There are 78 users in the forums

***2015-2016 NBA FINALS: CAVS V. WARRIORS THREAD***

Rockets v. Pistons Finals.
So top 4 in WC all won game 1 by combined 116 pts. It's like they added to the top half 4 crappy teams from eastern conference disguised as #5-8 seeds.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
The Pistons play a lot of ISO ball. Everyone wants to be the one to take the big shot or make the play instead of making the smart play and passing it to the open teammate.

Really? I didn't see that, expect for maybe couple possessions down the stretch by Reggie Jackson.

I thought both teams passed the ball quite a bit. They had 24 assists and Cavs had 25 assists.

Kevin Love and Kyrie played pretty good...and Lebron did what he does. He didn't had to force anything. Kyrie still needs to be more decisive and dribble less...but definitely an improvement from before.

Kyrie, JR, Shump, Lebron, Love line-up in the 4th was really really good. Would like to see more of it in the 4th quarter.

Pistons have a lot of raw talent. They were hitting a lot of 3s which I didn't expect but they've good 2-way perimeter players. That's very important in today's NBA. They're just young and inexperienced...seem to have a bright future.
Originally posted by 4ML:
The Pistons play a lot of ISO ball. Everyone wants to be the one to take the big shot or make the play instead of making the smart play and passing it to the open teammate.

Really? I didn't see that, expect for maybe couple possessions down the stretch by Reggie Jackson.

I thought both teams passed the ball quite a bit. They had 24 assists and Cavs had 25 assists.

Kevin Love and Kyrie played pretty good...and Lebron did what he does. He didn't had to force anything. Kyrie still needs to be more decisive and dribble less...but definitely an improvement from before.

Kyrie, JR, Shump, Lebron, Love line-up in the 4th was really really good. Would like to see more of it in the 4th quarter.

Pistons have a lot of raw talent. They were hitting a lot of 3s which I didn't expect but they've good 2-way perimeter players. That's very important in today's NBA. They're just young and inexperienced...seem to have a bright future.

Did Boston play cleveland that close in any of the 4 games last playoffs? Didn't really watch. Just wondering cus I'd like to see Detroit follow what Boston did by taking a step forward next season.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

Did Boston play cleveland that close in any of the 4 games last playoffs? Didn't really watch. Just wondering cus I'd like to see Detroit follow what Boston did by taking a step forward next season.

There were couple of close games before Cavs pulled away in 4th. In terms of talent, I think Pistons are ahead but they are younger as well. Adding a piece like Tobias in mid-season is not easy either.
Man, even the Western Conference is boring right now. And the East, does the East have teams playing?
missed majority of the games yesterday.. seemed like a lot of blowouts the whole weekend

I was talking about down the stretch when the Cavs started to pull away. The experience difference really showed. It seemed like Detroit tried to play hero ball and trying to make a spectacular play. The Cavs did what they were supposed to do when it mattered and the Pistons showed their inexperience.

I'm also totally spoiled by the Warriors so that colors my perception of any other basketball game except maybe the Spurs. Im always thinking "why don't they pass more?" when I watch other teams play.
lolokc
Yikes! KD was 7 out of 33 overall, 2 of 11 from 3pt land, with 7 turnovers.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Apr 18, 2016 at 8:34 PM ]

You know what is ruining the league? The crappy basketball teams that are allowed to be in the playoffs. Rockets are a joke to the game of basketball along with most Eastern Conference teams.

The playoffs are so watered down. I think they really need to revisit letting 16 teams into the playoffs or revisit Division/Conference records and just allow the 16 or even 12 best teams into the playoffs.

Use the 1st round of the playoffs as conference battles. Then after the first round, do a complete reseed per record and remove the conferences altogether.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
lolokc

crazy game
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
You know what is ruining the league? The crappy basketball teams that are allowed to be in the playoffs. Rockets are a joke to the game of basketball along with most Eastern Conference teams.

The playoffs are so watered down. I think they really need to revisit letting 16 teams into the playoffs or revisit Division/Conference records and just allow the 16 or even 12 best teams into the playoffs.

Use the 1st round of the playoffs as conference battles. Then after the first round, do a complete reseed per record and remove the conferences altogether.

Watered down talent. The should, but won't, eliminate half the teams in the league and just make it a 16 team league.

Barkley is right. Half the teams in the NBA are so awful that it's hard to watch.
[ Edited by crzy on Apr 19, 2016 at 4:32 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
playoffs have been boring as f**k
Originally posted by jrg:
playoffs have been boring as f**k

When do the 5th seed magic play
[ Edited by crabman82 on Apr 19, 2016 at 7:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone