LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

2021 NBA Draft Thread(Lottery is tonight 8:30PM EST)

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by 4ML:

Sorry dude.

If I have to do mock right now:
1. Det - Cade (clear no 1 imo)

—— small drop off in talent

2. Hou - Jalen Green

3. Clev - Jalen Suggs

4. Tor - Evan Mobley (he's my no 2 guy but drops bc Houston has Woods and Cleveland has Allen)

—— some dropoff in talent

5. Orl - Jonathan Kuminga

6. OKC - Scottie Barnes

7. GSW - Davion Mitchell

——big dropoff in talent

Orlando is in a really bad position in the draft. They don't need point or defensive forward. I think they try to move up if they can since they have another pick in top 10. Just my 2 cents.

That's what I'm hoping for.

I think Cavs will look to move down if Cade and Green are first 2 picks.

Cavs don't need a center (Allen) or a PG (Sexton and Garland). They desperately need a 2 and a 3 and will be praying for Houston to take Suggs or Mobley.

I think Houston can go either with Mobley or Green.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 23, 2021 at 4:39 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I gotcha, I couldn't remember the teams who fell out of top 4, ORL had great odds, I still don't understand how it works, and how the f**k does the Cavs keep getting such high picks.

I'm good with any of the 3(Mobley, Suggs, & Green)

I don't see them drafted Suggs. Should be Mobley or Green imho.

At first I thought - they already have Woods - why draft Mobley - but Mobley is special athlete for his size (just like Woods). He can stay on the floor playing alongside Woods.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 23, 2021 at 4:40 AM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Thank god my Rockets keep their pick, #2 overall, so Jalen Suggs, Evan Mobley, or Jalen Green then? Just hope whoever it is will gel and develop with Wood, a developed KPJ, plus good reserves like Tate & KJ Martin.

Jalen Green is one of my favorite players in the draft, but I'd be intrigued to see Mobley and Wood play together. Mobley is versatile enough to play the 4-5 spots.
Originally posted by crabman82:
How good is cunningham?

Legit. 6'8'' point forward that literally does EVERYTHING well. Also proved to doubters that he has 3-level scoring ability in his one and done year.
Bummed the Dubs are at 7. I really wanted them to draft Barnes, but I think he's gone by 6 and maybe even crack the top 5. I've been reading that teams are more impressed with him over Kuminga.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

YES!
  • jrg
  • Veteran

YES!

#5 and #8!

TAKE THEM!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
^^ Keon drawing comparisons to Latrell Sprewell
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

YES!

#5 and #8!

TAKE THEM!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/rumor-scottie-barnes-best-chance-210551782.html

Imo this is who Orlando should draft. This may work out pretty nicely for you guys.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Yea...if Barnes is there at 5...Orlando should run to draft him. The more I watch him - the more I like.
Yea...if Barnes is there at 5...Orlando should run to draft him. The more I watch him - the more I like.

He is the guy I have wanted for the Warriors but he will be gone. Orlando will take him over Kuminga if they are smart.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

He is the guy I have wanted for the Warriors but he will be gone. Orlando will take him over Kuminga if they are smart.

Yup - good call on that. Honestly - won't be surprised if he goes in top 4. I'd a little nervous to draft a 7 ft dude with barely 220lbs on him.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 17, 2021 at 7:54 PM ]
So Jalen Green is only working out for Detroit & Houston, while Mobley just Houston. I just don't know who the Rockets pick, they are said to want Cade, whether to trade up 1 spot or if Detroit goes elsewhere. Guess Detroit wants a lot, I'm guessing if the Rockets offered #2, #23 or #24, and the Pistons can have back their 2022 protected 1st, which it's protected till 2027, the Pistons may not even take that.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Yup - good call on that. Honestly - won't be surprised if he goes in top 4. I'd a little nervous to draft a 7 ft dude with barely 220lbs on him.

Been looking at Mock Drafts. CBS Sports #5

"It appears as if Scottie Barnes' workouts and interviews have pushed him ahead of the field as the best prospect outside of the top four. The shooting concerns are real -- both in mechanics and confidence -- but his 7-2 wingspan, defensive versatility and playmaking potential should make up for it. A frontcourt with Barnes and Jonathan Isaac would be an absolute nightmare for opposing offenses."

If the Magic take Scottie Barnes at No. 5, it would behoove them to select a primary scorer with their second top-10 pick. James Bouknight is exactly that, and has impressed throughout the pre-draft process with his shooting and creation. He has the upside of a 20-point-per-game scorer, and the floor of a heat-check bucket-getter off the bench, which seems like a worthwhile selection for Orlando at this juncture.
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 21, 2021 at 2:05 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone