LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

***Official Tokyo Olympics 2020 Thread***

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
When you running from a Bear, you better be able to hurdle,

but wait, let me take my time and wait for the bear so that we can coordinate our plunge over the cliff into the river.

I don't know, where is the line between things that require athletics and things that can be perfect through building the skill for it?

Oh ok - I got you. So let me continue this real world scenario…

So you running from a bear - hurdling over leaves - high jumping over rabbits - pole vaulting over bushes…you notice your kid is running alongside you. You two reach a cliff and are about to jump into a river.

But wait - you see a crocodile on the left bank waiting for you to jump. You tell your kid to come on your right side and do a synchronized dive into the river. Synchronization was so perfect and beautiful and amazing - Crocky only saw you and not your kid. Your body was completely shielding your kid from Crocky's POV. There wasn't a big splash and timing was perfect too - so he only heard one splash.

He enters the river and does his thing with you. But your kid is safe and sound bc of a synchronized dive.

Pretty heroic and athletic of you, if you ask me.

Also - listen to Justin - don't try to outrun a bear. Lol what you doing? Maybe speed chess should be in Olympics games. Quick thinking in the real world is pretty darn important.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

…reason why we have Boxing -Taekwondo - Judo as part of Olympics.
Biles just dropped the USA team events.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Joecool:
When you running from a Bear, you better be able to hurdle,

but wait, let me take my time and wait for the bear so that we can coordinate our plunge over the cliff into the river.

I don't know, where is the line between things that require athletics and things that can be perfect through building the skill for it?

Oh ok - I got you. So let me continue this real world scenario…

So you running from a bear - hurdling over leaves - high jumping over rabbits - pole vaulting over bushes…you notice your kid is running alongside you. You two reach a cliff and are about to jump into a river.

But wait - you see a crocodile on the left bank waiting for you to jump. You tell your kid to come on your right side and do a synchronized dive into the river. Synchronization was so perfect and beautiful and amazing - Crocky only saw you and not your kid. Your body was completely shielding your kid from Crocky's POV. There wasn't a big splash and timing was perfect too - so he only heard one splash.

He enters the river and does his thing with you. But your kid is safe and sound bc of a synchronized dive.

Pretty heroic and athletic of you, if you ask me.

Also - listen to Justin - don't try to outrun a bear. Lol what you doing? Maybe speed chess should be in Olympics games. Quick thinking in the real world is pretty darn important.

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

I hope she's ok. I read she felt she wasn't in the right headspace to compete. I can't imagine the amount of pressure she's been under.
Waiting to see this Russian chick to go off. She's been dominating everything across Europe for the past few years.

Originally posted by luv49rs:

I hope she's ok. I read she felt she wasn't in the right headspace to compete. I can't imagine the amount of pressure she's been under.

Sounded selfish to me
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

Sounded selfish to me

do you think she sacrificed the team event so she can prepare for the individual events?

Sounded selfish to me

do you think she sacrificed the team event so she can prepare for the individual events?

That the way it sounds to me. She wasn't doing as good as normal and ditched her team to prep for me time.

First medal for the US in sync diving. lol

I wish Kyle Williams had done that.

Okay I'm over it, I'm over it!

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I wish Kyle Williams had done that.

Okay I'm over it, I'm over it!

you had to go there, didn't you

Sounded selfish to me

That the way it sounds to me. She wasn't doing as good as normal and ditched her team to prep for me time.

If she dropped out of the individual events, thats one thing. Its s**tty because someone else could have had her spot and fulfilled a dream.

Dropping out of the team events is a s**tty thing to do to her teammates. Sometimes its time to suck it up for those around you.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Sounded selfish to me

If she dropped out of the individual events, thats one thing. Its s**tty because someone else could have had her spot and fulfilled a dream.

Dropping out of the team events is a s**tty thing to do to her teammates. Sometimes its time to suck it up for those around you.

She's"being evaluated" for individuals.
Share 49ersWebzone