LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 326 users in the forums

Colin Cowherd leaving ESPN

Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
not surprised he's going to fox. they love their over the top personalities.

And they cover west coast sports... And He lives and COVERS sports teams west of Texas.... So, that may have something to do with it. Plus he never towed the SEC party line while at ESPN.

The old producer of Sports nation is now at Fox and that's the main reason he's going. He talked up the SEC a lot though but did give other regions love.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

And they cover west coast sports... And He lives and COVERS sports teams west of Texas.... So, that may have something to do with it. Plus he never towed the SEC party line while at ESPN.

The old producer of Sports nation is now at Fox and that's the main reason he's going. He talked up the SEC a lot though but did give other regions love.

He's the only guy that would talk pac-12. He's also on record saying the SEC better watch out... And SC playing Bama in 2016 is not good news for SEC perception security. Then brought up the last four sequential times USC played the SEC west champs.... And crushed them.
Originally posted by lazy:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Good riddance

this

This

Especially after his comments about the Sean Taylor murder.

And a moron in regards to concussions.
  • Homer
  • Veteran
He's a blowhard but I like him and will miss him. Russilo is my current favorite but he is mainly an NBA guy. Hopefully he has a podcast with fox so I can get my football fix.
Any Mike&Mike threads on here? Been watching them since like 2007 lol Love those guys!!
dude sucks
Originally posted by lamontb:

He's the only guy that would talk pac-12. He's also on record saying the SEC better watch out... And SC playing Bama in 2016 is not good news for SEC perception security. Then brought up the last four sequential times USC played the SEC west champs.... And crushed them.

I agree
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I usually disagreed with him and didn't like how pro-establishment he often was, but still, relative to the corporate drones that infest espn at least he'd retained some independence and seemed to actually believe and think rationally about what he was saying. I guess that's why he had to go. He was also very funny, especially when just riffing about real life stuff. Whereas guys like Mike & Mike and LeBetard try so desperately hard to be funny and fail miserably.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:
Any Mike&Mike threads on here? Been watching them since like 2007 lol Love those guys!!

Probably not. Most people don't feel passionately about bland corporate sports talk.
I hope they bring back tony kornheiser

• Jiks
Originally posted by Jcool:
Probably not. Most people don't feel passionately about bland corporate sports talk.

Yet we're talking about ESPN.
Originally posted by hofer36:
I hope they bring back tony kornheiser

This.

Pure entertainment.
Now he's taking shots at the intelligence of Dominicans

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/colin-cowherd-needs-to-stop-talking-about-dominicans-1719751555?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/colin-cowherd-needs-to-stop-talking-about-dominicans-1719751555?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Made you listen...

lol fox is going to love this guy
Share 49ersWebzone