LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 149 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
If gsp does retire, Lawler v hendricks would be an awesome fight to determine champion

i'd like a little 4 man tourney. matt brown and carlos condit are already fighting on the 14th.

I would like that idea also. A tourney could bring diaz out of retirement also...
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Isn't this the same reason why people b***hed about boxing! And how it would never happen in mma lil

Boxing sucks now because the level of competition and talent is s**t.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Yeah, right. George CLEARLY won this fight. Pfft. Dude got his face smashed in. Btw, is Hendricks related to Damien Sandow?

Chael tapped out lol.
Woodley is a beast!!! My boy, Ruthless Robbie, is a beast!! and wtf was that s**t decision on the Hendricks/GSP fight?! IMO, Hendricks clearly won it 3-2 and I definitely had the 1st round going to Hendricks. No question about it. what pissed me off more was GSP being all emotional and dramatic after the fight calling for a temp retirement. get that s**t outta here. a rematch needs to happen and i can see Hendricks aiming to take his head off.
pantstickle got f**king robbed!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Chael tapped out lol.

only time that dude was good was when he was on the juice. GTFO of the UFC.
Originally posted by strickac:
Woman fighters, woman refs, and now woman judges

lol...

this isnt the first time when fights in the ufc have ended in controversy (with all male judges). but go ahead and spin it your way so it can fit your caveman mentality.
  • evil
  • Veteran
i know rory's pretty talented even after his defeat tonight. i guess i'm just unimpressed that he beat up on 2 guys who are better light weights than welter weights (diaz and penn). i gave him a pass for his boring fight with ellenberger but tonight was the same s**t. laying on top of the dude in rounds 1 and 2 doing nothing, even rogan called him out. then when hes on top with 10 seconds left he starts raining elbows down.

I didn't give him a pass for the Ellenberger fight. He could have done more to win that fight instead of fighting not to lose it. He did lay a little too much on Robbie, but Rogan called that right...he was waiting for him to try and explode and get up though he waited too much and could have done more damage. He ended the fight on a high note but it was too little too late.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Can you really blame Hendricks for holding back some though? He almost stopped GSP at one point, and this was his first ever 5 round fight his entire career. He didnt want to tire out. His game plan was perfect and 100% won him that fight. That was one of the worst decisions, if not the worst decision i have ever seen in my life.

That was not a worse decision ever that honor goes to Machida vs Shogun. And I don't think it was 100% clear Johny won that fight. Hendricks took 2 & 4 while GSP took 3 & 5, no debating that...it comes down to round 1 and how one scored it. The stats were almost identical for both and the round was close, which can often favor the champ. No denying Hendricks had a helluva performance, and has a strong case for winning the fight but it isn't BS given the rules in place for scoring the fight.

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Well apparently damage doesn't guarantee a win.

Nor should it because visible damage is not an accurate way to determine a winner. Some people bruise and cut easier than others. Also damage is not part of the judging criteria under the unified rules of MMA, though those rules need to be modified.

• evil
  • Veteran
If gsp does retire, Lawler v hendricks would be an awesome fight to determine champion

i'd like a little 4 man tourney. matt brown and carlos condit are already fighting on the 14th.

I would like that idea also. A tourney could bring diaz out of retirement also...

Tournament is the right idea. Though Diaz is coming off a loss thus is not exactly deserving of being awarded a spot in a 4 man tourney.

I'd say Hendricks and Lawler have punched their tickets, and the winner of Condit/Brown would be deserving of the 3rd spot. As for the 4th...looking at the top fighters who have strung together at least 2 wins in a row I think it comes down to Saffiedine and DHK with Tarec slightly ahead IMO as he was the last Strikeforce WW champ. If he wins on January 4th I'd put him in.

Hendricks vs Saffiedine/DHK
Lawler vs Condit/Brown

IMHO it means the finals are Hendricks vs Condit/Lawler so either way a great scrap. Oh and can we get this done Pride tourney style with the 3 fights happening on the same night
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Tournament is the right idea. Though Diaz is coming off a loss thus is not exactly deserving of being awarded a spot in a 4 man tourney.

I'd say Hendricks and Lawler have punched their tickets, and the winner of Condit/Brown would be deserving of the 3rd spot. As for the 4th...looking at the top fighters who have strung together at least 2 wins in a row I think it comes down to Saffiedine and DHK with Tarec slightly ahead IMO as he was the last Strikeforce WW champ. If he wins on January 4th I'd put him in.

Hendricks vs Saffiedine/DHK
Lawler vs Condit/Brown

IMHO it means the finals are Hendricks vs Condit/Lawler so either way a great scrap. Oh and can we get this done Pride tourney style with the 3 fights happening on the same night

i'd like to see Woodley on that list, too.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
I didn't give him a pass for the Ellenberger fight. He could have done more to win that fight instead of fighting not to lose it. He did lay a little too much on Robbie, but Rogan called that right...he was waiting for him to try and explode and get up though he waited too much and could have done more damage. He ended the fight on a high note but it was too little too late.

That was not a worse decision ever that honor goes to Machida vs Shogun. And I don't think it was 100% clear Johny won that fight. Hendricks took 2 & 4 while GSP took 3 & 5, no debating that...it comes down to round 1 and how one scored it. The stats were almost identical for both and the round was close, which can often favor the champ. No denying Hendricks had a helluva performance, and has a strong case for winning the fight but it isn't BS given the rules in place for scoring the fight.

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Well apparently damage doesn't guarantee a win.

Nor should it because visible damage is not an accurate way to determine a winner. Some people bruise and cut easier than others. Also damage is not part of the judging criteria under the unified rules of MMA, though those rules need to be modified.

thats my problem, he is saving it until the end. why not try to rain down elbows with that typoe of force when you were on top of him in rounds 1 and 2? its a way too conservative style for my liking.
TMZ reporting that GSP looking for time off due to father not being in good health and may be dying. Also, apparently GSP got a chick preggo and he doesn't want her to have the baby, but she wants to have it (to get the $$$).
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
i'd like to see Woodley on that list, too.

I hear you but he lost to Shields recently leaving him at 1-1 inside the octagon. He would be among a few who would be vying for the #1 contender spot to take on the new champ..along with Lombard, Diaz & MacDonald.

thats my problem, he is saving it until the end. why not try to rain down elbows with that typoe of force when you were on top of him in rounds 1 and 2? its a way too conservative style for my liking.

agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone