There are 139 users in the forums

US Men's Soccer fails to Qualify for 2018 World Cup

Originally posted by defenderDX:
we were actually decent last world cup. I got really into it. bummer. now we have to wait another 4 frickin years

This effing blows!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 49,330
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So who are considered to be top candidates to take the job now?

lets hire away Pep Guardiola from Man City. Tiki Taka in America

Doooo ittttt

Yea...Pep can't make these guys play that style.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
we were actually decent last world cup. I got really into it. bummer. now we have to wait another 4 frickin years

This effing blows!

I can tell you care so much judging by your exclamation mark!
I always get into the World Cup when it comes around, but my gosh it is an understatement even to say that this is an utter embarrassment. Completely unacceptable and downright disgusting that we won't be competing.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I always get into the World Cup when it comes around, but my gosh it is an understatement even to say that this is an utter embarrassment. Completely unacceptable and downright disgusting that we won't be competing.

that is exactly how I am dude
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I always get into the World Cup when it comes around, but my gosh it is an understatement even to say that this is an utter embarrassment. Completely unacceptable and downright disgusting that we won't be competing.

that is exactly how I am dude

First time in 36 years. Major step backwards indeed.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Oct 17, 2017 at 10:52 AM ]
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
and no one curr

lol
Agreed. America can just continue proclaiming the winners of their cute little domestic sports WORLD CHAMPION!


Panicked by canning Kilnsmann. Need to spend the next 2 years playing all the youth and sending them overseas. No more playing MLS players to help the domestic product
[ Edited by Lipstickonface on Oct 17, 2017 at 5:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Lipstickonface:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
and no one curr

lol
Agreed. America can just continue proclaiming the winners of their cute little domestic sports WORLD CHAMPION!

Panicked by canning Kilnsmann. Need to spend the next 2 years playing all the youth and sending them overseas. No more playing MLS players to help the domestic product

yeah, if only.
Originally posted by niners94:
Cost too much for kids to join youth soccer is what I heard. Only the non poor kids can play. That cuts out so many good players/athletes, aka mostly minorities like Latinos and blacks. Need to open it up to all kids that can play not just the ones that can afford it.

Absolutely not buying it. Local leagues are very affordable. It only gets expensive when you play in travel leagues.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I always get into the World Cup when it comes around, but my gosh it is an understatement even to say that this is an utter embarrassment. Completely unacceptable and downright disgusting that we won't be competing.

that is exactly how I am dude

First time in 36 years. Major step backwards indeed.

A step back to hopefully take a bunch forward. We needed to fkn clean house. We need an entire revamp. Its great we have been in the world cup the past 36 years or whatever, but we really haven't been a contender.

Why tread water for the next 36 when you can blow it up and start from scratch and actually do something.

Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by niners94:
Cost too much for kids to join youth soccer is what I heard. Only the non poor kids can play. That cuts out so many good players/athletes, aka mostly minorities like Latinos and blacks. Need to open it up to all kids that can play not just the ones that can afford it.

Absolutely not buying it. Local leagues are very affordable. It only gets expensive when you play in travel leagues.

God, no matter where you go in 2017, every single problem in the world is bc of white rich people. Fkn Bernie
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 18, 2017 at 6:56 AM ]
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by niners94:
Cost too much for kids to join youth soccer is what I heard. Only the non poor kids can play. That cuts out so many good players/athletes, aka mostly minorities like Latinos and blacks. Need to open it up to all kids that can play not just the ones that can afford it.

Absolutely not buying it. Local leagues are very affordable. It only gets expensive when you play in travel leagues.

God, no matter where you go in 2017, every single problem in the world is bc of white rich people. Fkn Bernie

lol

But IMHO, US Soccer should be going into the hotbeds that create NBA and NFL talent and get kids into soccer at a young age.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by niners94:
Cost too much for kids to join youth soccer is what I heard. Only the non poor kids can play. That cuts out so many good players/athletes, aka mostly minorities like Latinos and blacks. Need to open it up to all kids that can play not just the ones that can afford it.

Absolutely not buying it. Local leagues are very affordable. It only gets expensive when you play in travel leagues.

God, no matter where you go in 2017, every single problem in the world is bc of white rich people. Fkn Bernie

lol

But IMHO, US Soccer should be going into the hotbeds that create NBA and NFL talent and get kids into soccer at a young age.

Absolutely.

Stop paying fkn millions of dollars for washed up david villa and Kaka, and put all of that money toward creating leagues in lower income places. It helps everyone...We need to be investing in these places in education and everything else, why not adding better organized sports as well. Its a win win.

I know for a fact that 90% of the chilean players (during these past golden years) come from almost slums, basically lowest income areas. Guessing ratios are pretty high in other countries as well.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 18, 2017 at 11:18 AM ]
What do you expect when ESPN shows "Soccer" highlights and refers to them as "Kicking" highlights. LMAO. Scott Van Pelt is a boss.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
What do you expect when ESPN shows "Soccer" highlights and refers to them as "Kicking" highlights. LMAO. Scott Van Pelt is a boss.

Who is still watching ESPN.....
Share 49ersWebzone