49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 896 users in the forums

Golden State Warriors Talk


Please lord, please.
I'm so sorry Steph, you deserved better

the window is closed, may the sun shine on us once again
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
How about putting MOST of the blame on Bob Meyers. He could have had Haliburton, Wagner, and Sengun instead of Wiseman, JK, and Moody. What a moron. He screwed up the draft and then left when he saw the writing on the wall. Dunleavy has done what he could to salvage things but somethings are impossible to fix

Idk if those picks were on Bob, but he saw the writing on the wall and dipped.

From what's out there, it seems Lacob was the one after these specific picks, not sure if that was or without bobs blessing
I totally believe the picks were on Meyers. Especially Moody over Sengun. Its just too bad that Lacob didnt let Jerry West make all the draft selections.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I totally believe the picks were on Meyers. Especially Moody over Sengun. Its just too bad that Lacob didnt let Jerry West make all the draft selections.

Yep

  • Hopper
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,423
Porzingis has pots. I can't imagine that's easy to play through.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
  • Posts: 68,691
  • POG_
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 100,317
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I'm so sorry Steph, you deserved better

the window is closed, may the sun shine on us once again

It's really upsetting that the FO seemed more focused on life after Curry than maximizing the time we had with Curry. This is a once-in-a-lifetime talent. Got 4 rings but we should have been in play for more.

exactly how I feel
Originally posted by Hopper:
Porzingis has pots. I can't imagine that's easy to play through.

He's only played 60 games or more once in the last 7 seasons. Niced player when he's in there but he just can't stay on the floor. Big guys have a lot of foot, ankle and knee issues. The list of centers that had their careers shortened because of health issues is really long.
Shout out to Lacob for giving us our 3 hours back and not having to watch the product.

will keep an eye on injury report, games with no Steph = no watch on tv or in person
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Shout out to Lacob for giving us our 3 hours back and not having to watch the product.

will keep an eye on injury report, games with no Steph = no watch on tv or in person
Yep. Most likely my last year getting NBA League Pass. Maybe i will get the hockey package now instead to watch Sharks games.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,423
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Shout out to Lacob for giving us our 3 hours back and not having to watch the product.

will keep an eye on injury report, games with no Steph = no watch on tv or in person
Yep. Most likely my last year getting NBA League Pass. Maybe i will get the hockey package now instead to watch Sharks games.
I don't blame you. I decided not to get it before the season.
If you want to say that ownership/front office wasted a couple years of the end of Steph's career, I wont argue. But the narrative that we have wasted the last 4 years is not something I can get behind.

We won a title in 2022.

In 2023, we were the defending champs and getting Wiseman back (I know he sucks but people were excited). The Draymond punch derailed the season, and I will die on that hill.

In 2024, we made a bad trade with Poole, and I can get behind the fact that we wasted that season.

In 2025, I truly believe we beat the Timberwolves if Jimmy and Steph were healthy. The front office brought in Jimmy without having to give up much and we were looking good. Injuries ruined this season.

In 2026, I can get behind the idea that we wasted this season.

But overall, the idea that we wasted 4 years of the end of Steph's career is just people speaking on emotion. We arent going to win a title every year.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone