LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

2017-18 season Los Angeles Lakers thread (and now offseason)

Today all day on nbatv team day is greatest games of the Los Angeles Lakers. Right now it's game 7 of the '88 Finals vs the pistons.
Now it's game 7 of the 2000 WCF vs the blazers. God damn, #8 is so young and quick.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Now it's game 7 of the 2000 WCF vs the blazers. God damn, #8 is so young and quick.

who's that? I'm new here

Originally posted by IT21:

who's that? I'm new here

OOTGOAT
Lakers have reached agreements on a buyout with Deng. The deal will give the Lakers $36-38 million in cap space next summer.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Lakers have reached agreements on a buyout with Deng. The deal will give the Lakers $36-38 million in cap space next summer.

Nice. Any details on the buyout? Are they gonna stretch his last year to over 3 years?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
"We want to thank Luol for his time with the Lakers," said Pelinka. "We made this move to further our future salary cap and roster flexibility, as we continue to build this Lakers team according to our current overall vision."

Still no numbers on buyout deal.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 1, 2018 at 10:52 AM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:
"We want to thank Luol for his time with the Lakers," said Pelinka. "We made this move to further our future salary cap and roster flexibility, as we continue to build this Lakers team according to our current overall vision."

i'm surprised they were able to do this and open up that much extra cap room. since they opened up that much cap for next season, i'm guessing the buyout got stretched out and probably hurts our cap for 2020/21. but the cap should increase even more by then, so this looks like a good move so far.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

i'm surprised they were able to do this and open up that much extra cap room. since they opened up that much cap for next season, i'm guessing the buyout got stretched out and probably hurts our cap for 2020/21. but the cap should increase even more by then, so this looks like a good move so far.

Deng gave up 7.5M back to Lakers...which is a good move for Lakers.

This means it will cost 5M of cap space for Lakers in 2019, 2020, and 2021. Without giving up any assets - that's as good as it gets.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 1, 2018 at 1:00 PM ]
Why the Lakers buyout with Deng is better than you think
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Good read. Lakers front office knows what they're doing. They have proven it in 2 really good off-seasons.

Though, I don't think there is any chance Durant comes to Lakers...having 38m in cap space gives them all the flexibility needed.

If Lakers swing and miss on Durant, Klay, Kawhi - then rather than overpaying Butler - maybe Lakers want to add 2 great complimentary pieces to the roster like Khris Middleton and DeAndre Jordan. They can possibly do that with 38M in cap space.

Good read. Lakers front office knows what they're doing. They have proven it in 2 really good off-seasons.

Though, I don't think there is any chance Durant comes to Lakers...having 38m in cap space gives them all the flexibility needed.

If Lakers swing and miss on Durant, Klay, Kawhi - then rather than overpaying Butler - maybe Lakers want to add 2 great complimentary pieces to the roster like Khris Middleton and DeAndre Jordan. They can possibly do that with 38M in cap space.

honestly, it sounds dumb, i know, but i don't want to Durant on this team. not just because of who he is, but we already so stacked at the SF/PF position. i rather go after someone who can play guard as well and defend other guards. with this current team, KL or Butler or KT would be a much better fit.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

honestly, it sounds dumb, i know, but i don't want to Durant on this team. not just because of who he is, but we already so stacked at the SF/PF position. i rather go after someone who can play guard as well and defend other guards. with this current team, KL or Butler or KT would be a much better fit.

I personally don't want Butler...he may be 30 but his knees should be counted in Thibs years.

I really want to see Kawhi join Lakers. If Kawhi is healthy - him and Lebron will make one scary duo.

Durant should either stay with Warriors or go to NYK and form a big 3 with Unicorn and Kyrie/Butler.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 3, 2018 at 3:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone