LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
It was a great move to trade Monta. This team needed to establish Curry as THE guy and get bigger in the backcourt. Monta was fun to watch but the Warriors were simply never going to win with him and Steph together.

Without a doubt.

Curry's ceiling isn't even established yet. If he stay's healthy, he's an All-NBA Second Team talent.
Originally posted by crzy:
http://www.nba.com/2013/news/08/15/monta-ellis-mavericks-makeover.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Monta Ellis says he had to do "60 percent of everything" in Golden State and Milwaukee.

Um....Monta....defense is 50% of the game, and so your math is wrong

I have a soft spot for Tay, but the guy has always done stuff to make me shake my head. Like when we drafted Curry and Tay said "I can't play with him".....jeez

It was a great move to trade Monta. This team needed to establish Curry as THE guy and get bigger in the backcourt. Monta was fun to watch but the Warriors were simply never going to win with him and Steph together.

this is true. too bad Monta has a huge ego and too much pride to be a sixth man.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but that is why I was shocked when the crowd booed Lacobs for trading him. That was ridiculous. It was chanting "we want Carr" level. All of my cousins are Warrior fans and were pissed off about that. I told them it was really smart move that would benefit the team. A lot of them were sleeping on Klay Thompson also... I think Marsh's comments about the bandwagon person resonate from the passion of Warrior fans. Passionate fanbase, but a lot of overreacton. I've heard a lot of Warrior fans say in the past, "I'm done with basketball." Cause they were pissed. Now, of course, they are super die hard and back on board.

Without a doubt.

Curry's ceiling isn't even established yet. If he stay's healthy, he's an All-NBA Second Team talent.

signing him to that 4 year 44 mill contract was such a great move, it was risky but it worked out well of us.
If they waited till the end of last season, he woulda easily been able to get a max contract
Originally posted by sacniner:

I know hindsight is 20/20, but that is why I was shocked when the crowd booed Lacobs for trading him. That was ridiculous. It was chanting "we want Carr" level. All of my cousins are Warrior fans and were pissed off about that. I told them it was really smart move that would benefit the team. A lot of them were sleeping on Klay Thompson also... I think Marsh's comments about the bandwagon person resonate from the passion of Warrior fans. Passionate fanbase, but a lot of overreacton. I've heard a lot of Warrior fans say in the past, "I'm done with basketball." Cause they were pissed. Now, of course, they are super die hard and back on board.

I think the booing stemmed from trading Monta for essentially, an injury prone center who had yet to see the court for the Warriors.combine that with the thought of Monta being our "best" player with no supporting cast. fans weren't used to a team without Monta.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

I think the booing stemmed from trading Monta for essentially, an injury prone center who had yet to see the court for the Warriors.combine that with the thought of Monta being our "best" player with no supporting cast. fans weren't used to a team without Monta.

You're right, and I understand that. Turned out to be great though...
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9574486/new-purchase-values-golden-state-warriors-800-million-source-says

we're worth MONEY, son
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

You're right, and I understand that. Turned out to be great though...
It's a good thing our tanking ended up working out for the best. if not it would've been a fail IMO. If we weren't able to get Harrison Barnes I think we'd all be pissed right now!
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for ChipDouglas510.
Originally posted by valrod33:
7th seed at best

We are Warriors fans, we will gladly take the 7th seed!
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Aug 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM ]
Originally posted by vrabbit:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9574486/new-purchase-values-golden-state-warriors-800-million-source-says

we're worth MONEY, son

and it will go up if they move to SF

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

we're worth MONEY, son

and it will go up if they move to SF

Wow. In just 3 years, the franchise's value has almost doubled. Increased by $250 million in the past 7 months alone.

[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 17, 2013 at 1:24 AM ]
Shows you how incompetent Cohan and Rowell were. Thank god we survived those clowns
I probably said that right after or during a loss. I always posted emotional knee-jerk reactions while watching the Warriors.

I feel you. Just felt like calling you out. It's good having more basketball minds around
http://instagram.com/p/dMz2bcN51F/

SINCE WHEN
Originally posted by YungAce:
http://instagram.com/p/dMz2bcN51F/

SINCE WHEN

They lowered the hoops for him
Share 49ersWebzone