LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

2017 NBA Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by GameOver:
Weird move by OKC. Unless coach can scheme a fluid strong side offense with Melo PG13 and Russ feeding and playing off each other, this feels like a disaster.

How long before Melo and George are strangling Westbrook at half court?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:
This offseason is nuts.

Next will be crazier.

Lebron, Durant, PG, Russ, CP3, Melo, Wade, IT, Cousins are all FAs.

Durant will obviously re-sign but the rest can go to new teams.
Originally posted by 4ML:
This offseason is nuts.

Next will be crazier.

Lebron, Durant, PG, Russ, CP3, Melo, Wade, IT, Cousins are all FAs.

Durant will obviously re-sign but the rest can go to new teams.

I don't think next year will top this year. This one has been crazy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Originally posted by jrg:

Thunder is an interesting team. I think they are capable on competing against the Warriors talent wise but no team in the NBA plays better team basketball than the Warriors the close second are the Spurs. I wonder how Melo and PG would feel if they are 2nd and 3rd options. I think Melo will need to make the biggest adjustment to his game he will be the 3rd options on the team and I don't think that ever happens on his career. On his interview earlier he just laugh at the reporter if he is coming off the bench. I still think his ego is still too big to accept that he is not the same superstar anymore.
a lot of length on that team. if Melo would actually play some defense, that team can actually be a very good defensive team as well.
I think the real intrigue on the Thunder is if Donovan can get them all on the same page. This is a real test to see if he is actually pro coach material.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I think the real intrigue on the Thunder is if Donovan can get them all on the same page. This is a real test to see if he is actually pro coach material.

I agree completely!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

I agree completely!

Yup.

• titan
  • Veteran
Thunder looking legit...I hope they choke and blow that team up! LA Lakers need some players!!!

-No.1PlayerHater. Lol
Originally posted by titan:
Thunder looking legit...I hope they choke and blow that team up! LA Lakers need some players!!!

-No.1PlayerHater. Lol

The names look good on paper. I have some doubt whether they will play well together though. Still think they are behind the Dubs, Spurs, and possibly the Rockets.
Possibly one of the most entertaining offseason in nba history. Crazy how many star players were on the move.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by titan:

-No.1PlayerHater. Lol

The names look good on paper. I have some doubt whether they will play well together though. Still think they are behind the Dubs, Spurs, and possibly the Rockets.

Don't forget defense. Melo is one of the worst defensive player. Not sure you can hide his defensive deficiencies with Steven Adams.
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Wade and Bulls agree on buyout

Probably already on a plane to Cleveland

whats that mean via the buyout
Share 49ersWebzone