There are 166 users in the forums

High School Football

Originally posted by TheRambler:
lol, DLS recruits. Saying they don't is bigger BS than saying college players don't get paid. I know they do, bc they would try and recruit players from our team. We had a meeting one offseason about getting "the call" from DLS.

Provide one concrete example. They have been investigated multiple times. Always some guy claiming to know some guy who was recruited without having any actual hard evidence.

Nobody gets full scholarships to the school. They don't scout middle school athletes.

The bottom line is the school recruits for itself. When you have a good athletic and academic record for 20+ years parents want to send their talented kids there. They also benefit from having no district limitations in who can enroll.

If you've ever seen a good De La Salle team play you would know they win not because they have college talent but because of their execution and precision. Especially on their offensive line. Their lines DOMINATE on a yearly basis, and they do this with kids that are outweighed by other top teams. Who the hell would recruit 220 lb linemen (which is around what their line averages yearly)? They run a simple scheme and they run it as well as a HS could. They have a dedicated program that you don't see emulated by many other HS, especially in this area.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
lol, DLS recruits. Saying they don't is bigger BS than saying college players don't get paid. I know they do, bc they would try and recruit players from our team. We had a meeting one offseason about getting "the call" from DLS.

Alot of the players didn't even play competitve football until they got to DLS and ended up being good players in HS but didn't get recruited since they were too short or fast enough for the college level. It's annoying hearing about us recruiting since we have been investigated and not once had there been proof or evidence l. It's just a bunch of b.s. created by coaches to get rid of DLS from playing them knowing they can't beat their gameplan.
Like I said alot of kids chose DLS for the environment and how the program is run, there was a basketball recruit who was top 25 in the nation Hollis Thompson who came in year or 2 after I graduated from Loyola, he attended one semester and tranferred out to Atlanta , GA because he didn't like the philosophy of the Princeton offense and how the coach would bench him because he was selfish at times ad the coach doesn't take bs like that. It's all about discipline and if you buy into it you'll be successful in sports and outside of it as well.

DLS is gonna destroy Folsom like they are now
Pretty good read... MJD, DJ Williams.. Cam Colvin lol

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7001261/top-15-players-de-la-salle
[ Edited by Zachary on Dec 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM ]
De La Salle killed Folsom.... Not making excuses, obviously DLS is a lot better, but their constant false start strategy on the o line that never gets called is BS.

The guy defending DLS cause he went there, give me a break. The school recruits itself, but do you think a program can consistently be in the upper echelon in the entire country and never "recruit" anybody? Its basically legal because there are loopholes to do it. Again, a lot of schools do it. Another East Bay example I brought up earlier in the thread is Mareau in Hayward. I know for an absolute fact they recruit and they aren't even that good. Also, as you brought up, they aren't limited to the district in regards to enrollment. HUGE advantage obviously. I will always cheer for a public school cause they will always be in a disadvantage.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
De La Salle is a private school. So they go to middle school football games (before the kids enter high school) and offer them a full scholership to their private school to play football.

I'm not really sure how to police that
High Schools don't give out scholarships, that's a college
De La Salle is down the street from my house lol.
Graduated High school last year, but not at DLS.

Had some boys who played football there last year.

That school belongs in Texas lol
granite bay defeats long beach poly for div 1 title.

de la salle vs corona cent. tonight at 8
Attended DeWitt Clinton HS in the Bronx back in the early sixties. In 1964 the team went undefeated, un-tied, un-scored upon for the season. They would have pep rallies every Monday after the past game. This one game we won17-0 and the coach and the players get up to speak and apologize for the teams poor result. Something I'll never forget.
De La Salle doesn't need to recruit, their name speaks for itself. If I were a promising youth football player anywhere in the east bay I would want to go to De La Salle. National exposure, good coaches, chance for college recruiters watching your game.
Originally posted by AC49er:
De La Salle doesn't need to recruit, their name speaks for itself. If I were a promising youth football player anywhere in the east bay I would want to go to De La Salle. National exposure, good coaches, chance for college recruiters watching your game.

Top Bay Area Prospects this year are:
LB Hutchings - De La Salle - USC
WR Daniels - Freedom (Oakley) - Washington
DE Hooper - De La Salle
QB Goff - Marin Catholic - Cal
LB Egu - De La Salle - Cal
LB Moffitt - De La Salle
RB Thompson - Concord - Wash St
DT Reynolds - Pinole
CB King - Bishop O'Dowd (Oakland) - Washington

This thread has been buried since December of 2012 - time for it to be reborn, kinda'

Featuring the World's Top High School Players

NOTE:
Former [DeForest Bucker] and present-day 49er
[Talanoa Hufanga] have been affiliated with the game

The 2023 version of the Polynesian Bowl will be played on:
When: Friday 20 January 2023
Where: O`ahu, Hawai`i
Venue: Kūniuākea Stadium
Time: 4:00 PM (HT), 6:00 PM PST, 9:00 EST, and 02:00 GMT
Broadcast: NFL Network
Committed Players
Social: Facebook Instagram Twitter