LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Board Man Gets Paid: Kawhi Leonard hate em but love em silent assassin.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
It was incredibly scummy what he did in SA but hey it worked out for him. A game away from being champ again and a god in Toronto.

More scummy then his own teammates calling him out in public because he wasn't coming back from injury on their timeline?

Dude put his health first and people jumped all over him for it because he didn't want to be like Isaiah Thomas and jeopardize his career for minimal gain.

He quit on his team point blank period
Originally posted by Knowledge:

Only after his team quit on him. All these old ass role-players talking trash about the guy. I don't blame him for getting pissed.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Only after his team quit on him. All these old ass role-players talking trash about the guy. I don't blame him for getting pissed.

When did San Antonio Quit on Him?

They waited until the 11th hour to trade him trying to talk him out of his demands, having multiple publicly reported meetings and going above and beyond out of their way to try and make him feel wanted. He made up his mind the moment he wanted out and there was nothing the Spurs could do to keep him.
Originally posted by jcs:

They waited until the 11th hour to trade him trying to talk him out of his demands, having multiple publicly reported meetings and going above and beyond out of their way to try and make him feel wanted. He made up his mind the moment he wanted out and there was nothing the Spurs could do to keep him.

I think it is obvious by now that Kawhi is heavy on the passive aggressive side of the spectrum. Just look at his on the court smack talk as it's all indirect. I'm sure he preferred to do without Pop yelling at him and instead of talking with Tony face to face and hashing things out, he ghosted the entire team.

Now think about his comment: "I don't play hero basketball. I'm not playing for fans. I'm just playing to win. I'm not out here trying to break records ..."
—Kawhi right after taking the 3-1 lead

That's a straight assassin! Imagine him and Kobe on the same team.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 10, 2019 at 4:14 PM ]
Kawhi emoji if he wins the championship:

😐
Jinx thread.
Kawhi got iced by his own coach

Dude was taking over

When they publicly trashed him in the media and questioned his toughness because he wouldn't rush back from injury on their timeline instead of his own.

We saw another example of what can happen when a guy rushes back from injury tonight. Durant will likely winding up missing a whole season and may never be the same again after this injury.

It was bush league b******t for guys like Parker to publicly question just how tough Leonard is because they were desperate to try and make one last run in their rapidly fading careers. I don't blame Leonard for taking that personally.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

When they publicly trashed him in the media and questioned his toughness because he wouldn't rush back from injury on their timeline instead of his own.

We saw another example of what can happen when a guy rushes back from injury tonight. Durant will likely winding up missing a whole season and may never be the same again after this injury.

It was bush league b******t for guys like Parker to publicly question just how tough Leonard is because they were desperate to try and make one last run in their rapidly fading careers. I don't blame Leonard for taking that personally.
2 sides to every story.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019/1/16/18185186/tony-parker-sets-the-record-straight-on-the-kawhi-leonard-debacle
2 sides to every story.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019/1/16/18185186/tony-parker-sets-the-record-straight-on-the-kawhi-leonard-debacle

So Parker thinks he did nothing wrong. Big whoop. His comments were out there. He shouldn't have gone out into the media and said what he did. A simple no comment or "you gotta talk to him" would have been the appropriate response.

In March, Parker told Tom Orsborn of the San Antonio Express-News that his quad injury from the previous year was "a hundred times worse" than what Leonard was dealing with.

Per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Zach Lowe (h/t Rob Lopez of Def Pen Hoops), Parker's comments about his quad injury being significantly worse than Leonard's was the "last straw" for the two-time All-Star.

Dude was an old ass role player holding on for one last playoff run, talking down about a guy who already was a far better player than he ever had been. Shouldn't have been running his mouth.

• jcs
  • Veteran
2 sides to every story.

So Parker thinks he did nothing wrong. Big whoop. His comments were out there. He shouldn't have gone out into the media and said what he did. A simple no comment or "you gotta talk to him" would have been the appropriate response.

In March, Parker told Tom Orsborn of the San Antonio Express-News that his quad injury from the previous year was "a hundred times worse" than what Leonard was dealing with.

Per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Zach Lowe (h/t Rob Lopez of Def Pen Hoops), Parker's comments about his quad injury being significantly worse than Leonard's was the "last straw" for the two-time All-Star.

Dude was an old ass role player holding on for one last playoff run, talking down about a guy who already was a far better player than he ever had been. Shouldn't have been running his mouth.

Didn't these talking head comments start after the spurs season was over?
This guy just did something nobody thought could be done: won a title without being Lebron James or the Warriors. Still hardly any real respect. When the Finals matchup was TOR and Warriors nobody thought TOR had any chance, even without KD.

I think TOR beats the Warriors with KD. The won 3 times in OAK and controlled almost every quarter of the series. It would be much closer with KD, but TOR would have won because they have the best player in the series.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
This guy just did something nobody thought could be done: won a title without being Lebron James or the Warriors. Still hardly any real respect. When the Finals matchup was TOR and Warriors nobody thought TOR had any chance, even without KD.

I think TOR beats the Warriors with KD. The won 3 times in OAK and controlled almost every quarter of the series. It would be much closer with KD, but TOR would have won because they have the best player in the series.

Exactly my thought.
Originally posted by titan:

Exactly my thought.

I thought the Bucks would have been a tougher matchup for the Warriors because of their defense and the fact that their offense was predicated on the three more than ever. Without KD I had Toronto winning in 7 games. Without KD and KT the result isn't suprising in the least. With KD and KT Toronto loses in 6 or 7 games.
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Originally posted by titan:

Exactly my thought.

I thought the Bucks would have been a tougher matchup for the Warriors because of their defense and the fact that their offense was predicated on the three more than ever. Without KD I had Toronto winning in 7 games. Without KD and KT the result isn't suprising in the least. With KD and KT Toronto loses in 6 or 7 games.

Leonard makes the players on his team play at a higher level than does KD. You don't beat a team on their own court 3 times in the NBA Finals unless there is something you are doing that is dominant. I just don't see Warriors being able to handle Leonard. Even with KD and KT lighting it up in that first half of game 4, TOR was still only down single digits. They have a different type of poise and efficiency with Leonard on the court.
Share 49ersWebzone