LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Just because I know many of you don't visit the Magic thread...

Thoughts on McLemore to the Magic? I keep hearing he isn't a great fit and I just don't understand. Their biggest need is PG, but I don't think they'd take Trey Burke at 2. We kinda have a log jam at SG/SF/PF right now with Afflalo, Harkless, Harris, Nicholson.

Afflalo can play SG/SF
Harkless can play SG/SF
Harris SF/PF
Nicholson PF

I personally wish they'd just trade Afflalo and roll with Nelson/McLemore/Harkless/Harris/Vucevic

Pete, crzy, others...thoughts? I really hope they get the St. Louis kid McLemore..remember reading about this guy on St. Louis websites..the dude gets compared to Ray Allen. Regardless, the Magic have something special going
[ Edited by jrg on May 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:

Thoughts on McLemore to the Magic? I keep hearing he isn't a great fit and I just don't understand. Their biggest need is PG, but I don't think they'd take Trey Burke at 2. We kinda have a log jam at SG/SF/PF right now with Afflalo, Harkless, Harris, Nicholson.

Afflalo can play SG/SF
Harkless can play SG/SF
Harris SF/PF
Nicholson PF

I personally wish they'd just trade Afflalo and roll with Nelson/McLemore/Harkless/Harris/Vucevic

Pete, crzy, others...thoughts? I really hope they get the St. Louis kid McLemore

If I read your GMs approach correctly, he's not going to be worried about about fit at this point in time. You worry about fit once your core is in place, and with cheaper players, but in Orlando's position you just draft BPA. You guys are about to start Year 2 of about a 4 year rebuild. McLemore reminds me a bit of a young Jason Richardson. He needs to improve his ball handling, but he's a helluva shooter and great in transition. He'd be a good pickup for Orlando.

That said, I've read that Cleveland is shopping the #1 pick, so he might not be available if a trade is made an another team likes him.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I thought that kid was dying that's why I thought he was there

LMAO!

Same here. It went from me thinking he was dying to him being mentally disabled in some way. Then he was boasting about the first pick and I figured he was just a joto
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Stumbled across this 30 for 30 on Reggie Miller. They were showing clips of when reggie's pacers lost in the ECF to the knicks. Saw about 5 things in the short few scenes I saw that would get players T'd up or tossed in today's game. lol

Was thinking the same thing when I was watching that. People would be suspended for games for some of the stuff they did back then
And most of the 4th quarter fouls would have been flagrants.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Afflalo can play SG/SF
Harkless can play SG/SF
Harris SF/PF
Nicholson PF

Pete, crzy, others...thoughts? I really hope they get the St. Louis kid McLemore

If I read your GMs approach correctly, he's not going to be worried about about fit at this point in time. You worry about fit once your core is in place, and with cheaper players, but in Orlando's position you just draft BPA. You guys are about to start Year 2 of about a 4 year rebuild. McLemore reminds me a bit of a young Jason Richardson. He needs to improve his ball handling, but he's a helluva shooter and great in transition. He'd be a good pickup for Orlando.

That said, I've read that Cleveland is shopping the #1 pick, so he might not be available if a trade is made an another team likes him.

Gotcha. Yeah I've heard Ray Allen and Jason Richardson. Amazing jump shot. I do think Orlando has a core group of guys w/ Vucevic, Harkless, Harris, Nicholson..have an older, but still serviceable PG. I think McLemore would be nice.

Unless they just don't feel confident in Noel, I have no clue why they'd trade. They have a solid back court w/ Irving/Waiters
Gotcha. Yeah I've heard Ray Allen and Jason Richardson. Amazing jump shot. I do think Orlando has a core group of guys w/ Vucevic, Harkless, Harris, Nicholson..have an older, but still serviceable PG. I think McLemore would be nice.

Unless they just don't feel confident in Noel, I have no clue why they'd trade. They have a solid back court w/ Irving/Waiters

1) They're not in love with the #1 picks available this year.
2) For some reason they still have faith in Tristan Thompson
3) They want a contributing veteran and want to contend for a playoff spot ASAP.
4) They're the dumbass Cavs.

Orlando has some nice, young talent, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if a couple of them were moved in the next couple of years. Josh whatshisface is in asset acquisition mode right now and will be for the next 2 years, IMO.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

1) They're not in love with the #1 picks available this year.
2) For some reason they still have faith in Tristan Thompson
3) They want a contributing veteran and want to contend for a playoff spot ASAP.
4) They're the dumbass Cavs.

Orlando has some nice, young talent, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if a couple of them were moved in the next couple of years. Josh whatshisface is in asset acquisition mode right now and will be for the next 2 years, IMO.

Yeah, Cavaliers don't make sense. I'd draft Noel in a heart beat.

Josh Whatshisface? Are you referring to Rob Hennigan? Magic GM? I could maybe see some guys from Orlando be moved if they can get higher picks in 2014 (much better draft)

Josh Whatshisface? Are you referring to Rob Hennigan? Magic GM? I could maybe see some guys from Orlando be moved if they can get higher picks in 2014 (much better draft)

yes
  • jrg
  • Veteran

yes

Close enough
Timmay getting a divorce

http://www.expressnews.com/news/local_news/article/Divorce-documents-point-to-Duncans-4544911.php?t=bf7834ef38ebaa2aab

And I didn't think Duncan had an angry bone in his body

• 4ML
  • Veteran
@ OKC gettin' burned on the Harden trade. Kevin Martin is meh, Lamb is and they landed the 12th pick in one of the worst drafts in recent memory. LOL

They better hit big on that 12th pick, otherwise it would have to go down as one of the worst trades in recent memory.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
@ OKC gettin' burned on the Harden trade. Kevin Martin is meh, Lamb is and they landed the 12th pick in one of the worst drafts in recent memory. LOL

They better hit big on that 12th pick, otherwise it would have to go down as one of the worst trades in recent memory.

Only chance it was anywhere near worth it was if they got #3
High School prospect Isaiah Bailey, not above pushing his teammate down like a b***h to get his dunk on. lol

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
High School prospect Isaiah Bailey, not above pushing his teammate down like a b***h to get his dunk on. lol

loool
great time for canadian ball players coming up, olynyk from gonzaga, bennett from unlv and the big prize of 2014 andrew wiggins. gonna have a tight canadian team in a few years.
Share 49ersWebzone