LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 270 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by KRS-1:
When he called out BJ, BJ was coming off of 3 fights at WW (vs Hughes, vs Fitch and vs Diaz). He also was not the only one to call BJ out during that time, Koscheck also called BJ out...BJ chose to accept Rory's challenge as opposed to Kos' challenge. Rory's initial call out was respectful :

"Right now I feel there's a guy that I want to fight before he leaves the sport and that's B.J. Penn. That's a guy I really want to fight. I respect him a lot. He's a legend and I think it'd be a really good matchup for me to have that fight in Toronto I think it'd be a great opportunity. I'd love the opportunity to fight a guy I've looked up to for a long time and watched since I've been a young kid, so we'll see if he accepts. I'm throwing the idea out there. If he'd like to do it, I'm more than ready to accept. It's more of the idea that he may be retiring, so how many opportunities am l going to get to fight a guy like BJ after he's gone? I think it'd be a great fight. I know I'm going to fight all these guys in the top 10 eventually. I'm a young guy and these guys are going to be around for a long time and I know I'm going to get my shot against all these guys, and maybe I'll be missing my opportunity if I wait too long with B.J. It's definitely not an easy fight. I definitely think I'll win. I'm very confident in myself, but B.J.'s a very dangerous fighter. If you take him lightly, you're in for a very bad night. I'll be at my very best if that fight happens."

And let's not forget why BJ accepted Rory's challenge, it was because BJ felt he had something to prove to TriStar and he said so himself...BJ was still bitter over the losses to GSP.

i know rory's pretty talented even after his defeat tonight. i guess i'm just unimpressed that he beat up on 2 guys who are better light weights than welter weights (diaz and penn). i gave him a pass for his boring fight with ellenberger but tonight was the same s**t. laying on top of the dude in rounds 1 and 2 doing nothing, even rogan called him out. then when hes on top with 10 seconds left he starts raining elbows down.
benson henderson vs josh thomson announced at the post fight presser for a ufc on fox card on jan 25th i believe.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
well that was BS.

Lawler fkn stepped up. Good for him.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
my dude tyron woodley from st. louis

That decision was BS. Cant even believe that s**t.
Post fight conference:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Video-UFC-167-PostFight-Press-Conference-59495

(Paraphasing)
Some comments from dana white:

"Did you see gsp get smashed?"
"I think the nsac is astrocious"
"The governer needs to step in."
"Its 100% incompetence"
"Im scared to death of doing fights in this state"
"I was in the octagon, they (gsp's team) knew they lost"
"i gave gsp the third round"

On the flip side:

Johnny hendricks being asked about of if he was surprised he couldnt ko gsp.
"I hit him with 70% power and i thought it would be enough"
Dw: "it wasnt enough if you left it up to the judges"
Jh: "...ouch...... I'll be back. Next time i wont leave it up to the judges."

Gsp being asked on if he is retiring.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/is-georges-st-pierre-retiring-ufc-167-post-press-conference-video

Basically the same answer as in the octagon..... Just say youre retiring.....
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Nov 17, 2013 at 7:35 AM ]
If gsp does retire, Lawler v hendricks would be an awesome fight to determine champion
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Post fight conference:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Video-UFC-167-PostFight-Press-Conference-59495

(Paraphasing)
Some comments from dana white:

"Did you see gsp get smashed?"
"I think the nsac is astrocious"
"The governer needs to step in."
"Its 100% incompetence"
"Im scared to death of doing fights in this state"
"I was in the octagon, they (gsp's team) knew they lost"
"i gave gsp the third round"

On the flip side:

Johnny hendricks being asked about of if he was surprised he couldnt ko gsp.
"I hit him with 70% power and i thought it would be enough"
Dw: "it wasnt enough if you left it up to the judges"
Jh: "...ouch...... I'll be back. Next time i wont leave it up to the judges."

Gsp being asked on if he is retiring.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/is-georges-st-pierre-retiring-ufc-167-post-press-conference-video

Basically the same answer as in the octagon..... Just say youre retiring.....

Can you really blame Hendricks for holding back some though? He almost stopped GSP at one point, and this was his first ever 5 round fight his entire career. He didnt want to tire out. His game plan was perfect and 100% won him that fight. That was one of the worst decisions, if not the worst decision i have ever seen in my life.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
If gsp does retire, Lawler v hendricks would be an awesome fight to determine champion

i'd like a little 4 man tourney. matt brown and carlos condit are already fighting on the 14th.
Isn't this the same reason why people b***hed about boxing! And how it would never happen in mma lil

he got the mayweather treatment.
Originally posted by Disp:
Gotta be s**tting me. Hendricks won that.

Hendricks won 1,2, and 4 for sure, lost 3, and 5 was close because of GSP's 2 takedowns, but I would give it to Hendricks too since he got up fast on the last one.

Hendricks did not win 1. We went back and re-watched it because my buddies thought the same. GSP clearly won 1
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Can you really blame Hendricks for holding back some though? He almost stopped GSP at one point, and this was his first ever 5 round fight his entire career. He didnt want to tire out. His game plan was perfect and 100% won him that fight. That was one of the worst decisions, if not the worst decision i have ever seen in my life.

I agree.

Hendricks did miss some opportunities though to finish.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Isn't this the same reason why people b***hed about boxing! And how it would never happen in mma lil

Which is any it sounds like dana white may stop holding events in nevada......
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by solidg2000:

WTF are you talking about!!
Share 49ersWebzone