LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

***Official Tokyo Olympics 2020 Thread***

I'm so torn on that matter. I get that she's the face of the US team as a whole this year since Phelps isn't there so that's a tremendous amount of pressure but at the same time, why not drop from the team events weeks ago instead of the day of the event? Seems selfish to me but I don't know what's going on in her head so I shouldn't criticize too harshly.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
I'm so torn on that matter. I get that she's the face of the US team as a whole this year since Phelps isn't there so that's a tremendous amount of pressure but at the same time, why not drop from the team events weeks ago instead of the day of the event? Seems selfish to me but I don't know what's going on in her head so I shouldn't criticize too harshly.

Watching it now. She was just in her own head. Having an awful Olympics. USA team might have been better without her. But we will never know cause she quit.
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I hope she's ok. I read she felt she wasn't in the right headspace to compete. I can't imagine the amount of pressure she's been under.

I wish Kyle Williams had done that.

Okay I'm over it, I'm over it!

you had to go there, didn't you

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I hope she's ok. I read she felt she wasn't in the right headspace to compete. I can't imagine the amount of pressure she's been under.

I wish Kyle Williams had done that.

Okay I'm over it, I'm over it!

Would have never come down to our backup punt returner if our quarterback could move the ball.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Watching it now. She was just in her own head. Having an awful Olympics. USA team might have been better without her. But we will never know cause she quit.

Apparently she contracted the gymnastic's version of the "yips" which can f**k you up seriously when performing those high speed aerial maneuvers. I'm scared just trying to imagine doing those stunts under that kind of mental state where you can't trust your brain.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Couldn't agree more. Have no problem or have any criticism for Biles. She's 24 and has been a superstar since her teens. She has done more than enough for the sport and for the country. Unfortunate ppl are going after her.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 28, 2021 at 11:14 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Would have never come down to our backup punt returner if our quarterback could move the ball.

Rodgers and Brady didn't do so hot against that same defense. The offense and defense both did enough to win, which they would have if the returner could have accomplished the absolute bare minimum needed to play the position which is to not turn the ball over.

In a 3 point loss, giving the ball away twice deep in your own territory to a team that was struggling to move the ball on offense was BRUTAL.

Anyways back to the Olympics.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:

Couldn't agree more. Have no problem or have any criticism for Biles. She's 24 and has been a superstar since her teens. She has done more than enough for the sport and for the country. Unfortunate ppl are going after her.

Maybe she shouldn't have declared herself the GOAT before quitting on her team right in the middle of competition...
[ Edited by jcs on Jul 28, 2021 at 2:18 PM ]
Lol of course it's Jcs
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

Maybe she shouldn't have declared herself the GOAT before quitting on her team right in the middle of competition...

She didn't have to declare it - she is the GOAT. Don't be ridiculous. And her team didn't feel that she quit on them. So that's that.

She's seen as the GOAT by everyone.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
What an amazing race by Bobby Finke. Wow! Amazing!!! Was 5th on the last turn and won gold in 800m free
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

this is true - saw some of this in media over the last 48 hours
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 28, 2021 at 7:26 PM ]

She's seen as the GOAT by everyone.

No doubt still the GOAT. Had a bad few days. Choking in the Olympics is ruff but as bad as she was doing she thought someone would score higher.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
No doubt still the GOAT. Had a bad few days. Choking in the Olympics is ruff but as bad as she was doing she thought someone would score higher.

And her teammate won the all around gold so not sure how she would have placed.
Share 49ersWebzone