LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 447 users in the forums

***OFFICIAL 2020-21 SOCCER Thread***

Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Knowledge:

Among the Best goalkeepers in the world if not the best and he's only going to get better. At 6:40 Thanks for the video and for dropping that "knowledge"

I'm far from knowledgeable when it comes to soccer. I'm about as casual as they come. I only watch the international matches. This eurocup has increased my interest in soccer though. I just don't know where to start. There's so many leagues and players. Kind of overwhelming to be honest
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
If people didn't already hate Florentino Perez ...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I'm far from knowledgeable when it comes to soccer. I'm about as casual as they come. I only watch the international matches. This eurocup has increased my interest in soccer though. I just don't know where to start. There's so many leagues and players. Kind of overwhelming to be honest

ESPN signed a contract to air La Liga this season and next 5 seasons. Easy to start there. ESPN+ will air every single La Liga game.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
If people didn't already hate Florentino Perez ...

As great of a player Ronaldo is and as great of a manager Mourinho is - both do have massive egos and turn off other ppl on the team. Calling them idiots and stupid is very immature of Perez (especially when he too can be accused of all those things) but he's right about them being egomaniacs.

Then again - many ppl will say the same about him.
Originally posted by 4ML:

ESPN signed a contract to air La Liga this season and next 5 seasons. Easy to start there. ESPN+ will air every single La Liga game.

I find la Liga the most boring league. Dominated by the same 2 teams nearly every year for the past 30ish years.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Sweet! That means they have Bundesliga, La Liga, and MLS
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
I find la Liga the most boring league. Dominated by the same 2 teams nearly every year for the past 30ish years.

I was about to say this. Lol. The other top 3 leagues are definitely better. La Liga is a f**king snoozefest.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:

Sweet! That means they have Bundesliga, La Liga, and MLS

They're finally gonna be showing more soccer in this country. Love it!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

3 teams. ATM is also legit and are the current champs!

I think Sevilla has been damn good last few years. They've done quite well in champions league as well. This ESPN deal will help lesser teams make more money and incentivize them to improve the product. Lot of talent in Spain.

Outside of EPL - all leagues are like that.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 14, 2021 at 9:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone