LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 305 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers ECF Series Thread

Reggie Miller making some killer comments, when LeBron went into the stands landing on Shaq's lap, Miller says that Shaq's should've given him support when they played together in Cleveland. Another time when LeBron is the only offensive threat Miller calls them the Miami Cavaleirs.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Roy Hibbert faces discipline after rant:

Hibbert ended a response to a question about his defense on LeBron James with "no homo."

Hibbert was later asked why he finished so low in voting for Defensive Player of the Year. "Y'all m------------- don't watch us play throughout the year to tell you the truth," Hibbert said. "So that's fine. I'm going to be real with you, and I don't care if I get fined. We play and we're not on TV all of the time and reporters are the ones that are voting and it is what it is. And I don't make it, that's fine. I'm still going to do what I have to do."

Hopefully by "discipline" they mean fine and not suspension. That would be pretty ridiculous.

Linkage: http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9333753/2013-nba-playoffs-roy-hibbert-indiana-pacers-uses-gay-slur-profanity-game-6

Apparently "no homo" is a gay slur now.
I loved hibberts comments about the defense thing
Originally posted by DVDA:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Roy Hibbert faces discipline after rant:

Hibbert ended a response to a question about his defense on LeBron James with "no homo."

Hibbert was later asked why he finished so low in voting for Defensive Player of the Year. "Y'all m------------- don't watch us play throughout the year to tell you the truth," Hibbert said. "So that's fine. I'm going to be real with you, and I don't care if I get fined. We play and we're not on TV all of the time and reporters are the ones that are voting and it is what it is. And I don't make it, that's fine. I'm still going to do what I have to do."

Hopefully by "discipline" they mean fine and not suspension. That would be pretty ridiculous.

Linkage: http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9333753/2013-nba-playoffs-roy-hibbert-indiana-pacers-uses-gay-slur-profanity-game-6

Apparently "no homo" is a gay slur now.

Was just about to say this WTF is wrong with people today?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I give Bosh more of a pass than Wade.

The media keeps milking this bone bruise injury but it's clear that Wade is just completely out of rhythm and has zero confidence in his ability right now. He's playing way too passively and the few times he does decide to drive, he takes wild shots.

The first few sequences of the game were a clear attempt to get he and Bosh going and nothing came of it. When the offense runs through him, there's absolutely zero rhythm.

Bosh really isn't being used offensively much. I really think when he faces up he's gotta find better looks than just those jumpers.

This is definitely starting to look like the Cavs.

I feel completely opposite of this. Bosh looks completely lost on both ends of the floor. In fact, I'll go ahead and say that his struggles on the defensive end is the single biggest reason why he can't hit open jumpers (which he has been hitting all season long). Not only he is not able to rebound over Hibbert and David West, he isn't able to block out his man. His guy is often the one gettin' the offensive rebound. Bosh isn't injured, he has no excuse whatsoever. He needs to forget what's happening on defense and contribute on offense. When you shoot 1-8, you're not going to get more shots in that offense. He's getting good shots, just needs to knock them down like has been all season long.

Wade, on the other hand, looks completely out of sync on offense but is playing pretty good defense. I'd like Wade to become more of a play-maker than a scorer at this point, unless his jumper is on. The guy is pretty active on defense, so I don't think he is playing passively. He is hurt and therefore isn't able to beat his man to the paint.

I'm always nervous about game 7s. Anyone can win 'em...and if Miami doesn't attack the rim for 4 quarters, they'll get kicked out of the playoffs. They need to attack when Hibbert is in the game. If he collapse to protect the rim, the ball needs to be kicked out to the open guy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Originally posted by vaden:
Sad, 29 and already in decline. They'll still get their 2nd championship but I expect LeBron to high tail it out of Miami ASAP. Either that or Pat Reilly will have to bring in an actual superstar to help LeBron.

But he's been in the league for ten years. He's an old 29yrs old. He's due for a decline.

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Sacramento Kings next for King James?

nvr. happen. evr.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Hibbert fined 75K
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Sacramento Kings next for King James?

If he goes to any California team it will be to the Warriors.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by jrg:
Hibbert fined 75K

For no homo???

yeah

Lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by jrg:
Hibbert fined 75K

For no homo???

He also said "motherf**kers" in that interview. Still, that's excessive. NBA has gone too far all season with fines and suspensions.
Originally posted by GameOver:

He's taken this s**t to an absurd level. God, I hope they lose.
Dwyane Wade wasn't quite as forthcoming when it came to blame.

"We've got to do a better job, all of us, helping get each other involved in the game," he said moments before Bosh spoke in a funereal Miami Heat locker room. "We've got to do a better job of making sure me and Chris can have opportunities to succeed." Wade, after shooting 3 of 11 for 10 points, did look elsewhere, suggesting he has been marginalized in the Heat's offense, on a night when defense and rebounding were equally decisive factors. "We've got to try to figure it out in this locker room," he said, "and not leave it to an individual to self-will it."
Share 49ersWebzone