LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

High School Football

Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Lol how do school districts allow that to happen? I mean you can say they lie about it but they don't enforce that kind of stuff or what?

De La Salle is a private school. So they go to middle school football games (before the kids enter high school) and offer them a full scholership to their private school to play football.

I'm not really sure how to police that
S

So it is legal then?

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Isnt de la salle the best high school program in Cali? I unno, i heard very good things about them. I don't follow HS football.

They are one of the best in the country. A football factory. They recruit kids to go there soley for football (even though they will lie about that). Folsom is really good this year though. Their offense is prolific, but it would be a pretty major upset. You're in Sac right? They are playing the game at Sac State if you don't got s**t to do. Tickets are cheap.

Yeah I hate De La Salle. My hometown Antioch could have some really good football teams, but De La Salle steals all our players. Like MJD....

Lol how do school districts allow that to happen? I mean you can say they lie about it but they don't enforce that kind of stuff or what?

i thought they allowed de la salle to do it, but they're not allowed to participate in state championships? or at least that's how it was explained to me.....

That's pretty weird if that's true.

De La Salle, like other private schools, makes the kids write a letter or something stating that they are going to school for the educaiton and not athletics. Even though everyone knows its crap. Its basically a loophole. De La Salle is allowed to play in all state championship games.

De La Salle is a private school. So they go to middle school football games (before the kids enter high school) and offer them a full scholership to their private school to play football.

I'm not really sure how to police that
S

So it is legal then?

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Isnt de la salle the best high school program in Cali? I unno, i heard very good things about them. I don't follow HS football.

They are one of the best in the country. A football factory. They recruit kids to go there soley for football (even though they will lie about that). Folsom is really good this year though. Their offense is prolific, but it would be a pretty major upset. You're in Sac right? They are playing the game at Sac State if you don't got s**t to do. Tickets are cheap.

Yeah I hate De La Salle. My hometown Antioch could have some really good football teams, but De La Salle steals all our players. Like MJD....

i thought they allowed de la salle to do it, but they're not allowed to participate in state championships? or at least that's how it was explained to me.....

That's pretty weird if that's true.

De La Salle, like other private schools, makes the kids write a letter or something stating that they are going to school for the educaiton and not athletics. Even though everyone knows its crap. Its basically a loophole. De La Salle is allowed to play in all state championship games.

thanks
Originally posted by marshniners24:
LONG LIVE NEVADA UNION FOOTBALL

They USED to be a powerhouse, but that coach with the overblown ego has outstayed his welcome. He needs to go.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
LONG LIVE NEVADA UNION FOOTBALL

They USED to be a powerhouse, but that coach with the overblown ego has outstayed his welcome. He needs to go.

Yea for sure. My bro in law came on as the offensive coordinator this offseason. He was at Rocklin when the had jimmy at QB that went to Boise st. But yes lots of complaining from him about the head coach Dave Humphers. He use to be a genious but the program has gone down hill.
Originally posted by stunder49:

Lol Antioch

lol we shut out Antioch multiple times when I played for Monte Vista
Originally posted by Zachary:
Last year my Vaca Bulldogs beat Folsom

That was LAST year man

GO BULLDOGS

- side note.

In 2008, I was a freshman. But our team won sections and it was against Merced. Who's team was the Bulldogs.. and their colors were orange and black like ours. So their signs said "GO BULLDOGS" in orange.. on black background. Just was kind of funny lol.

We won by 1, because they went for 2 (with no time left) and they didnt get it. Crazaaayyy game. Now Josh Kaddu and Zack Nash are in the NFL from that team. Terrance Daily would have made it, if he didn't mess up in college and get kicked out.
[ Edited by Zachary on Dec 7, 2012 at 3:03 AM ]
They don't recruit kids. I went to de la salle and trust me we do not recruit kids, the majority of the kids are dedicated to the program because it helps build brotherhood amongst themselves and peers. Some kids who attend DLS are from households who's parents didn't want to be at public schools around their area like Richmond, Pittsburg, Antioch, so that they can get a better education and grow to become men. Im from Antioch and it was my choice to go to De La Salle i played Soccer all 4 years and jv football one year. JV football took alot of dedication and introduced you to be apart of the family, coaches taught you to be a family and to play as a team. Coaches didn't care if you were a superstar in the making, if you didn't buy the philosophy you were cut from the team, and many kids transferred cause of it who were real good players. For JV I'd have wake up at 4am for practice at 630 and stay until 5pm for film and practice. We haven't produced a D-1 athlete superstar since Maurice Jones Drew and TJ Ward didn't even start all 4 year at DLS but he worked hard and then Walked on at Oregon.
So don't say non sense and hate unless you get the facts right
Originally posted by skillzdatkillz90:
They don't recruit kids. I went to de la salle and trust me we do not recruit kids, the majority of the kids are dedicated to the program because it helps build brotherhood amongst themselves and peers. Some kids who attend DLS are from households who's parents didn't want to be at public schools around their area like Richmond, Pittsburg, Antioch, so that they can get a better education and grow to become men. Im from Antioch and it was my choice to go to De La Salle i played Soccer all 4 years and jv football one year. JV football took alot of dedication and introduced you to be apart of the family, coaches taught you to be a family and to play as a team. Coaches didn't care if you were a superstar in the making, if you didn't buy the philosophy you were cut from the team, and many kids transferred cause of it who were real good players. For JV I'd have wake up at 4am for practice at 630 and stay until 5pm for film and practice. We haven't produced a D-1 athlete superstar since Maurice Jones Drew and TJ Ward didn't even start all 4 year at DLS but he worked hard and then Walked on at Oregon.

I'm not doubting anything you are saying. And not hating at all. But, they do recruit. Maybe it's not publicized to the students. And there are many schools like that. Even Moreau high school in Hayward recruits and their team isn't that good. It happens in the top private high school football programs. On the other side of that though, many kids that are good in football want to play there because of the exposure so there may not be a need to actually "recruit" some of the top kids.

But, the coaching there is unbelievable. And I've heard many times they build the "family" type atmosphere. Their coach is phenomenal. Most of their kids aren't DI recruits, but they still dominate.

I know they recurited MJD, I was in the same grade as MJD and went to the same schools (Jack London Elementary and then Black Diamond Middle). They may not recruit every player, but they definately recruit some. I wasn't his buddy, but I knew him.

Originally posted by TheRambler:
lol we shut out Antioch multiple times when I played for Monte Vista

Well I moved in highschool to The Woodlands TX who has one of the top football programs in Texas, that would SMASH Monte Vista. Thats why I can claim I went to school with and knew MJD and Danny Amendola But I didn't play for them, I was too busy with other sports.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Go Folsom! I'll be pulling for the upset. Bump this thread on Saturday so I remember to watch.

I was in Folsom when they played Grant on ESPN a while back. Was pretty cool to see.

Edit: Wanted to clarify, I wasn't at that game but I drove thru right around game time.
[ Edited by Muggins on Dec 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM ]

I graduated from Folsom in 2004. Wish I could be at This game!
[ Edited by notsoempty86 on Dec 8, 2012 at 6:30 AM ]
The ignorance in this thread is astounding.

Good post. It will always be the same story from people on the outside.
lol, DLS recruits. Saying they don't is bigger BS than saying college players don't get paid. I know they do, bc they would try and recruit players from our team. We had a meeting one offseason about getting "the call" from DLS.
So who wonnnnnn
Share 49ersWebzone