LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 259 users in the forums

***2014 March Madness Thread***

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Lawlz @ no ACC teams being left in the tournament except for Virginia.

Bad karma after Coach K ripped the A-10 and made the ACC sound so bad ass.

A lot of confidence between Duke, UNC, and Syracuse. I'm glad it's Virginia that's still left, a more humble fan base and a more deserving team.

Still, their time comes to an end this week too.

Yeah they've been a great story and a great team, but I don't see them beating MSU either.

can u guys see iowa st beating msu?
I can, i like that team
Lawlz @ no ACC teams being left in the tournament except for Virginia.

Bad karma after Coach K ripped the A-10 and made the ACC sound so bad ass.

A lot of confidence between Duke, UNC, and Syracuse. I'm glad it's Virginia that's still left, a more humble fan base and a more deserving team.

Still, their time comes to an end this week too.

Yeah they've been a great story and a great team, but I don't see them beating MSU either.

can u guys see iowa st beating msu?

Sure. I don't think it'll happen, especially after losing Niang two rounds ago, but it's March college basketball. Anything is possible.

The way I look at the tournament is that there is so much that can happen, so many variables. I essentially look at all the teams and look for: proven coaches (coaching matters so much at this level), number of NBA prospects on their roster, and number of Freshman/Sophomores vs. Juniors/Seniors on the team that get PT. I also strongly discredit mid-major schools (rightfully/wrongfully so). With that said, Michigan State is #1 on my list of team's that should win the ship (presuming they stay healthy) since they have everything I'm looking for.

Iowa State's a good team but I think they've peaked.
[ Edited by GameOver on Mar 24, 2014 at 11:00 AM ]
My bracket is such a mess, lol

Oh wells.

Hoping for some good games.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Wichita State was fugazi all year. Glad I can stop hearing about them now.

Meh. They are a good team. Kentucky is more talented and played their best game all year vs them.
Wichita State is overrated, They played s**tty teams all year, finally played a decent team and they lose, go figure

lol bull pooh. Kentucky took Florida (a #1 seed) all the way to the end in the SEC tourney. They were almost the SEC champs. What really happened was Wichita St was a really good team that played another really good team, one that shouldnt have been seeded so low, and lost. They didnt get blown out, they had the lead most of the game and lost at the end. But if it makes you feel better to act like they sucked, thats cool.

lol, I guess Kentucky is the best team now cuz they almost beat Florida. Never said Wichita St sucked, they werent as good as you people thought they were. Played inferior opponents all year, knew they wouldnt last in the tourney once they played real teams

Exactly. If they played a real schedule, they'd have a handful of losses and they'd be just another good team. No way were they ever the 2nd best team in the country. It's not like Tarkanian's UNLV teams that played a weak schedule and smoked everyone.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Wichita State was fugazi all year. Glad I can stop hearing about them now.

Meh. They are a good team. Kentucky is more talented and played their best game all year vs them.
Wichita State is overrated, They played s**tty teams all year, finally played a decent team and they lose, go figure

lol bull pooh. Kentucky took Florida (a #1 seed) all the way to the end in the SEC tourney. They were almost the SEC champs. What really happened was Wichita St was a really good team that played another really good team, one that shouldnt have been seeded so low, and lost. They didnt get blown out, they had the lead most of the game and lost at the end. But if it makes you feel better to act like they sucked, thats cool.

lol, I guess Kentucky is the best team now cuz they almost beat Florida. Never said Wichita St sucked, they werent as good as you people thought they were. Played inferior opponents all year, knew they wouldnt last in the tourney once they played real teams

Exactly. If they played a real schedule, they'd have a handful of losses and they'd be just another good team. No way were they ever the 2nd best team in the country. It's not like Tarkanian's UNLV teams that played a weak schedule and smoked everyone.

true. but i think you guys are misinterpreting the word overrated. in order to be 'overrated', the majority of people and media would have to believe that Wichita St would go pretty far in the tourney. Maybe its just me but I felt that more people thought Wichita State wouldn't go far because they played inferior teams (exactly how valrod felt). They were who we thought they were
true. but i think you guys are misinterpreting the word overrated. in order to be 'overrated', the majority of people and media would have to believe that Wichita St would go pretty far in the tourney. Maybe its just me but I felt that more people thought Wichita State wouldn't go far because they played inferior teams (exactly how valrod felt). They were who we thought they were

That's fair...I just thought they got a lot more publicity than better teams did. Maybe over-exposed is a more appropriate term.

That's fair...I just thought they got a lot more publicity than better teams did. Maybe over-exposed is a more appropriate term.

yeah, i shouldnt have said overrated
Kentucky plays like a 3-4 seed.

Ultimately how else do you seed an undefeated team?

I think if Kentucky beats Louisville you need view Wichitas loss differently.
great night of ball!!!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
great night of ball!!!

Yeah, UK, Louisville, Virginia & MSU were 4 of the Top 8 if not 6 teams remaining.

my bracket is in the 95th percentile on espn
Nick Johnson is a potatoe. 2 seconds is not a long time.
Take the f**king shot, man. lol
Go Wisconsin! Awesome to see Bo Ryan finally get to a Final Four.
Share 49ersWebzone