LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 291 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

• jrg
  • Veteran
With John Cena presumably injured for the long term, the big question is what will happen will happen to the storylines set from post-Mania RAW and beyond. 3 weeks ago creative was forced to do a rewrite with The Rock's unexpected departure after Mania due to an injury. Fortunately it went well.

With Cena out, Punk out as well, the big question lies is who should be pursuing for the WWE Title other than Ryback or the logical suggestion of Brock Lesnar or Triple H as said by DJ hours ago? Who do you think? How will the main event picture look like without Cena? Who will carry the company? Who will WWE push to fill in that big gap that both Cena and Punk left and how will they pull it off?

PLEASE!
The fact that the injury took place over a week ago is a sign that WWE likely knows more about the injury than they are letting on with their online reports. They are playing up that Cena's status for Extreme Rules is in jeopardy, but there are still people in WWE that think Cena will be fine and WWE is simply using the injury scare as a way to portray Cena as a vulnerable champion.
Have some random pay the shield on the dl to help them become champeen.
i guess they have no choice now to but make randy a heel. it might be a little premature, since they are still building up the sheamus/orton angle, but it could still be interesting.

and the shield should be involved in more matches no, singles and tag team matches. for the most part, its not a terrible thing when top stars go down, it gives others a chance to step up and develop. i just hope they dont try and go the HHH route and make him the champ.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
The fact that the injury took place over a week ago is a sign that WWE likely knows more about the injury than they are letting on with their online reports. They are playing up that Cena's status for Extreme Rules is in jeopardy, but there are still people in WWE that think Cena will be fine and WWE is simply using the injury scare as a way to portray Cena as a vulnerable champion.

A vulnerable champion? They already have one in Dolph Ziggler.
LOL at making Rnady Orton's eyes green in the promo video.

BTW this song was better than the voices song

With the exception of tonight, who here is tired of WWE's poor attempt to showboat their charitable causes? It gets really old FAST when each week, the wwe talks about how great they are, how they help out in the community, how they wipe senior citizens asses....
one of the bellas had an implant?
  • jrg
  • Veteran

[ Edited by jrg on Apr 29, 2013 at 5:48 PM ]

I ALWAYS wondered how the wrestlers can take a fall or dive outside the ring onto the floor? Is that somehow cushioned?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I ALWAYS wondered how the wrestlers can take a fall or dive outside the ring onto the floor? Is that somehow cushioned?

Fake or not, wrestlers do some pretty crazy sht. That's what made the things Mick Foley did so crazy. Foley is obviously the Babe Ruth of taking hard bumps but it was so fun to watch Edge in his prime. Dude was bat shyt crazy.
Originally posted by 9ers:

Fake or not, wrestlers do some pretty crazy sht. That's what made the things Mick Foley did so crazy. Foley is obviously the Babe Ruth of taking hard bumps but it was so fun to watch Edge in his prime. Dude was bat shyt crazy.

true but it doesn't answer my question. There's no way they'll hit the outside floor hard without it being cushioned
Originally posted by 9ers:

true but it doesn't answer my question. There's no way they'll hit the outside floor hard without it being cushioned

The black mat on the outside is just a regular gym mat. The concrete under the black mat is real.
they don't do much on the outside floor any more

during 80's and 90's

you would see slams, pile-drivers on the outside, even with the gym mat pulled back,
Share 49ersWebzone