LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 187 users in the forums

***OFFICIAL 2018/19 Soccer Thread***

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
If it's Ajax v Barca in the final Ajax will finally have met an opponent they cannot beat. Until then I'm still going with Ajax
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Messi
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Garce:
Messi

Yep, he just ended it. He's the X factor that gives Barca the edge over Liverpool (clearly, now).

Barca wins it all, IMO.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by Garce:
Messi

Yep, he just ended it. He's the X factor that gives Barca the edge over Liverpool (clearly, now).

Barca wins it all, IMO.

Ronaldo has made some of the best free kicks I've ever seen, I always thought that was one thing he was way better at then Messi.

But this year alone, Messi has made several amazingly skilled free kicks. There is no weakness in his game. Very lucky we get to watch him through his prime years.
  • Veteran
Messi's free kick was one of the best ever.
  • Veteran
I thought when Velverdi pulled Coutinho out, they would Pull back and sit on the ball. But that wasn't the case. They kept attacking. Amazing
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Just finished watching the game...I thought Liverpool was gonna tie it at the start of second half. I was pretty nervous. I thought they played great for first 20 minutes of the 2nd half and all of a sudden Messi magic. Messi run led to Suarez hitting the post which went straight to Messi who wasn't gonna miss open goal.

...and then that free kick was something else.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:

The bend! So sick!! That was outside of the goal post!
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Christ..my reds had no answer...christ

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Btw...Liverpool is the team I like in EPL and I'm a huge fan of Jurgen Klopp. I won't say he's the best coach but he's definitely someone who gets the most out of his players and thinks outside the box. Love his brand of football.

Hope Liverpool wins the league. Though because of Pep - I'm perfectly fine with ManCity winning it too. But, Liverpool has been so much to watch under Klopp.
[ Edited by 4ML on May 1, 2019 at 5:19 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Oh and stupid Dembele could have stick a fork in them if he finished a simple goal in the 96th minute. It was served on a platter by Messi and he completely botched it. He really needs to work on his finishing. This is where Neymar is so much superior to him.

I think Liverpool is not completely out (Id give them 10% chance) - a quick goal in the 2nd leg by them will make things interesting.

Barca gotta score on the counter to kill all hopes. I'm sure they'll get their chances. I'd start Dembele over Coutinho so Barca can go on counter early and frequently.
On this day 2001 Leeds played Valencia in the first leg of the champions league semi final at Elland Road

https://twitter.com/lufcdata/status/1123897131096580096?s=21
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I've laughed at soccer in the past. When we get a team, I'll give it more of a chance.

St. Louis soccer stadium shapes up as a sleek square, first renderings show

link
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
I've laughed at soccer in the past. When we get a team, I'll give it more of a chance.

If you truly want to enjoy the sport - watch clubs like Barca, Real, Bayern, Liverpool, and ManCity. All of them are not just great teams but fun to watch.

I've tried getting into MLS but it's just so far behind in talent.

It's like trying to watch Australian basketball after watching NBA.
Share 49ersWebzone