LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

THE KING and his Cavaliers 2015-2016 Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
It's hard to thrive next to LeBron unless you're a spot up shooter or a clean up big. That's always been the case. Bosh called this before the season, regarding Kevin Love.

Love is getting criticized for his defense. His offense is fine. He's shooting poorly on open 3s - hardly anything to do with Lebron. Once he starts shooting like he normally does - he's gonna be fine on offense. His defense sucks though. Magic was shooting 70% in paint when he was on the court and 40% when he was on bench.

And Bosh is shooting more 3s than he ever did with Lebron.
[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Sounds like Blatt has lost the team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12092236/divide-exists-cleveland-cavaliers-players-coach-david-blatt-sources

I won't jump to conclusions. Supposedly Spols was gone in December during their first year.

My only issue with Blatt is - his rotation is out of whack. There is no consistency and players like to know how much they'll play. It's almost - roles aren't defined.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Love is getting criticized for his defense. His offense is fine. He's shooting poorly on open 3s - hardly anything to do with Lebron. Once he starts shooting like he normally does - he's gonna be fine on offense. His defense sucks though. Magic was shooting 70% in paint when he was on the court and 40% when he was on bench.

Love's getting criticized for both ends of the floor.

Bosh is shooting more 3s because he's shooting more shots. It comprises about the same percentage of his overall shot attempts as last year. And he's making them at a much higher percentage of those 3's too.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:

Love's getting criticized for both ends of the floor.

Bosh is shooting more 3s because he's shooting more shots. It comprises about the same percentage of his overall shot attempts as last year. And he's making them at a much higher percentage of those 3's too.

Yea...his 3pt shooting improved every year. I think it's safe to say that he works on that shot every off-season now.

But, my point stands. There is no more Lebron on Miami and he is still taking a lot of 3s. He didn't change his game solely because of Lebron. He changed his game because guys who are good mid-range shooters are being asked to shoot more 3s - or at least most coaches who lean on analytics often are asking their players to do just that.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
As for Kevin Love - he is shooting poorly when he's wide open. That's been his biggest criticism on offense right now. I think it's stupid to criticize him for that. His defense is pathetic though and that's where most of the critics are going after him.
I wonder where else LeBron will go to team up with two of the Top 15 players in the league in their prime?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24923511/report-lebron-james-wont-hesitate-to-leave-cavs-if-hand-is-forced
I wonder where else LeBron will go to team up with two of the Top 15 players in the league in their prime?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24923511/report-lebron-james-wont-hesitate-to-leave-cavs-if-hand-is-forced

You are such a cry baby about that. Like Kobe didn't have some advantages. He played with Shaq in his prime and had Phil Jackson as a coach. Plus he was on the Lakers pre super high salary cap fines if you go above. The Lakers could surround him with the best role players every single year. It's a new era with $100 million plus fines for exceeding the cap now possible. You can't just dominate because you have more money to spend than the small markets now. The cap fines are too high if you go above it.

Lebron doesn't have to apologize to anybody for wherever he goes. It's a free country. He is a potential FA if he so chooses. He should go where he is happy and where he has the best chance to win. He came back to Cleveland and I think that was sincere. I would not wait around there wasting years of his prime if Blatt is this bad. That's the big question IMO. Why David Blatt? He had no credentials to coach this team. Losing Varejao is a HUGE loss. They have no realistic chance to win without him. The don't have much defense or rim protection to begin with. He was their only real guy for that.

Personally I'm really unsure about the composition of the team anyway. It's a bunch of guys who are scorers and love to shoot. Where is the defense? Where is the rim protector? Kyrie loves to shoot as a PG. But they need a passing PG much more IMO. Kevin Love doesn't even get involved as much as he should.

Kobe btw was more of a #2 for the first 3 Championships. It's like saying Scottie Pippen won 6 Championships. Yeah he did...... as the 2nd best player on the team. The same thing Kobe did for the first 3 times on his team.

Lebron can go wherever he wants, stay where he wants or team up with whoever he wants.
Blatt was hired before LeBron got there so I'm sure if he had told Gilbert he was coming back that there was no way Blatt would have got the job. I'm kinda curious to see how Tyronn Lue would do at coach instead especially since he seems to have a lot of respect from the players who have had him as an assistant.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Blatt was hired before LeBron got there so I'm sure if he had told Gilbert he was coming back that there was no way Blatt would have got the job. I'm kinda curious to see how Tyronn Lue would do at coach instead especially since he seems to have a lot of respect from the players who have had him as an assistant.

Blatt may get canned but the whole Lebron - Blatt thing is overblown. Lebron said it couple of times - we're losing so these things are in the papers because it makes a good story. If we were winning - you wouldn't be writing this because it won't get much attention. Lebron also said him and Blatt are gettin' to know each other better and better every day and he agrees with his philosophy but players need to do a better job of executing on the court.

If Blatt gets fired - it'll be because of his rotations. He hasn't figured it out how to manage that aspect of the game. There is hardly any consistency in no. of minutes role players will play. Sometimes a role player will play entire 4th quarter and next game he may not play a single minute in 2nd half. That's really f**kin' with the chemistry...but again, as Lebron said - it's only been 2 months...these things take time.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
I wonder for how much?
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m3 minutes ago
ESPN sources say Cavs were today formally granted a Disabled Player Exception after losing big man Anderson Varejao for the season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq3XjDbY_Xo&feature=youtu.be&t=1m31s

(crowd noise reduced) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikhitrmKBc8&feature=youtu.be&t=2m44s

• 4ML
  • Veteran

"I'm here to build something great in the present and in the future and that's the reason I'm back," James said. "I got no other reason to have to continue to talk about things that's so outlandish. I'm here. This is where I'll be and this is where I'm comfortable at."
[ Edited by 4ML on Jan 1, 2015 at 1:13 AM ]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq3XjDbY_Xo&feature=youtu.be&t=1m31s

(crowd noise reduced) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikhitrmKBc8&feature=youtu.be&t=2m44s

that would be such a b***h move on his part if he does that.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/550430615817183234/photo/1
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Jan 1, 2015 at 10:16 AM ]
How and why does this dealing Dion Waiters deal for multiple players and draft picks make sense? Does this help or hurt? Most media reports seem favorable to the Cleveland side of the deal. J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert and an OKC future 1st round pick. I get that Waiters was not shooting well especially from 3 and he was kind of a head case me first type of player. But how do the 2 they got help them?
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 6, 2015 at 9:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone