give you a solid B. If it's 10 teams, a B+. If it's 12 or more teams, you deserve an A for that roster.
It is a 12 team league.
12 team! Yeah he's an idiot. Actually every time my team is rated low by others I make it to the championship game.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,925
Originally posted by TheHitman:
If you're in an 8 team or bigger league, you did well, although QB isn't top tier. Your RBs and WRs are good, though. If the league is 8 teams, I'd give you a solid B. If it's 10 teams, a B+. If it's 12 or more teams, you deserve an A for that roster.

If he has any injuries to his starters, he's toast!

His bench is awful Especially at RB and QB. His Defensive players lack star power. No real sack guy or INT guy.

8 team league woulda been an F
10 team league D
12 team league is a C


With no injuries to your starting offensive guys. You should be middle of the pack.
You got Gore, Drew-Jones, and Calvin Johnson in a 12 team league? Wow! That's pretty damn good.
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
I think he is an idiot what does the zone think. We start 1qb, 2 rb, 3wr, 2dl, 2lb and 2db

Matt shaub
gore
mjd
anthony gonzalez
calvin johnson
roddy white
brent celek
karlos dansby
gary brackett
justin smith
shaun ellis
chris gamble
joe nedney

bench-
santana moss
shonn greene
lawrence maroney
jericho cotchery
trent edwards
kerry rhodes
kevin payne
josh morgan
joey porter
early doucet
rashad jennings
james farrior
chris henry
cadillac williams
patrick kerney
michael boley

got a little homerism on my team with gore, morgan and nedney but i think they are still quality picks

Offensively, extremely good. MJD & Gore are solo backs, so you scored there. Plus, CJ, Roddy White, and Anthony Gonzalez give you great WR's.

I'd just be on the lookout for an emerging back. If one of your starting RB's goes down, you could be in trouble.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
How did you get Gore, Mojo and Calvin in a 12 team league

Unless you traded up to get them, seems like you're playing against mediocre competition.

[ Edited by crzy on Aug 6, 2009 at 08:50:07 ]
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
You got Gore, Drew-Jones, and Calvin Johnson in a 12 team league? Wow! That's pretty damn good.

That's what I'm saying.


As for Krizay's comments about depth, it's a 12 team league. He landed 2 of the top 5 RBs. No matter how little depth he has, he's in good shape with that draft. Plus you mentioned INTs and Sacks on IDPs? In all my leagues its the tacklers that rack up the big points. That's why Pat Willis and Jon Beason are ranked as the big dogs. They don't gain many sacks or INTs, but they're tackling machines. If a tackle = 1 pt, 120 tackles in a season equals 120 pts on tackles alone. Sacks are usually worth 3 pts each. Even at 20 sacks (a monsterous season) you're only talking 60 points.

I'll take guys like Demeco Ryans, Pat Willis, and Jon Beason over a Sack or INT specialist any day.
Originally posted by TheHitman:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
You got Gore, Drew-Jones, and Calvin Johnson in a 12 team league? Wow! That's pretty damn good.

That's what I'm saying.


As for Krizay's comments about depth, it's a 12 team league. He landed 2 of the top 5 RBs. No matter how little depth he has, he's in good shape with that draft. Plus you mentioned INTs and Sacks on IDPs? In all my leagues its the tacklers that rack up the big points. That's why Pat Willis and Jon Beason are ranked as the big dogs. They don't gain many sacks or INTs, but they're tackling machines. If a tackle = 1 pt, 120 tackles in a season equals 120 pts on tackles alone. Sacks are usually worth 3 pts each. Even at 20 sacks (a monsterous season) you're only talking 60 points.

I'll take guys like Demeco Ryans, Pat Willis, and Jon Beason over a Sack or INT specialist any day.



exactly. last year i went after bad CBs, and tackling LBers. they carried me to my fantasy championship(22 team league).

i forget my all my LBers, but it was lance briggs, kirk morrison and/or thomas howard, my corners were deangelo hall, asante samuel, and philip buchanon.

but then again in this same league, reggie williams helped early and a late seaon signing of dennis northcutt made me dominant.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,925
so how's this team doing?

  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
Originally posted by krizay:
so how's this team doing?


His receivers have been disappointing except for Cotchery, but Celek has been a great starting TE. I would guess he's 2-1 or 3-0.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,925
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by krizay:
so how's this team doing?


His receivers have been disappointing except for Cotchery, but Celek has been a great starting TE. I would guess he's 2-1 or 3-0.

I guarantee he lost week one. With Gonzo, Roddy and Schaub and just respectable weeks every where else

Week 2 had to be a great great week for him.

week 3 between Celek, Schaub and MJD ( and if he start Moss) probably an easy win.


But now comes the bye weeks and a 2 game injury to Gore. His lack of depth will bite him.

Depending on WW moves he's made of course.
[ Edited by krizay on Sep 29, 2009 at 11:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Esco:
12 team! Yeah he's an idiot. Actually every time my team is rated low by others I make it to the championship game.

in that case you had a fantastic draft! Best one I have ever seen