There are 179 users in the forums

***NBA 2022 OFF-SEASON thread***

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by 4ML:

Uhh they did alright in 2017, and last month without him. I don't really understand the point he's trying to make. KD is good at basketball? Thanks Draymond

Maybe if he wasn't so insecure and need so many people and burner accounts to go to bat for his god like abilities, he'd actually be a leader.

Is this what has gotten KD all up in his feels again recently?

Def. agree that KD is not a leader. That's why Nets had tough time dealing with Kyrie and Harden. At the same time - Draymond is the leader of the Warriors team and I have to disagree with Curry made Klay, Draymond, and especially Kerr a HOF coach. That's an absurd take from Acho lol. Just say Curry is better all time player than Durant bc his offensive impact is the highest the game has ever seen. More than Jordan or Lebron or Kareem. Don't have to say dumb s**t like he made Kerr a HOF coach - why didn't he make Jackson a HOF coach lol

Draymond is saying more than just KD is good at basketball. Warriors didn't lack leadership. They had it with Draymond - and Curry is/was a great leader by example. They were a small finesse team. KD didn't really address that weakness - though he was great defensively in 2017 - but added so much to what they were already elite at - that it didn't matter.
2002 off-season?
Spurs trade Dejounte Murray for 3 first round picks that probably won't be lottery picks. As a Spurs fan it makes no sense, Murray is on the verge of Superstar status and the return is a head scratcher. The next move out of San Antonio could be the retiring of Coach Pop, I can't see him staying through a rebuild.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Spurs trade Dejounte Murray for 3 first round picks that probably won't be lottery picks. As a Spurs fan it makes no sense, Murray is on the verge of Superstar status and the return is a head scratcher. The next move out of San Antonio could be the retiring of Coach Pop, I can't see him staying through a rebuild.

Hasn't it already been a rebuild?
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Not while you have a Superstar guard.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Tanking for that French freak in the draft next year.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
2002 off-season?

Yup. I'm putting my money this year on Kwame Brown. He will figure it out and be an All-Star. What you need in today's game is someone who can't hit 3's to save their life. In the paint, that's where games are won.

You can have a superstar guard and still be a mediocre or awful team. Beal and the Wizards is another example.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

lol wut?

You can have a superstar guard and still be a mediocre or awful team. Beal and the Wizards is another example.

And I wouldn't even put Murray on that level. He's a good player, but it's not like he has a has a lot of competition on that roster. Beal is also very proven as well.

It's a good trade for both teams, imo.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
If I was spurs - I would have kept him. He has an elite first step - is on his way to be a perennial all-star player. You don't give up those kind of players at this stage. You can blow up everything else and still tank for 1st pick. I don't agree with this at all.

Dejounte and Young are gonna be so much fun to watch. Perfect fit. Imo they will be the best back-court in the league in a couple years.
If I was spurs - I would have kept him. He has an elite first step - is on his way to be a perennial all-star player. You don't give up those kind of players at this stage. You can blow up everything else and still tank for 1st pick. I don't agree with this at all.

Dejounte and Young are gonna be so much fun to watch. Perfect fit. Imo they will be the best back-court in the league in a couple years.

Tankin for that wemba kid
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Tankin for that wemba kid

Yea I know. I'm just saying - you can tank with Dejounte too. Blow up rest of the team - sit him out when you can and don't win games. OKC did it with Shai - Spurs could have done with Dejounte. And letting go of a special player and bet on ping pong balls is something.

imo terrible trade for Spurs.
Yea I know. I'm just saying - you can tank with Dejounte too. Blow up rest of the team - sit him out when you can and don't win games. OKC did it with Shai - Spurs could have done with Dejounte. And letting go of a special player and bet on ping pong balls is something.

imo terrible trade for Spurs.

The Spurs made a move to try and become relevant again. I guess the OKC plan of loading up on draft picks has taken over from finding the "Big Three".

they got ripped off.
Share 49ersWebzone