LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 370 users in the forums

Sacramento Republic FC Thread

BOOM! MLS to Sactown! Who knew Sacramento was a soccer crazed city. MLS is visiting Sacramento on Thursday, September 18th to assess their bid at MLS. Private funding for a new downtown stadium is already in place. Great for the city and its been amazing to see Sac progress finally. Looking forward to a fun rivalry with San Jose. Links below provide more info.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/09/16/6712550/mls-executives-will-meet-team.html

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/09/17/6715747/sacramento-republic-fc-releases.html

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Looks pretty cool and I'd like to see it happen as well. Although I've never been a soccer guy I know Sacramento has a big soccer fan base and would do well here.
That will be sick if this happens. Been wanting them to do something in the rail yards for years. With this and the new entertainment complex, downtown is going to change drastically. I'm already pleased with the changes made so far, these 2 complexes would really tie everything together
Probably already know the answer, but there is no way this would be big enough to host a WC match, correct?
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Sep 17, 2014 at 11:41 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Love the name
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
That will be sick if this happens. Been wanting them to do something in the rail yards for years. With this and the new entertainment complex, downtown is going to change drastically. I'm already pleased with the changes made so far, these 2 complexes would really tie everything together
Probably already know the answer, but there is no way this would be big enough to host a WC match, correct?

I don't know if the WC thing has been discussed, although, I am assuming it wouldn't be big enough.

Sac Republic FC has the best attendance of any American soccer club so televised games will always look visually appealing.They are building a new stadium in California aka the most popular state in the USA, and already have IMO the best club logo in the MLS by far and are among the top 3 best kits. This is really good for soccer in America.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I don't know if the WC thing has been discussed, although, I am assuming it wouldn't be big enough.

In one of the articles you posted it said it was going to be a 20K seat stadium so I highly doubt it.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Looks pretty cool and I'd like to see it happen as well. Although I've never been a soccer guy I know Sacramento has a big soccer fan base and would do well here.

Sacremento Knights always had great attendance. One of the few teams to bring a championship to Sac.
[ Edited by 9erReign on Sep 18, 2014 at 11:35 AM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Muggins:

Sacremento Knights always had great attendance. One of the few teams to being a championship to Sac.

For sure. I went to a few of those games. Always was fun. Also went to some Sacramento Attack, Surge and Goldminers games back in the day.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Sacramento! Champions of MLS, and more importantly the 2014 NBA Summer League.
Niners investing in Sac's team: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/mls/article8604596.html

Earthquakes be hatin
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Are they even in the MLS?
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Are they even in the MLS?

Lol, no... not yet. They are fight Minneapolis for a spot.
  • dj43
Jed York said there are more 49er season ticket holders in Sacramento than San Francisco.

When I lived in Roseville it was apparent there were a lot of 49er fans heading west on I-80 every Sunday the 49ers were at home. I didn't think there were more from that area than SF.
Share 49ersWebzone