LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 148 users in the forums

Your 2014-2015 WORLD CHAMPION Golden State Warriors.

So... about Klay's potential max deal..

He's frustrated he hadn't received one yet. How do you guys feel?
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
yahoo ranks us #2 on the power rankings

Dadgum yahoos are pretty smart. I think this team could flirt with 60 wins if everyone stays healthy. Assuming there will be injuries since it's an injury prone team, I'll go with 55 wins.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
55+ wins, top 4 seed in the West, and at least one playoff series win.

My expectations as well.
championship expectations
Originally posted by YungAce:

After seeing Hayward and Parsons get max money, Klay deserves it. He's a better player than both those guys imo. If he doesn't get it this year, he'll definitely get it next year on the RFA market.

Warriors need to ask themselves if they would match a max offer sheet for Klay. If the answer is yes, then they really should just sign him to a max deal right now. Does no good to make him wait a full year for money you plan on paying him. Take care of your core guys.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

After seeing Hayward and Parsons get max money, Klay deserves it. He's a better player than both those guys imo. If he doesn't get it this year, he'll definitely get it next year on the RFA market.

Warriors need to ask themselves if they would match a max offer sheet for Klay. If the answer is yes, then they really should just sign him to a max deal right now. Does no good to make him wait a full year for money you plan on paying him. Take care of your core guys.

I agree. I wonder if they worry about Curry being bothered by his deal since he would be making several million less than Klay per year and is the star player of the team.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I agree. I wonder if they worry about Curry being bothered by his deal since he would be making several million less than Klay per year and is the star player of the team.

That's possible. Curry's contract is a steal, but he doesn't seem like he would get too upset over it. Bogut, Lee, and Iguodala already make more than him. His ankle problems hurt his value before, but he knows he's going to get paid big-time on his next contract, when the salary cap blows up from the new TV deal.

Warriors probably want to avoid the luxury tax. Paying Klay max money would definitely put us in luxury tax territory, but the cap is expected to blow up in 2016. Max money now might look like a decent deal in just a couple years. Lee has a $15 mil expiring deal next year. Will be interesting to see if they shop his contract. I'd love to bring him back in 2016 at about half of his current salary.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 27, 2014 at 5:35 PM ]
Stupid question coming up...

Do any of you guys happen to remember when Joe Ingles was on your summer league team a few years ago? The Jazz picked him up today so I was just curious if you guys could fill me in on him. Seems to have had a good FIBA World Cup and 2012 Olympics but I've never heard of him before today.

hit it right on the nail
Dadgum yahoos are pretty smart. I think this team could flirt with 60 wins if everyone stays healthy. Assuming there will be injuries since it's an injury prone team, I'll go with 55 wins.

David Lee already doubtful (hamstring) for tomorrow night, although sounds like more of a precautionary thing and probably only miss 1 or 2 games....but still not the best omen in the world.
Lots of action tomorrow, Giants in Game 7 and as it goes into the later innings then Warriors tip off the 2014-15 season, would be awesome to have a W for both those games.

• Hopper
  • Veteran

He's going to get a max offer whether it's from us or another team next summer. W's are just delaying the inevitable which makes no sense to me.
GAMEDAY!
#PayKlay
Let's go!
Share 49ersWebzone