LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by vrabbit:
understanding that, make it Lee/Barknes/Draymond for Love then.

Deep inside I don't want to make this trade. Gut feeling says nah.

Not going to include Draymond in that deal. I'd pass. Lee and Barnes or Lee and Draymond makes sense but not all 3.
I like the idea of Lee + Barnes + #1 pick for Kevin Love (extended) for these reasons:

1. We are totally locked in with Bogut and Iggy based on contracts. No way Barnes is going to have substantial effect on current/future team. He's not a 6th man who can jump in cold and drop 17pts/8rebs in 15min a game, he needs to start to get in a rhythm to get his game going by 4th quarter.

2. Bogut is guaranteed for injury time around 15-20 games minimum. Love takes over the rebound/points Bogut would miss easily while Festus could keep the defense up. Also, let's not forget this would create a MONSTER 4/5 combo when Bogut is healthy.

3. Yes, by signing Love long term, we lose depth in making sure we can only choose Klay or Draymond to sign longterm, but we all know Klay is the more important player for us, who can put up 30pts and defend the best guard on the other team. As fun as Draymond is, Love is the better player and is a consistent All Star for a reason.

4. Adding Love and extending Klay will help GS keep Curry, especially after his pleas to keep Jackson as coach were left unheard. If we give his a strong team, Curry will WANT to stay, especially with the scariness of a Curry/Love pick n' roll

5. As much as everyone worries about depth, remember this, great players in the past/present/future will always sacrifice money for a chance at a title if they haven't gotten one (R. Lewis, C. Butler, K. Malone, G. Payton, the Big 3 (they all took less to get titles), Ray Allen, etc.). A team with Curry/Klay/Love/Bogut will have strong vets pouring in for a chance to get a title. Also, the incentive moving to San Francisco opens a higher interest in vets wanting to move and play for Warriors.

Overall, I don't think we need Love to stay successful, but if we want a chance at titles, we WILL need to get that one more star (Curry/Klay are there, Bogut isn't one) to become true contenders.
I would like to see the Warriors try to get Jermaine to come back for one more year. However, if he doesnt want to pplay anymore I would immediately put him on the staff as the 5th assistant. I truly believe hs has a lot to still give this team in one way or another.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would like to see the Warriors try to get Jermaine to come back for one more year. However, if he doesnt want to pplay anymore I would immediately put him on the staff as the 5th assistant. I truly believe hs has a lot to still give this team in one way or another.

I like the idea making him an assistant, he'd help our bigs a lot and would still have good rapport with current players coach wise.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
That would be a no brainer. Love Draymond but Klay's ability to shoot and defend makes him a guy you cant let walk in my opinion.

I think Klay is untouchable. Draymond? If he has to go then so be it.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
If I'm the Wolves GM Klay is the deal starter. They want a shooter next to Rubio.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Not sure if I want Love...

Yeah I am not sure either
lol, a top 5 talent (who can play at the post and the perimeter -- nightmare matchup for power forwards) is about to get traded to your team and you say no.

Alrighty then
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
lol, a top 5 talent (who can play at the post and the perimeter -- nightmare matchup for power forwards) is about to get traded to your team and you say no.

Alrighty then

Even if it means no more splash bros?
Originally posted by Hopper:
If I'm the Wolves GM Klay is the deal starter. They want a shooter next to Rubio.

I'm sure they'd love to have Klay, but that's probably a dealbreaker if I'm Bob Myers. Klay is one of the best 2-way players in the game, and getting better. The goal should be to form a Big 3 of Curry-Klay-Love. Any proposed deal that doesn't make that happen should not be considered IMO.

Alrighty then

He's not a Top 5 player. He's a guy whose skill set matches up nicely with the statistics that catch people's eyes.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Alrighty then

Even if it means no more splash bros?

IMHO, i think Love can be obtained without giving up Klay. Lee, Barnes, 1st round pick, and a roast beef sandwich should do it.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Alrighty then

He's not a Top 5 player. He's a guy whose skill set matches up nicely with the statistics that catch people's eyes.

Love has the 3rd best player rating behind LeBron and Durant on two different rankings. IMHO, if you are ranked right behind the two best players in the league you must be doing something right. Also, he has no help from his teammates and is the focus of most teams so he gets double teamed a lot.... And yet he's still able to put up good numbers every game.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings

Statistics aside, he's a perfect fit/compliment to the players that the team currently has. Its a win/win scenario if the front office is able to pull this off.
Love has the 3rd best player rating behind LeBron and Durant on two different rankings. IMHO, if you are ranked right behind the two best players in the league you must be doing something right. Also, he has no help from his teammates and is the focus of most teams so he gets double teamed a lot.... And yet he's still able to put up good numbers every game.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings

Statistics aside, he's a perfect fit/compliment to the players that the team currently has. Its a win/win scenario if the front office is able to pull this off.

He puts up spectacular numbers, I'd never say otherwise. Those numbers are meaningless though, including Hollinger's (who's about to get fired by Memphis) statistics. These aren't measuring the things that win games. I disagree that he gets doubled all that often.

The "he has no help" thing that people always say about him rings hollow. He's never even been on a .500 team in his 6 seasons in the league. I can't think of a single top player that you can say that about in NBA history. In fact, I can think of another Minnesota PF that had far worse surrounding talent than Love does, yet his teams were over .500 pretty much every year despite having guys like Wally Szczerbiak or Troy Hudson as the next best guy on the team. Pekovic, Rubio, Martin, & even Brewer are solid players.

I do think that he's a nice fit and you guys have the right "you better have defenders around them" setup next to Curry & Love, but he's definitely not a Top 5 player. Heck, he wouldn't even be the best player on the Warriors.
f**k Kevin Love. You can have him. He is gonna cry and complain and give up on so many plays for you guys cuz he isnt the only scoring option. I hate his face
Share 49ersWebzone