LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Steals and Sleepers

• krizay
  • Veteran

What did I say about Lesean McCoy in westbrooks absense???
Just to add to the good picks that will be available in later rounds.

Running Backs:
Donald Brown is better than Joseph Addai and will prove it.
Felix Jones -- had something like an 8 yard per touch avg last year before being injured. He will be like Chris Johnson to Marion Barber. DEFINATELY picking him up.
Gotta love Kevin Smith in Detroit as a backup cuz he could be a steal cuz other teams can't load the box with Stafford's armstrength and CJ's incredible ability.
Cedric Benson is a good backup, but if you have two good starters, I would go for Donald Brown/LeSean McCoy/Felix Jones/Jonathan Stewart instead.

Tight Ends
Vernon Davis - did u watch the preseason game?
Chase Coffman is a good prospect and will be an underneath/redzone option for Carson Palmer. The word out of Bengal's camp is that he's doing very well.
Jason (?) Cook. TE out of Tennessee has speed and good hands - expect to claim him from waivers early in the season cuz he will have a good 2nd half.

WRs:
Nate Washington might be a good 3rd option, but I don't see him getting more than 6 TDs. You never know though -- I've picked him every mock draft I did.
Josh Morgan anyone? He will put up good numbers (800/6 -- hopefully more) which will be good for fantasy and our beloved 9rs.
Jeremy Maclin with the other speedy WRs, the threat of Westbrook, Vick, and McNabb, I don't see how he can't put up half of DeSean Jackson's numbers from last year.
Percy Harvin will be a huge threat in Minnesota with everyone paying attention to All Day and a great deep speed threat in Bernard Berrian. The only question is will they give him the ball in screens, runs, and can Tavaris or Sage actually throw it to him??
Domenik Hixon is the Giant's probably #1 and will get the ball thrown at him. As a 3rd option/backup, I feel he would be a steal.
Steve Smith (the Giant) has also been looking good in Giant's camp and wants to be the starter. Look for him to be productive on playaction off the Giant's good running game.
Mario Manningham is a punt returner and is working with the 2nd team offense as the Giant's #1.
--Honestly, I think any of the NYG receievers could potentially be a steal in the late rounds--
I always am wrong on this, but there is possibility that it will finally be Dwayne Jarret's breakout year. With Steve Smith taking so much attention, will he finally pass up Mushin Muhammed and become a legitmate threat? He also poses redzone mismatch problems.

QBs:
Shaun Hill! 2 TDs a game avg. Put up #s rivaling Peyton's last year for the last 5 games... Normally I just draft him to have in on my team.
Jason Campbell could finally break out to go for over 20 TDs. He's got Santana Moss, Devin something, and Hardy as 2 speedy, one gigantic wideout. Good running game. Improved defense. I think he may be a steal except he plays in a brutal division.[/b]
To the person wondering where they could do a free Keeper league. I have ran mine on ESPN for 5 yrs now.. and absolutely love the customization abilities on that site.
knicks, moreno, ginn, and holt are both my steals and sleepers
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Where's the love for Coffee?

I picked him up a couple weeks ago (dropped lendale white), and so far it's been nothing but gold with him. Too bad it's not the regular season. But still, ESPN doesn't have a single update for him, just the same note from when he was signed, stating they don't think he'll do anything.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Rumor has it Brodie Croyle has been looking good and could challenge Cassell for the starting spot. Also a rumor of him (and a 2nd or 3rd)going to the Broncos for Brandon marshall.

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Ryan Torain, RB, Denver Broncos. If he stays healthy I think he will beat out Moreno for more playing time.

I'm usually pretty good at picking sleeper QBs and RBs, but I'm terrible at pikcing WRs in the later rounds.

I don't know how you do it
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Rumor has it Brodie Croyle has been looking good and could challenge Cassell for the starting spot. Also a rumor of him (and a 2nd or 3rd)going to the Broncos for Brandon marshall.

Which team is interested in Marshall?
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Ryan Torain, RB, Denver Broncos. If he stays healthy I think he will beat out Moreno for more playing time.

I'm usually pretty good at picking sleeper QBs and RBs, but I'm terrible at pikcing WRs in the later rounds.

I don't know how you do it

Isn't TOrain unemployed? He was released by Broncos.
[ Edited by GOLDRUSH671 on Aug 24, 2009 at 12:49 AM ]

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

chiefs
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

chiefs

ha! Didn't catch "him" in your original post. My bad.

chiefs

ha! Didn't catch "him" in your original post. My bad.

Speaking of the Broncos...Eddie Royal a sleeper/steal? I can't get a read on him with Orton and all...
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dobophile:
Which sleeper WR would you rather have: Josh Morgan or Chris Henry?

Easily Morgan, who will lead 49er receivers in targets.

While Henry has to fight with Coles and Ocho Cinco.
I'm a big Fantasy Football fan. I have a few players in my drafts drop to low rounds and could be key pick-ups depending on how big you're league is, 10-12-14 teams.
At QB:
Donavan Mcnabb if healthy will have a monster year and I have seen him go mid-to late rounds.
Matt Shaub Has all the tools to have a great year
Trent Edwards, look for the long pass to lee evens(another sleeper)

At: RB:
Kevin Smith: I don't believe he will be a big yardage guy, but I see multiple TD's. His value is hurt by 2nd half running Chances are Lions will be down at that point.
Earnest Graham: His name is on my list because I picked him up in the 16th round (My league includes Defensive players)
Pierre Thomas: Seems to be slipping to late first half or most drafts, 6th-7th round

At: WR:
Lance Moore:Could be picked-up late in most drafts, should be a 1,000 yard reciever

(You guys already mentioned our boy Josh Morgan)

Lee Evens: I think we are all on the same page with him, just depends on how much Trent looks his way because of fear from T.O.

Devin Hester: The Brandon Marshall of last year. Early production, then about the 4th week into the season trade his ass for someone better.

At TE:
Vernen Davis: I love him this year, Dink and Dump passes and let him show us why he was our first round pick a couple of years ago.

Jeramy Shocky: How could you not love anyone who is on Drew's radar.

Best advise I can give for Defense and Kickers is:
Don't pick one!!! Wait for the weekly match-ups and select the best two.

The picks are not people that will be sitting on the waiver wire when the draft is done, but these are picks that could fall to the mid to last few rounds.

Share 49ersWebzone