2017 NBA Off-Season Thread

"But I don't build super teams..."

[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 19, 2017 at 3:08 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Jimmy Butler going to Cleveland?

Damn son Lebrons been working overtime. It's tough to be the gm, coach, and player at the same time.

With no valuable picks to offer or any star player outside of Love and Kyrie I do not see how its possible for Cleveland to go get someone like Butler or George. They arent going to have a Big 4 like the Dubs. Best case for them is they move Love to get one of these guys.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
With no valuable picks to offer or any star player outside of Love and Kyrie I do not see how its possible for Cleveland to go get someone like Butler or George. They arent going to have a Big 4 like the Dubs. Best case for them is they move Love to get one of these guys.

I think landing George or Butler is a pipe dream for them. Especially if Boston is in the mix. They have the assets and draft capital to make a far more appealing offer. Love won't be enough, they'll need a 3rd team to chip in with picks, and I don't know why any team would do that just so the Cavs can get the best player in the deal.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I think landing George or Butler is a pipe dream for them. Especially if Boston is in the mix. They have the assets and draft capital to make a far more appealing offer. Love won't be enough, they'll need a 3rd team to chip in with picks, and I don't know why any team would do that just so the Cavs can get the best player in the deal.

I am much more worried about Boston as a team that can dethrone the Dubs than I am Cleveland. As you say, Boston has the assets to go get Butler or George and can also sign Haywood as a FA. What is Cleveland going to do to get a lot better? Not much in my opinion.
Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN

The Cavs and general manager David Griffin will part ways according to sources

Baby come back!

"DIBS!"

I am much more worried about Boston as a team that can dethrone the Dubs than I am Cleveland. As you say, Boston has the assets to go get Butler or George and can also sign Haywood as a FA. What is Cleveland going to do to get a lot better? Not much in my opinion.

Yup. Boston has the brightest future of any team in the East. They can't compete with the Cavs just yet, but Ainge has a chance to pull some big moves and make it interesting. They are loaded with assets and trade pieces.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

"DIBS!"

We got some front office openings now with Schlenk and West gone
We got some front office openings now with Schlenk and West gone

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN

The Cavs and general manager David Griffin will part ways according to sources

According to the rumors going around Gilbert and Griffith didn't share the same vision for the team going forward. It's always a bad idea if the owner gets involve how to run a team. Just look at the niners. Jed think he is the sh!t that got us to the superbowl .

Yup. Boston has the brightest future of any team in the East. They can't compete with the Cavs just yet, but Ainge has a chance to pull some big moves and make it interesting. They are loaded with assets and trade pieces.

This is the reason that Lebron may leave after next season. As soon as he knows his team cant compete with Boston he will take his talents elsewhere. Its going to be an interesting off season but if Boston can trade for Butler and sign Haywood look out.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
"But I don't build super teams..."

lol. so Cavs are just supposed to stand pat and act like this series was a fluke? don't blame them one bit for trying to get another all star type player to match them.
Both of the picks in the Sixers/Celtics deal have #1 protections

what a great deal
Brian Windhorst‏Verified account @WindhorstESPN

Dan Gilbert didn't consult with LeBron James prior to parting with David Griffin, sources said. James had advocated for Griffin extension

Cleveland better hope they somehow get Butler or PG or someone.

This just isn't looking good right now.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Brian Windhorst‏Verified account @WindhorstESPN

Dan Gilbert didn't consult with LeBron James prior to parting with David Griffin, sources said. James had advocated for Griffin extension

Cleveland better hope they somehow get Butler or PG or someone.

This just isn't looking good right now.

Dan Gilbert is incompetent. LeBron might just bounce after next season.
Share 49ersWebzone