There are 764 users in the forums
2026 San Francisco Giants Season Thread
Jul 29, 2021 at 6:47 PM
- Leathaface
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,735
I remember in 2012 the Dodgers went all out and traded for all those big names from the Red Sox only to watch us win the WS. Let's hope history repeats itself.
Jul 29, 2021 at 6:47 PM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,446
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:Looks like the Dodgers are trading their top 2 prospects plus more. They have the ability to do that more than any other team
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Dodgers getting Scherzer, Turner and Duffy is way more concerning than anything the Padres could do given that Betts will be back with them soon as well.
how many key prospects did that cost them?
It's not an official trade yet
Per Passan its all but done...
Yah just seeing it. I'm not surprised tho, it's been the Dodgers for years now. Not surprised with SD either
Jul 29, 2021 at 7:04 PM
- SFGiant49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,475
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I remember in 2012 the Dodgers went all out and traded for all those big names from the Red Sox only to watch us win the WS. Let's hope history repeats itself.
Thats the first thing I thought of. Hopefully the Giants just get on a real hot streak and just don't let the dodgers catch up. Then worry about the postseason
Jul 29, 2021 at 7:24 PM
- Zachary
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,989
Waiting until the deadline is over before I text Tony Gonsolin because Twitter is making me think he might be on the move
Jul 29, 2021 at 7:35 PM
- DeepNinerValue
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,618
Originally posted by Zachary:Waiting until the deadline is over before I text Tony Gonsolin because Twitter is making me think he might be on the move
You know him?
Jul 29, 2021 at 7:37 PM
- DeepNinerValue
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,618
Trea Turner arbitration eligible next year but won't be cheap. He's 30 and a FA in 2023 so not too risky from a finance standpoint, like that is a concern for them
Jul 29, 2021 at 7:40 PM
- Zachary
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,989
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by Zachary:
Waiting until the deadline is over before I text Tony Gonsolin because Twitter is making me think he might be on the move
You know him?
Yea I can only imagine how he's feeling right now lol. His team just got LOADED and just hoping to not get any news in the next 17 hours or so. He must be tripppppin lol
Jul 29, 2021 at 7:40 PM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,446
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by Zachary:
Waiting until the deadline is over before I text Tony Gonsolin because Twitter is making me think he might be on the move
You know him?
LOL Where have you been? Zac has mentioned this many times
Jul 29, 2021 at 7:40 PM
- Zachary
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,989
Just saw the Dodgers payroll is now 275m
Jul 29, 2021 at 7:44 PM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,446
Originally posted by Garce:
Trea Turner arbitration eligible next year but won't be cheap. He's 30 and a FA in 2023 so not too risky from a finance standpoint, like that is a concern for them
The Dodgers deal with Spectrum for 8.35 billion dollars makes the financial aspects pretty moot. They have all the money in the world and a great farm system. Almost seems unfair.
Jul 29, 2021 at 7:50 PM
- LottDMontanaO
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,825
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Reynolds and Kimbrel...
Want this. Just not sure how much it would take to get them.
Jul 29, 2021 at 7:56 PM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,446
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Reynolds and Kimbrel...
Want this. Just not sure how much it would take to get them.
a LOT
Jul 29, 2021 at 9:13 PM
- DeepNinerValue
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,618
Originally posted by Zachary:Yea I can only imagine how he's feeling right now lol. His team just got LOADED and just hoping to not get any news in the next 17 hours or so. He must be tripppppin lol
Tell him the 49erswebzone thinks he's trash
Jul 29, 2021 at 9:20 PM
- DeepNinerValue
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,618
Lol I'm jk
I guess the mets are also in on both javy baez and Bryant
I guess the mets are also in on both javy baez and Bryant
Jul 29, 2021 at 9:24 PM
- Niners99
- Veteran
- Posts: 44,291
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by Zachary:
Waiting until the deadline is over before I text Tony Gonsolin because Twitter is making me think he might be on the move
You know him?
LOL Where have you been? Zac has mentioned this many times
Wait, Zachary knows Tony Gonsolin?? Whaaaaaaaaaat? 😆