LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Sacramento Republic FC Thread

Originally posted by dj43:
Jed York said there are more 49er season ticket holders in Sacramento than San Francisco.

When I lived in Roseville it was apparent there were a lot of 49er fans heading west on I-80 every Sunday the 49ers were at home. I didn't think there were more from that area than SF.

I miss the old days of the 9ers summer camp at sierra college in rocklin. Thems were good times.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Jed York said there are more 49er season ticket holders in Sacramento than San Francisco.

When I lived in Roseville it was apparent there were a lot of 49er fans heading west on I-80 every Sunday the 49ers were at home. I didn't think there were more from that area than SF.

All the real fans are transplants from the bay bc it's too expensive

Yea, that was one of the main reasons why they moved out of SF. The city did not support them. (the whole bay area does, not just SF) I remember reading an article which ranked the viewership of the superbowl a couple of years ago and baltimore, of course, had the highest viewership. Our beloved San Francisco, was ranked 34th or something....

I love the city but it's not the city that it was 20 years ago. It's the same city that damn near lost the giants TWICE. I feel like Sacramento is more sports crazy but it does lack corporate dollars. As much as it pains me to say it, if I was the Warriors, I would stay in Oakland if they truly care about the team's atmosphere. The love affair of the Warriors will drastically change for the worse if they move to San Francisco. But of course they're chasing the corporate dollar....
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Feb 2, 2015 at 12:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone