LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

***Official 2021-22 Soccer Thread***

Originally posted by Knowledge:

Well that didn't last long
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Some good champions league groups out there.

Bayern v Barca is always good
Man City v PSG should be a fun watch too

Well that didn't last long
This will be awkward AF. After a day of complaining and talking s**t about Ronaldo, he will have no option but sign with United when he clearly had picked City over them (for good reason). Wonder if this also means some departures like Pogba going the other way or Martial who will never see the pitch now. Meanwhile if you had Bruno on your fantasy team, sell him high as when CR7 arrives, he might not see his penalty and free kick goals for a while
  • Garce
  • Veteran

premiership confirmed
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Ronaldo coming back home!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
What a day! Can't wait to see my favorite player, the entire reason I became a ManU fan back in red. Going to be awesome.
Can't help but think it's a bit desperate by man united, they couldn't bare the thought of him joining city so had to jump in. In terms of what he'll do for them he'll do ok, but he's past being part of a team, it's the Ronaldo show now it's all about him. He wants the glory and the goals. I can't help but think they've been that poor since Ferguson they'll pander to him and he will over awe the players and they'll not play as a team, not that they were a great one anyway but it'll be a team of individuals. Ronaldo will get his fair share of goals but the team won't move forward. As a Leeds fan I hope it ends in disappointment just like the rest of the vanity signings they've made over the past few years. Such as zlatan, pogba, falcao, etc

this tweet sums it up. Man united rely on individuals and bits of individual quality to dig them out of holes rather than playing as team and being good team like the likes of Man City and liverpool

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waccoe1919:
Can't help but think it's a bit desperate by man united, they couldn't bare the thought of him joining city so had to jump in. In terms of what he'll do for them he'll do ok, but he's past being part of a team, it's the Ronaldo show now it's all about him. He wants the glory and the goals. I can't help but think they've been that poor since Ferguson they'll pander to him and he will over awe the players and they'll not play as a team, not that they were a great one anyway but it'll be a team of individuals. Ronaldo will get his fair share of goals but the team won't move forward. As a Leeds fan I hope it ends in disappointment just like the rest of the vanity signings they've made over the past few years. Such as zlatan, pogba, falcao, etc

this tweet sums it up. Man united rely on individuals and bits of individual quality to dig them out of holes rather than playing as team and being good team like the likes of Man City and liverpool

Well that's just like your opinion man

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waccoe1919:

Based on last season's performance - Ronaldo is just not the same player but is still the same diva. It was a COVID year so I'll give him some benefit of doubt - but if that's what he is now - then the diva act will get exhausting real fast.

Everyone will deal with it if he is still that elite player that he was for a decade plus.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
f**king Juve, end of an era. It's going to be a long couple of seasons.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Arsenal
  • Veteran
Barcelona looked good without Messi. It's going to be an interesting season for them.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
Barcelona looked good without Messi. It's going to be an interesting season for them.

Good thing with this financial mess is - they'll have to play the young guys and luckily timing works out perfectly bc there is some ridiculously talented kids.

Can't wait for Pedri and Fati to come back. Hoping we sell some of the older players in winter and give the young players all the minutes in the 2nd half - and then add couple of stars in summer.
Share 49ersWebzone