LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

Steals and Sleepers

I thought we could list guys we consider steals and sleepers. I did a mock draft this morning and one guy said Hakeem Nicks would be a 1000 yard receiver this season, anyone agree?

obviously we know Josh Morgan is a sleeper

who else?[/left]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Normally I don't like to partake in these threads because a lot of guys who read this forum are my competition in other leagues but in this case I'll make an exception.

This seasons biggest sleeper

Thomas Clayton

"Every time I touch the ball I'm gonna make a big play, that's for damn sure"

/thread
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Anthony Gonzalez- not really a steal or sleeper but will out perform where he's drafted.

Cedric Benson played surprisingly well last season. no one will trust to take him
Julius Jones (zone blocking scheme in Seattle)
Rashad Jennings no Fred Taylor and Greg Jones sucks. Somone has to split carries and what if MJD can't carry the load.

Laverneus Coles replaces who'syourmomma in Cincy
Mark Clayton eventually they are going to realize he's better than Derrick Mason for the love of god
Mark Bradley maybe, maybe not. but worth keeping an eye on.

Kyle Orton McDaniels is going to chuck the rock period. Which mjeans alot of yards and TD's. and of course Int's
Hasslebeck & Carson Palmer they too will outperform where they are drafted.

Greg Olsen him and cutler will get along great. Should be the end of Clark stealing catches
Mercedes Lewis If he was in the NFC he may have been the 3rd pro bowl alternate
Randy McMichael 23 total targets in 4 games last year beforee injury.

[ Edited by krizay on Jun 5, 2009 at 12:07:14 ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Anthony Gonzalez- not really a steal or sleeper but will out perform where he's drafted.

Cedric Benson played surprisingly well last season. no one will trust to take him
Julius Jones (zone blocking scheme in Seattle)
Rashad Jennings no Fred Taylor and Greg Jones sucks. Somone has to split carries and what if MJD can't carry the load.

Laverneus Coles replaces who'syourmomma in Cincy
Mark Clayton eventually they are going to realize he's better than Derrick Mason for the love of god
Mark Bradley maybe, maybe not. but worth keeping an eye on.

Kyle Orton McDaniels is going to chuck the rock period. Which mjeans alot of yards and TD's. and of course Int's
Hasslebeck & Carson Palmer they too will outperform where they are drafted.

Greg Olsen him and cutler will get along great. Should be the end of Clark stealing catches
Mercedes Lewis If he was in the NFC he may have been the 3rd pro bowl alternate
Randy McMichael 23 total targets in 4 games last year beforee injury.

Good analysis, I pretty much agree with all of it.
  • JR80
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Esco:
Normally I don't like to partake in these threads because a lot of guys who read this forum are my competition in other leagues but in this case I'll make an exception.

This seasons biggest sleeper

Thomas Clayton

"Every time I touch the ball I'm gonna make a big play, that's for damn sure"

/thread

If Steve Slaton falls out of the 1st round, you got yourself a steal....especially in a PPR
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by danimal:
If Steve Slaton falls out of the 1st round, you got yourself a steal....especially in a PPR

he wont
Originally posted by danimal:

i got slaton in the 2nd round 16th overall, got forte in the first
Vernon Davis
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Vernon Davis

What do you guys think of Hakeem Nicks, Davone Bess?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
What do you guys think of Hakeem Nicks, Davone Bess?

Quote:
WR, New York Giants Monday 6/1, 4:56 PM CT

Rookie wide receiver Hakeem Nicks is practicing with the third-string, according to Newsday.

Our View: Domenik Hixon is starting at the X position, with second-year pro Mario Manningham working with the second-team. Hixon has fared well as a starter, and Manningham has potential to develop into a solid receiver as well. Nicks is likely to serve as a backup in 2009.

Quote:
WR, New York Giants Saturday 5/9, 12:27 PM CT

Rookie wide receiver Hakeem Nicks (North Carolina) is performing well in minicamp, according to the New York Post. Nicks is most notably displaying great hands as he is catching nearly every pass thrown in his vicinity.

Our View: This is encouraging news as the Giants move on without Plaxico Burress. He should eventually work his way into the starting lineup, but will likely begin his rookie campaign as a reserve.

In a dynasty league i love him. redraft league I'd spend a late round pick on him but wouldn't expect much.
Greg Olsen is my number 4 TE behind Gates, Gonzalez, and Witten.
  • GoNiners42
  • Info N/A
Ray Rice. He is nasty and Mcghee has been hurt and had surgery and has alot of carries under his belt and mcclain will play fullback.
I read in a magazine somewhere, not for sure what magazine it was but it had Glen Coffee as a fantasy sleeper.
Share 49ersWebzone