LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 191 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

If Love does come here, he'll be on a max contract. That would be around $20M in comparison to Stephs $11M. Not saying, just saying.
looking at our salary cap right now and i LOL'd seeing how Nedovic makes more than Draymond. wow...
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
If Love does come here, he'll be on a max contract. That would be around $20M in comparison to Stephs $11M. Not saying, just saying.

David Lee will make 5M more than Steph next year. Just saying..
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
looking at our salary cap right now and i LOL'd seeing how Nedovic makes more than Draymond. wow...

Yep. Big difference between being a 1st rd pick and a 2nd rd pick. However, being a 2nd rounder actually is better for Draymond because he isnt locked in to a long term deal and will make big money much sooner.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:

David Lee will make 5M more than Steph next year. Just saying..

Don't remind me
Klay and Lee for Love and that b***h Shved

BOOM
Originally posted by valrod33:

BOOM

Go away

BOOM

Go away

Not until Love is gone and Klay is mine

BOOM

Go away

Not until Love is gone and Klay is mine
Love and Barnes straight up for Love and you will like it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Nevermind.
[ Edited by 4ML on May 20, 2014 at 2:37 PM ]

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'm sure they'd love to have Klay, but that's probably a dealbreaker if I'm Bob Myers. Klay is one of the best 2-way players in the game, and getting better. The goal should be to form a Big 3 of Curry-Klay-Love. Any proposed deal that doesn't make that happen should not be considered IMO.
It wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. I've give up Klay for KLove if he agrees to sign an extension here.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'm sure they'd love to have Klay, but that's probably a dealbreaker if I'm Bob Myers. Klay is one of the best 2-way players in the game, and getting better. The goal should be to form a Big 3 of Curry-Klay-Love. Any proposed deal that doesn't make that happen should not be considered IMO.
It wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. I've give up Klay for KLove if he agrees to sign an extension here.

Obviously you mean Klay and Lee because the salaries would have to match. I just cant move Klay in a deal like that. His improvement on defense was huge this past year in my opinion and because of that alone I would keep him.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Of course Lee would have to be included. We're not going to keep Love and Lee on the same roster.

Klay may be a solid two way SG. But 25 year old elite PF's don't come around often. I like Klay but there is no way I wouldn't move him to acquire KLove if he agreed to sign an extension.
it would not make complete financial sense to sign an extension to his current contract. The rules favor his letting it expire next summer and starting with a new deal. The same goes with any team Love would be traded to. This unquestionably limits his trade value because teams will be wary of trading for a player on the last year of his contract.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Of course Lee would have to be included. We're not going to keep Love and Lee on the same roster.

Klay may be a solid two way SG. But 25 year old elite PF's don't come around often. I like Klay but there is no way I wouldn't move him to acquire KLove if he agreed to sign an extension.

LOL elite my ass. A PF that can't defend is not elite. Unlike football, your defensive game is %50 of your overall game. I guess we will see Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin dunking on us next year and beyond.
[ Edited by kronik on May 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone