There are 146 users in the forums

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Dont care if I am going to come off as a bitter Warriors fan.....

But one great finals series and all of a sudden Kyrie is in the top tier? Dude hasnt played an entire healthy season in his career. Prior to the playoffs, I would have had him as a fringe top 10 point guard behind players you have listed all over the place.

All I am saying is pump the breaks a bit.

That's all it takes is one playoff run like he had to break out. Nobody considered Rondo to be a top 3-5 PG before he had that playoff run when the Celtics won the title. Now I understand that he fell off, but Rondo was elite for a couple of years after that.

Kyrie really impressed me during the playoffs, and especially during the Finals. He had moments during some of those games, when it was late 4th, where he just took over the game.

And it also only takes one decent Finals run to make you immortal. Anyone remember the Delly chants last year? What has he been up to lately? lol

There are a few examples of guys who showed up big for a series or two and were never to be seen again. As Lakers fans, anyone remember Kareem Rush against the T-Wolves in the WCF? He went like 6/7 from downtown in the series clinching win back when they had to start Troy Hudson because Cassel was hurt.
[ Edited by GameOver on Jul 12, 2016 at 7:46 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

We have but one God. I pledge allegiance...to the Mamba...

lol this is great
Originally posted by GameOver:

lol this is great

Dat Kobe of Arabia doe.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

lol this is great

Dat Kobe of Arabia doe.

Prince Kobeeeeeee mighty is heeee Kobe Mammmmbaaaaaaaa RIP Robin Williams

But one great finals series and all of a sudden Kyrie is in the top tier? Dude hasnt played an entire healthy season in his career. Prior to the playoffs, I would have had him as a fringe top 10 point guard behind players you have listed all over the place.

That's all it takes is one playoff run like he had to break out. Nobody considered Rondo to be a top 3-5 PG before he had that playoff run when the Celtics won the title. Now I understand that he fell off, but Rondo was elite for a couple of years after that.

Kyrie really impressed me during the playoffs, and especially during the Finals. He had moments during some of those games, when it was late 4th, where he just took over the game.

And it also only takes one decent Finals run to make you immortal. Anyone remember the Delly chants last year? What has he been up to lately? lol

There are a few examples of guys who showed up big for a series or two and were never to be seen again. As Lakers fans, anyone remember Kareem Rush against the T-Wolves in the WCF? He went like 6/7 from downtown in the series clinching win back when they had to start Troy Hudson because Cassel was hurt.

Did you just compare Kyrie f*cking Irving to delladova?

he did

he did

Don't forget Kareem Rush too!

Don't get excited lol. I'm simply drawing a comparison that players who play up/down in a series or two of huge magnitude can then drastically change their reputation and perception to the public around the league.

he did

Don't forget Kareem Rush too!

Don't get excited lol. I'm simply drawing a comparison that players who play up/down in a series or two of huge magnitude can then drastically change their reputation and perception to the public around the league.

Yeah but kyrie is a former rookie of the year, 3 x all star, and all star game mvp. Speaking his name in comparison those other 2 is just silly. SILLY! lol
Didn't Kyrie just outplay Steph in an NBA finals? Wouldn't that make him pretty good?
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Didn't Kyrie just outplay Steph in an NBA finals? Wouldn't that make him pretty good?

So would you say that Kyrie is better than Steph? Would you rather have Kyrie instead of Steph? I think the answer to both of those questions is obvious. Ky is a star in this league but I'm not going to all of a sudden say he's a top 5 player in the L because of his finals performance. He showed up big for the Cavs when they needed him most. Well done, Kyrie.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Arminini:
How much of what D Russ is doing in the summer league is improvement and how much is due to inferior competition?

Well he played in the summer league last year and looked terrible so compared to his play last year he's definitely shown improvement.

I think its a good sign that he's dominating inferior competition. I would be really concerned if he didn't stand out. I'd say only above average NBA starters would consistently stand out against summer league competition, so my guess is he's middle of the pack for starting PG in the NBA.

To me his floor in the upcoming season is tier 4 of PGs. He does seem to be coasting through these games as well, so I'm excited to see him locked in against better competition.

Tier 1 Irving, Lilard, Paul, Westbrook, Curry.
Tier 2 Wall, Thomas, Walker, Lowry
Tier 3 Bledsoe, Reggie Jackson, Conley.
Tier 4 Teague, Rondo, Russell

Uhh a fringe top 10 pg?!? Dude was 3rd team all-NBA last season. Has been to 3 all star games lol. The only PG in the East you may argue to be better than him is John Wall (because he plays both ends) but that's it.

Just a guess but maybe you've such low opinion of Kyrie because you want to believe his absence didn't matter in last years finals.

So would you say that Kyrie is better than Steph? Would you rather have Kyrie instead of Steph? I think the answer to both of those questions is obvious. Ky is a star in this league but I'm not going to all of a sudden say he's a top 5 player in the L because of his finals performance. He showed up big for the Cavs when they needed him most. Well done, Kyrie.

I think his Finals performance just opened eyes to a lot of people who didn't care to watch him play before. Kyrie is and has always been a phenomenal offensive talent. He led the Cavs in scoring this year in the playoffs up until the Finals (where he still averaged 28 a game vs the best defense in the league). His problem before was 1) his inability to stay healthy and 2) his willingness to go 1 on 1 ALL OF THE TIME as opposed to putting the ball in motion (as a PG). Steph is on a different planet shooting the ball and is underrated when it comes to finishing at the basket but him and Kyrie are just two different players on the offensive end and both are elite with the ball in their hands so comparing them is tough. One thing we know for a fact, with everything on the line, Kyrie will not shy away from the moment...
Broken hand for Nance. Out 6-8 weeks.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

I think his Finals performance just opened eyes to a lot of people who didn't care to watch him play before. Kyrie is and has always been a phenomenal offensive talent. He led the Cavs in scoring this year in the playoffs up until the Finals (where he still averaged 28 a game vs the best defense in the league). His problem before was 1) his inability to stay healthy and 2) his willingness to go 1 on 1 ALL OF THE TIME as opposed to putting the ball in motion (as a PG). Steph is on a different planet shooting the ball and is underrated when it comes to finishing at the basket but him and Kyrie are just two different players on the offensive end and both are elite with the ball in their hands so comparing them is tough. One thing we know for a fact, with everything on the line, Kyrie will not shy away from the moment...

#MambaMentality
Broken hand for Nance. Out 6-8 weeks.

Happened with 35 ticks left last night too...f**king bummer.

Out 2 months, luckily, he'll be fine for the season. Still....no good to miss TC.
Share 49ersWebzone