49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 596 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by jrg:
Neither Gordon or Harden are worth max deals.

I think max deals should be given to superstarslike LeBron, Howard, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Durant, etc
Not Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon, and James Harden

but like I said.. its just the way it works, players like Brook Lopez who averaged 5 rebounds a game the last time he was healthy gets 16 mill a year

100% desperation from teams. Players take advantage of them. Owners need to stand up and say GTFO. James Harden averages 16.8 PPG. Those stats aren't THAT hard to find/replace.

Ironic post is ironic
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jrg:
Neither Gordon or Harden are worth max deals.

Harden is 23, 6'5" and a legit scorer he is worth a max deal

Career average of 12.7 PPG

That is a legit scorer now?

I can't deny that Harden is a really good scorer but I still don't think he's worth a max deal

The guy disappeared in the finals last season. No way he can carry an NBA team, he did it in college but I dont think he can do that in the NBA
Good player sure, but I don't think he's worth 60 million dollars
this...


max deal guys don't disappear in the biggest stages. IMO

If you're saying that, then what about LeBron James in 2011 finals?
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Adrian Wojnarowski
Houston plans to give James Harden a four year, $60 million extension once deal is completed, league sources tell Y! Sports.
(https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/262392446799994881)

Would rather have Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and 2 first round picks, one which belongs to the Raptors than pay Harden 60 mill

Kinda funny that the Thunder got more from trading Harden than the Magic got from trading Dwight Howard. Value of Harden compared to Dwight isn't even close


so true
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 166,549
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by jrg:
Neither Gordon or Harden are worth max deals.

I think max deals should be given to superstarslike LeBron, Howard, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Durant, etc
Not Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon, and James Harden

but like I said.. its just the way it works, players like Brook Lopez who averaged 5 rebounds a game the last time he was healthy gets 16 mill a year

100% desperation from teams. Players take advantage of them. Owners need to stand up and say GTFO. James Harden averages 16.8 PPG. Those stats aren't THAT hard to find/replace.

Ironic post is ironic

Rashard Lewis reference? I never agreed on that deal if that's what you were getting at.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I agree. I think this trade guaranteed the NBA Finals. Lakers-Heat is a foregone conclusion now,

Nothing is a foregone conclusion, what if Lebron shreds his knee or Howard never really looks like pre-back surgery Howard
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,673
Rockets
I went through every teams roster and I have concluded that the Bobcats, Magic and Raptors are gonna suck ass this year HORD
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I went through every teams roster and I have concluded that the Bobcats, Magic and Raptors are gonna suck ass this year HORD

The raptors are gonna be good. Possible 8th seed IMO.
Lowry is a very good PG. Derozan is improved also is Ed Davis. Their forgein center is coming over to pair next to Bargani and then the dude they drafted is pretty talented. I think they'll surprise some people.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I went through every teams roster and I have concluded that the Bobcats, Magic and Raptors are gonna suck ass this year HORD

The raptors are gonna be good. Possible 8th seed IMO.
Lowry is a very good PG. Derozan is improved also is Ed Davis. Their forgein center is coming over to pair next to Bargani and then the dude they drafted is pretty talented. I think they'll surprise some people.
Canada bro. enough said
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
The idea that Harden is worth a max contract is laughable.
I have a friend who I just found out consults for Sam Presti, and was involved in the Harden trade. He said that they had a number that they were willing to pay Harden, and weren't going to go beyond that. They also felt that since Durant, Westbrook, & Ibaka took a little less to stay in OKC, Harden should as well if he wanted to be a part of what they were doing. That deal with Houston's been on the table for months, apparently, which is why it got done only a few hours after Harden turned down the extension.

He also said that they looked into Dwight this offseason, but got clear signals that he didn't want to be there. Presti doesn't believe in keeping guys around that don't want to be there, regardless of how good they are. I can respect that philosophy.


Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jrg:
Neither Gordon or Harden are worth max deals.

Harden is 23, 6'5" and a legit scorer he is worth a max deal

Career average of 12.7 PPG

That is a legit scorer now?

I can't deny that Harden is a really good scorer but I still don't think he's worth a max deal

The guy disappeared in the finals last season. No way he can carry an NBA team, he did it in college but I dont think he can do that in the NBA
Good player sure, but I don't think he's worth 60 million dollars
this...


max deal guys don't disappear in the biggest stages. IMO

If you're saying that, then what about LeBron James in 2011 finals?

I'm not a LeBron fan... But really lets be real here Harden and LeBron are not even comparable....

I mean Harden is an under sized 2 guard while LeBron can play 4 different positions all at an All Star level or better.
As for the finals part, your right about him disappearing in 2011 finals, but for what he does during the regular season its soooo SOOO much better then Harden.

That being said IF Harden balls up this season and does something crazy like 28 pts, 7 asts, and like 1.5 stls a game they maybe he is worth a max deal...
[ Edited by bleeds9ersredandgold on Oct 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:


Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jrg:
Neither Gordon or Harden are worth max deals.

Harden is 23, 6'5" and a legit scorer he is worth a max deal

Career average of 12.7 PPG

That is a legit scorer now?

I can't deny that Harden is a really good scorer but I still don't think he's worth a max deal

The guy disappeared in the finals last season. No way he can carry an NBA team, he did it in college but I dont think he can do that in the NBA
Good player sure, but I don't think he's worth 60 million dollars
this...


max deal guys don't disappear in the biggest stages. IMO

If you're saying that, then what about LeBron James in 2011 finals?

I'm not a LeBron fan... But really lets be real here Harden and LeBron are not even comparable....

I mean Harden is an under sized 2 guard while LeBron can play 4 different positions all at an All Star level or better.
As for the finals part, your right about him disappearing in 2011 finals, but for what he does during the regular season its soooo SOOO much better then Harden.

That being said IF Harden balls up this season and does something crazy like 28 pts, 7 asts, and like 1.5 stls a game they maybe he is worth a max deal...

Ya I just ignored that post cause its ridiculous to compare Harden to LeBron lol
Comparing aguably the best player in the league that year that could end up being the best player of his time vs a guy who comes off the bench and scores 16 points a game lol
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I have a friend who I just found out consults for Sam Presti, and was involved in the Harden trade. He said that they had a number that they were willing to pay Harden, and weren't going to go beyond that. They also felt that since Durant, Westbrook, & Ibaka took a little less to stay in OKC, Harden should as well if he wanted to be a part of what they were doing. That deal with Houston's been on the table for months, apparently, which is why it got done only a few hours after Harden turned down the extension.

He also said that they looked into Dwight this offseason, but got clear signals that he didn't want to be there. Presti doesn't believe in keeping guys around that don't want to be there, regardless of how good they are. I can respect that philosophy.

holy s**t.. imagine Durant, Westbrook, and Dwight Howard
I wonder what the deal would've been. Probably Harden and Perkins to a different team in a 3 team deal? And the Magic get a boat load of picks like they did with the real trade.

But I'm not surprised that Dwight wouldn't want to go there. He seems a guy that loves to play in big markets like LA/NY.
And I agree with your last point.. If someone doesn't want to be a part of one of the best teams for the next 5+ years they can gtfo
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
OKC is so fortunate to have a GM like Presti.

That guy knows how to run a small market franchise in a league that gives every benefit possible to the big market franchises.

Of course, it all started with luck though (landing Kevin Durant).

But Otis Smith (possibly the worst general manager in NBA history) has shown exactly how luck is insufficient when it comes to building a contender after landing an elite player.

The Magic landed the best center in the league of watered down centers and just made stupid mistake after stupid mistake. Rashard Lewis. Wow.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone