There are 258 users in the forums

2014 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

ALL-STAR REPLACEMENTS

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/2013071453738004/
  • jrg
  • Veteran
No clue how Melancon and Romo got in over Mujica
With the winner of THE NL FINAL VOTE not going, should the runner-up (Puig) been allowed to go instead of McCann?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Mujica replaces Wainwright
Originally posted by jrg:
Mujica replaces Wainwright

lol its like when a little kid throws a tantrum, and then stops crying when hes given the toy he wanted.

Way too many people cry and moan about snubs before the final replacements are announced.
Originally posted by robniner:
With the winner of THE NL FINAL VOTE not going, should the runner-up (Puig) been allowed to go instead of McCann?

Bochy already said he doesnt think Puig played enough to get in. The final vote was his only shot at making the team.

Puig is already showing signs of cooling off. If he can keep that kind of pace up for 3 months next year, then he will get in.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol its like when a little kid throws a tantrum, and then stops crying when hes given the toy he wanted.

Way too many people cry and moan about snubs before the final replacements are announced.

Lol what? So someone isn't allowed to be upset about the decisions. Mujica should have been in a long time ago..

What a joke. Lol

Lol what? So someone isn't allowed to be upset about the decisions. Mujica should have been in a long time ago..

What a joke. Lol

You at least have to wait until the replacements are announced before you complain. Every year people get all upset that their teams' guy didnt get picked, only to have them be selected a couple days later (Grant Balfour). A couple years ago McCutchen wasnt picked, and Pirates fans threw a tantrum, only to see McCutchen get picked to replace the first injured player days later.

Bochy already said he doesnt think Puig played enough to get in. The final vote was his only shot at making the team.

Puig is already showing signs of cooling off. If he can keep that kind of pace up for 3 months next year, then he will get in.

Give pitchers little time to figure Puig out and we'll see if he can adjust to adversity.

Give pitchers little time to figure Puig out and we'll see if he can adjust to adversity.

Puig is a special talent. He will have slumps like all hitters do but he is going to be a great player in MLB.

• jrg
  • Veteran

What a joke. Lol

You at least have to wait until the replacements are announced before you complain. Every year people get all upset that their teams' guy didnt get picked, only to have them be selected a couple days later (Grant Balfour). A couple years ago McCutchen wasnt picked, and Pirates fans threw a tantrum, only to see McCutchen get picked to replace the first injured player days later.

I see your point, I just think he should have been on the team initially...so seeing Romo and Melancon getting in and him STILL not in, was pretty frustrating.

2nd in the NL in saves. I'm just happy he is in now.
For those who miss the homerun derby contest tomorrow, you could always pick up a ticket for the Giants game for the Cincinnati double header. It looks like Barry Zito and Mike Kickham will be the two pitchers starting for the Giants for this doubleheader, therefore the Reds hitters will be having their very own homerun derby contest on that day.
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
For those who miss the homerun derby contest tomorrow, you could always pick up a ticket for the Giants game for the Cincinnati double header. It looks like Barry Zito and Mike Kickham will be the two pitchers starting for the Giants for this doubleheader, therefore the Reds hitters will be having their very own homerun derby contest on that day.

LOL. Sad but true

What a joke. Lol

I see your point, I just think he should have been on the team initially...so seeing Romo and Melancon getting in and him STILL not in, was pretty frustrating.

Bochy picked Romo to reward him for what he did last year as well as this year. I have no idea why Melancon got picked before Mujica though...
  • jrg
  • Veteran

What a joke. Lol

Bochy picked Romo to reward him for what he did last year as well as this year. I have no idea why Melancon got picked before Mujica though...

Ah s**t, my bad. Keep forgetting Bochy is manager.

Hopefully he has his lineup card right
Share 49ersWebzone