LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 345 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by Fincham11:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Reading a lot of rumors concerning tonight:

The Revival will get fed to the legends, much like the Acension did at the last big anniversary show.
Carmella will cash in her MITB to beat Charlotte, so that Charlotte can participate in the women's Royal Rumble...makes sense to have your most consistent female in it.
Of course, Cena vs. Taker for Mania
Roman drops the IC title to Miz

I haven't been this excited for a RAW in a very, very long time. Hopefully, they don't screw it up.

Only this happened lol

I guess you could say The Revival kinda got fed to the legends. They are way better than Gallows and Anderson IMO. The hand gesture and hanging with Finn is what is making them relevant again. They looked silly in the ring with DX afterwards.

I thought the show was horrible. It's looks like many of you guys thought the same. Hardy and Wyatt could have had a nice buildup to Mania or something. I could list numerous things that sucked but I don't feel like typing them all. Maybe, i'm being to picky but I guess that's the attitude I have growing up in the attitude era...u expect good s**t

I am guessing the Revival are 'paying their dues' but really if it werent for Balor and the Bullet Club gimmick, Anderson and the guy who use to be Festus wouldnt even be relevant.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
everyone is so friggin old.

It's so depressing. I loved DX and nWo as much as everyone else but does HHH have to schedule a "reunion" for every big WWE event? It's hard to watch them try not to choke on their own tongues when they take mic (including Shawn).

Aside from Austin doing his thing and Miz winning, the show was awful.
Also, they couldn't even dim the lights for Undertaker's entrance? It looked stupid as hell. DX got the lights turned off tho.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IEAD:
Also, they couldn't even dim the lights for Undertaker's entrance? It looked stupid as hell. DX got the lights turned off tho.

bray too
Lita apparently wasn't even invited? Wtf? For a show that had months of planning, it was an absolute joke.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Lita apparently wasn't even invited? Wtf? For a show that had months of planning, it was an absolute joke.

No Lita, Ivory, Molly Holly, Victoria, Sunny, Sable...WTH?

Seeing how they screwed this up, I'm not nearly as pumped for the Rumble now.

Kane being in the Triple Threat match is just stupid. He is not scary anymore, nor has he been the past 15 years.
The world title being involved in a handi-cap match is stupid.

Kane being in the Triple Threat match is just stupid. He is not scary anymore, nor has he been the past 15 years.

Agreed with the bolded. Victoria, Sable, Sunny, and others were worthy of diva revolution than Kelly Kelly and ms jackie and terri runnels.

Kane shouldn't be in the match. It should be finn vs strowman vs lesner. At least finn has his hommies at ringside so finn has a fighting chance and bring intrigue to the match. Unless Finn is going to win the rumble, he should be in that tripple main event and kane should be in the rumble and be in the final 4...at least kane is known for being great in the rumble and you can build up his monster run again.

But I like the idea of sammy and kevin vs Styles. It brings intriuge to the match. However, we all know styles is gonna win. It will make styles look even stronger going into mania.

Yup. I also would have saved Jericho for a surprise rumble entrance. Now he'll probably come in and no one will care.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Agreed with the bolded. Victoria, Sable, Sunny, and others were worthy of diva revolution than Kelly Kelly and ms jackie and terri runnels.

Kane shouldn't be in the match. It should be finn vs strowman vs lesner. At least finn has his hommies at ringside so finn has a fighting chance and bring intrigue to the match. Unless Finn is going to win the rumble, he should be in that tripple main event and kane should be in the rumble and be in the final 4...at least kane is known for being great in the rumble and you can build up his monster run again.

But I like the idea of sammy and kevin vs Styles. It brings intriuge to the match. However, we all know styles is gonna win. It will make styles look even stronger going into mania.

I agree with you on Finn Balor in the triple threat, that would be WAY better.
Originally posted by IEAD:

Yup. I also would have saved Jericho for a surprise rumble entrance. Now he'll probably come in and no one will care.

I was thinking maybe that's why the didn't have as many women there last night. They could be saving Lita, Ivory, Molly Holly, and a few more for the womens RR. Had they seen them on Raw and then one week later maybe it takes the surprise element out of it.

I still hope Jericho is in the Rumble though.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

f**k Sunny. That dumb b***h out there saying Candice LeRae is too ugly for the main roster.

Torrie Wilson has always been the Champ looks-wise. Stacey Keibler had them legs tho.
Pretty disappointing.

Short, crappy matches cutting into cameo time. This should have been nothing but cameos from legends and maybe some highlight videos of the best matches from 25 years of Raw. Where was Foley? Where was The Rock? Where was Lita? At least HHH gave a shout out to Chyna.

Instead, we got 10 minutes of headlocks in an 8-woman tag match just to setup the fat chick and the crazy asian chick being the last two in the RR match, DX wasting their spot on pushing a guy that will never be more than an IC champ, and the Miz winning a belt he's going to lose back to Reigns at RR anyway.
Originally posted by smithordie:
Pretty disappointing.

Short, crappy matches cutting into cameo time. This should have been nothing but cameos from legends and maybe some highlight videos of the best matches from 25 years of Raw. Where was Foley? Where was The Rock? Where was Lita? At least HHH gave a shout out to Chyna.

Instead, we got 10 minutes of headlocks in an 8-woman tag match just to setup the fat chick and the crazy asian chick being the last two in the RR match, DX wasting their spot on pushing a guy that will never be more than an IC champ, and the Miz winning a belt he's going to lose back to Reigns at RR anyway.

Reigns dropped the belt so they could work the WM storyline with Lesnar. I am guessing he wont win the rumble (or the IC title) and will get the main title shot at Elimination Chamber.
Everyone is so ollllddddddd
Share 49ersWebzone