LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Board Man Gets Paid: Kawhi Leonard hate em but love em silent assassin.

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
It was incredibly scummy what he did in SA but hey it worked out for him. A game away from being champ again and a god in Toronto.

More scummy then his own teammates calling him out in public because he wasn't coming back from injury on their timeline?

Dude put his health first and people jumped all over him for it because he didn't want to be like Isaiah Thomas and jeopardize his career for minimal gain.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
It was incredibly scummy what he did in SA but hey it worked out for him. A game away from being champ again and a god in Toronto.

More scummy then his own teammates calling him out in public because he wasn't coming back from injury on their timeline?

Dude put his health first and people jumped all over him for it because he didn't want to be like Isaiah Thomas and jeopardize his career for minimal gain.

Ya im much more critical of guys like AD and Butler for example. Those guys just didnt want be there anymore for selfish reasons. With Kawhi, you don't mess around with a players health and then blast him publicly about it. I had no issue when he forced his way out SA.
  • Jiks
I think he milked it at the end as he had no reason to put his body on the line for a team that was soon to get rid of him.
[ Edited by Jiks on Jun 9, 2019 at 8:30 AM ]
Savage.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
The star treatment wasnt his issue, it was how they handled his injury. Does it seem like he really gives a f**k about star treatment?

We like to think that player is in complete control of his career and is making all the decisions. Often the ppl around the player or his agent play a major role. There was definitely an issue where Ppl close to him felt that Spurs didnt appreciate him like OKC appreciated Westbrook or other teams appreciated their star players.

How Spurs dealt with his injury and sent Parker and Ginobli to the media was the final straw but wasn't the only issue.
Originally posted by 4ML:
The star treatment wasnt his issue, it was how they handled his injury. Does it seem like he really gives a f**k about star treatment?

We like to think that player is in complete control of his career and is making all the decisions. Often the ppl around the player or his agent play a major role. There was definitely an issue where Ppl close to him felt that Spurs didnt appreciate him like OKC appreciated Westbrook or other teams appreciated their star players.

How Spurs dealt with his injury and sent Parker and Ginobli to the media was the final straw but wasn't the only issue.

Ya I heard the stories with his agent and his dad, how they didnt like how he was being treated, but it doesnt matter what they want. Unless Kawhi feels the same way, as in he wants the Westbrook treatment, and if thats case he sure has a weird way of showing it lol.

If he really cared all he has to do is tell his agent to book him on some late night and day time shows, more commericals, etc., and he would become more of a house hold name. But its pretty obvious he doesnt care about that stuff.
Originally posted by 4ML:

Ya I heard the stories with his agent and his dad, how they didnt like how he was being treated, but it doesnt matter what they want. Unless Kawhi feels the same way, as in he wants the Westbrook treatment, and if thats case he sure has a weird way of showing it lol.

If he really cared all he has to do is tell his agent to book him on some late night and day time shows, more commericals, etc., and he would become more of a house hold name. But its pretty obvious he doesnt care about that stuff.

It's simple, Kawhi didn't want to be treated like the veteran Spurs. He obviously saw a lot of side money being left on the table and he made a business move.

Nothing wrong with that, but I think he could have promoted himself while in SA as well.

Having said that, no better feeling than having an entire country loving you. He's about to get his second Finals MVP.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 9, 2019 at 10:44 AM ]
Man, Canada. I don't think there's been this much hype and support for an NBA player since...I can't remember, Jordan?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man, Canada. I don't think there's been this much hype and support for an NBA player since...I can't remember, Jordan?

what? the entire state of Ohio and 4ML wasnt doing the same for Lebron?
Leonard going to break a lot of hearts in Canada when he decides to play for the Clippers.

Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

what? the entire state of Ohio and 4ML wasnt doing the same for Lebron?

LOL, you said one state. I'm talking about Canada. Maybe Yao Ming.
even if Bored.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by jcs:
Member when he forced his way out of San Antonio because he didn't feel like they took care of him physically or gave him the "Star" treatment....

you made that part up
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Member when he forced his way out of San Antonio because he didn't feel like they took care of him physically or gave him the "Star" treatment....

you made that part up

The personality KDs momma would be proud of. I mean seriously, what pro athlete drives a Bronco and is sponsored by New Balance.

https://www.businessinsider.com/kawhi-leonard-spurs-star-treatment-2018-7
https://247sports.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/Article/Report-Kawhi-Leonard-was-jealous-of-All-Star-treatment-others-received-in-2016-120118972/
http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=24185231

• Garce
  • Veteran
That's not a f**king bronco.
Share 49ersWebzone