LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 188 users in the forums

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

I think the main factor to the series is that Pop may take the Heat coach to the classroom. Only way Heat win is if they dominate with superior athletes, but the Spurs have the pieces and have been there and done that. If the Heat lose LeBron's resume won't look to good with a 1-3 record in finals.
Heat in 4
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I think the main factor to the series is that Pop may take the Heat coach to the classroom. Only way Heat win is if they dominate with superior athletes, but the Spurs have the pieces and have been there and done that. If the Heat lose LeBron's resume won't look to good with a 1-3 record in finals.

The moves that Pop will make are going to make this thing interesting. I can't wait. I always underestimate the Spurs like many do. I think the Heat will probably win, but at this point it seems like a tossup. The last we saw the Spurs they swept a Memphis team that many people (including myself) chose to win the series. I'm looking forward to a great series that will go six or seven hopefully.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
First of all I think these playoffs are too damn long

Second of all, championship, blouses
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Why do they get two days rest? That is a legitimate rest. Playoff scheduling has always been dumb.

Finals starting date has been set for a while now. I remember seeing commercials for June 6th start during the 2nd game of conf. finals.
Heat in 6
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
The moves that Pop will make are going to make this thing interesting. I can't wait. I always underestimate the Spurs like many do. I think the Heat will probably win, but at this point it seems like a tossup. The last we saw the Spurs they swept a Memphis team that many people (including myself) chose to win the series. I'm looking forward to a great series that will go six or seven hopefully.

Yeup, Pop makes Spurs very dangerous. But, I don't fear the match-ups, like I did against the Pacers. Dealing with Duncan and Parker is going to be very very difficult. I like Kwahi and he is an under-rated defender. I know JC thinks Kwahi will slow down Lebron...but I don't see it. IMO, Lebron will have a huge series.

I believe most of the games will go down to the wire. Heat can go cold from 3 and still win games, I don't think Spurs can...and that can be the deciding factor in a close series.
This gon b guud
This gon b guud
Originally posted by robniner:

I will make sure the Heat win this series.

http://www.heavy.com/news/2012/10/why-nba-fans-hate-david-stern-nba-commissioner-steps-down/

I will make sure the Heat win this series.

http://www.heavy.com/news/2012/10/why-nba-fans-hate-david-stern-nba-commissioner-steps-down/

Not looking good for the Spurs

Former NBA ref, Tim Donaghy wrote in his
book:
"As soon as the referees for the game were chosen,
the rest of us [other NBA refs] knew immediately
there would be a Game 7."

In an article the the Daily Beast , Donaghy was asked
to elaborate. He told them that:
"Bavetta (an NBA ref who reffed game 6) would
always say he was the NBA's ‘go to guy' and he
would always help make the series go another game
… he said [this] to me before the game in L.A."

Pretty obvious Stern wants to go out on top.
Trolls gonna troll.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Trolls gonna troll.

Not if I can help it.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Spurs in 3
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by sacniner:

Yeup, Pop makes Spurs very dangerous. But, I don't fear the match-ups, like I did against the Pacers. Dealing with Duncan and Parker is going to be very very difficult. I like Kwahi and he is an under-rated defender. I know JC thinks Kwahi will slow down Lebron...but I don't see it. IMO, Lebron will have a huge series.

I believe most of the games will go down to the wire. Heat can go cold from 3 and still win games, I don't think Spurs can...and that can be the deciding factor in a close series.

San Antonio is interesting because they pose different problems for Miami. The biggest advantage that the Heat had over Indy, IMO, is their ability to ball pressure and either force turnovers, or difficult shots late in the shot clock. Indiana's one of the worst passing teams in the league, and San Antonio's one of the best. Miami also likes to trap the pick & roll, and that could be a problem for them. Duncan is like Hibbert (who averaged 1.16 PPP as the PnR man in the ECFs, which is a great number) in that he has great hands and body control coming off of the pick & roll. But there's a world of difference between George Hill or Paul George coming off of the PnR & Tony Parker or (to a lesser extent) Manu Ginobili doing so. Parker's one of the Top 3 PnR guards in the game, and if Miami covers the PnR the way that they did against Indy I think SA has a field day against it. The Spurs also won't turn the ball over nearly as much as Indy did.

The key to the series, IMO, is the Danny Green/Manu vs. Wade matchup. Miami loses this series if Wade plays the way he did in the ECFs.

The Spurs are playing better than the Heat are right now, so they certainly have a chance, but ultimately I think there's only one elite team in the playoffs this year after Westbrook went down, and I think Miami wins it in 6.
Share 49ersWebzone