There are 265 users in the forums

The San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
lol you sure showed us. What about all your taunting in this thread? You are a colossal hypocrite, and totally naive about being a homer.

btw, we still own you.

+1
Originally posted by jrg:
don't worry guys. there is always next season. i believe in you. now tell me. was it the cardinals or the dodgers who ended your ridiculous hopes?

for every last single taunt i've got. payback is a b***h. bye.

This is payback? Lol

Cards got a lot more payback to do on the dynasty that owns them before it's a b***h. You're posting pictures of Bart Simpson while we post pictures of your team getting owned. And it obviously hurts, bad.
Jrg likes pain I guess. Ok.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Still a lot of baseball left and we finish the stretch run mostly at home
Originally posted by Garcia:

Lose today and it isnt going to matter. No way we come back from 6.5 out with the injuries and starting pitching we have. Today is do or die I'm afraid.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Jrg likes pain I guess. Ok.

That and making posts which shows how bitter he is that the Giants knocked the Cards out twice in 3 years and have won more WS in 5 years than the Cards have in his lifetime.

but we need to wake up, and soon
Originally posted by jrg:
don't worry guys. there is always next season. i believe in you. now tell me. was it the cardinals or the dodgers who ended your ridiculous hopes?

for every last single taunt i've got. payback is a b***h. bye.

I guess we should just not play the rest of our games and hand the trophy over. Can we still wear our 2014 championship patches?
jrg's squad was 8 1/2 back (September).. back in 2012.. so anything is possibruh

sh*t who are we kidding.. we're f*cked lol
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
jrg's squad was 8 1/2 back (September).. back in 2012.. so anything is possibruh

sh*t who are we kidding.. we're f*cked lol

If we can somehow beat Kershaw tonight there is a chance. Small perhaps but a chance.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Lose today and it isnt going to matter. No way we come back from 6.5 out with the injuries and starting pitching we have. Today is do or die I'm afraid.

Mathematically you are incorrect. I'll take facts over your assumptions.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Mathematically you are incorrect. I'll take facts over your assumptions.

Says the guy who called a game 2 weeks ago an "almost must win" LOL
While winning today would obviously help I don't buy that we're done if we lose. Our schedule before that 4-game series at the end of the month is pretty favorable with Arizona really being the toughest opponent.

We go on the road for a 4-gamer against the Rockes and 3-gamer against the Dbacks. Then we're home for 9 against the Padres/Reds/Dbacks. Then back on the road for 3 at the Padres (AT&T 2.0) and 3 at Oakland which you can barely call a road game.

The Dodgers have a tougher schedule before we meet again with 3 against the Angels (on the "road") and 3 against the Pirates (Padres/Dbacksx2)/Rockiesx2 are the rest of their opponents. It's completely possible for the GD to be 3 or maybe even 2 when we meet the Dodgers again.

And the WC isn't totally out of the question either with the Cubs losing 5 out of their last 7 and having to play a total of 13 games against the Cards (6) and Pirates (7). They also play 3 against the Dbacks and have a makeup game against the Royals.

With the way we made the playoffs in 2010 we all should know better than to be giving up at this point. The best part of it all? NOBODY wants us to make the Playoffs. Not the Cards, nor the Dodgers/Cubs/Pirates/Mets. We've PROVEN what we can do once we in the dance and nobody wants to deal with that mojo. You best believe all those teams are hoping we miss out on the playoffs regardless of how questionable we can look.

Enjoy the ride until it's truly over.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
While winning today would obviously help I don't buy that we're done if we lose. Our schedule before that 4-game series at the end of the month is pretty favorable with Arizona really being the toughest opponent.

We go on the road for a 4-gamer against the Rockes and 3-gamer against the Dbacks. Then we're home for 9 against the Padres/Reds/Dbacks. Then back on the road for 3 at the Padres (AT&T 2.0) and 3 at Oakland which you can barely call a road game.

The Dodgers have a tougher schedule before we meet again with 3 against the Angels (on the "road") and 3 against the Pirates (Padres/Dbacksx2)/Rockiesx2 are the rest of their opponents. It's completely possible for the GD to be 3 or maybe even 2 when we meet the Dodgers again.

And the WC isn't totally out of the question either with the Cubs losing 5 out of their last 7 and having to play a total of 13 games against the Cards (6) and Pirates (7). They also play 3 against the Dbacks and have a makeup game against the Royals.

With the way we made the playoffs in 2010 we all should know better than to be giving up at this point. The best part of it all? NOBODY wants us to make the Playoffs. Not the Cards, nor the Dodgers/Cubs/Pirates/Mets. We've PROVEN what we can do once we in the dance and nobody wants to deal with that mojo. You best believe all those teams are hoping we miss out on the playoffs regardless of how questionable we can look.

Enjoy the ride until it's truly over.

Obviously there would be a mathematical chance. It would just be highly highly unlikely. Now, if the Giants had starting pitching like 2010 and had a healthy ss/2b combo I would be more optimistic.
Do we want to be here? No, but 5.5 back with a month left and 5 games against LA it's far from over. BEAT LA!!
Share 49ersWebzone