LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Can't wait for basketball

Lakers vs Jazz from the Honda Center at 7:00!!!

Tell me about Reeves Nelson, Pete.

This I've got it on in the background. I'm interested
Kobe looks to be in great shape

He's not gonna make the team. He's an active forward that has some athleticism, but isn't an NBA quality player, and that's without accounting for the fact that he got kicked off of UCLA for being a total whack job.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

He's not gonna make the team. He's an active forward that has some athleticism, but isn't an NBA quality player, and that's without accounting for the fact that he got kicked off of UCLA for being a total whack job.

Everybody was hyping him up so bad at UCLA and then he lost playing time and then got kicked off the team. Lol idiot
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Everybody was hyping him up so bad at UCLA and then he lost playing time and then got kicked off the team. Lol idiot

He's a complete douche. I do not like him. There's a great SI article about the failures of the UCLA Men's basketball team under Holland over the last couple seasons and from what I hear from friends who are close to the program and/or attend the school and have had interaction with team members, Nelson is a POS.
Originally posted by GameOver:

He's a complete douche. I do not like him. There's a great SI article about the failures of the UCLA Men's basketball team under Holland over the last couple seasons and from what I hear from friends who are close to the program and/or attend the school and have had interaction with team members, Nelson is a POS.

Well that about wraps this discussion up
Kobe looks to be in great shape

Lost weight, and after that dunk on Jamison I'm convinced he's 20 again, all he needs now is to get rid of the facial hair and come back with the fro'
[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Oct 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM ]
Ever since Nash has been brought to LA, I'm wondering how much time the ball is going to be in Kobe's hands? I mean I expect it to reduce for the sake of him and the team and I'm sure he'd be willing to, but by how much is what I'm concerned about. I'm sure he knows the benefits of putting the ball in Steve's hands (one of which will be his shooting %), but that aggressiveness he always has I'm hoping doesn't interfere with the offense. Kobe, on record has probably interfered with the Triangle Offense with his isolation plays more than any other player in the NBA, i.e. taken the shot instead of running the play.

Watching him you kind of become accustomed to it and it can get really bad or really good, but with the magic that this team has just experienced in acquiring Dwight and Nash, I would hate to see every ounce of effort they have to contribute to go to waste b/c Kobe tries to force it more times than he should.

I'm not trying to bash the guy (by far my fav player), my only concern is just his willingness to let the game come to him through the offense (just like how MJ did using the Triangle) as opposed to trying to snatch it and force the issue. Throughout his last couple seasons I've noticed how he'd facilitate (which is absolutely great) for one or a couple games, then come out and try to do too much in another.
Here's a video that shows some of what I'm talking about in comparison to MJ's ways in scoring.

Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Ever since Nash has been brought to LA, I'm wondering how much time the ball is going to be in Kobe's hands? I mean I expect it to reduce for the sake of him and the team and I'm sure he'd be willing to, but by how much is what I'm concerned about. I'm sure he knows the benefits of putting the ball in Steve's hands (one of which will be his shooting %), but that aggressiveness he always has I'm hoping doesn't interfere with the offense. Kobe, on record has probably interfered with the Triangle Offense with his isolation plays more than any other player in the NBA, i.e. taken the shot instead of running the play.

Watching him you kind of become accustomed to it and it can get really bad or really good, but with the magic that this team has just experienced in acquiring Dwight and Nash, I would hate to see every ounce of effort they have to contribute to go to waste b/c Kobe tries to force it more times than he should.

I'm not trying to bash the guy (by far my fav player), my only concern is just his willingness to let the game come to him through the offense (just like how MJ did using the Triangle) as opposed to trying to snatch it and force the issue. Throughout his last couple seasons I've noticed how he'd facilitate (which is absolutely great) for one or a couple games, then come out and try to do too much in another.
Here's a video that shows some of what I'm talking about in comparison to MJ's ways in scoring.

Who exactly do you think was the facilitator of the triangle offense during the 5 titles the Lakers won while running it? Ron Harper? Derek Fisher? Brian Shaw? That video was cherry-picked and silly. Kobe & MJ's roles within the offense were different. Pippen & Kobe were the primary facilitators, whereas Jordan wasn't. Jordan didn't have anyone else filling the post spots, whereas Kobe's had Shaq & Gasol.

Coach Nick is good at marketing himself, and does a nice job of explaining hoops to the layman, but he's not the greatest basketball mind, IMO.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM ]
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/10/18/3521330/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-free-agent-2014

Could Los Angeles Lakers sign LeBron James in 2014?

There's a report that the Lakers are planning to make a run at LeBron James when he next becomes a free agent. Is there something to this report?

Here's a headline that will probably make non-Los Angeles Lakers fans throw up: "Is LeBron the Lakers' next big target." The story, written by plugged-in NBA scribe Brian Windhorst, quotes several league executives that say the Lakers are managing their salary cap so that they will have the space to sign James in 2014, when he has an opt-out clause in his contract that will allow him to become a free agent.

The timing coincides perfectly with Kobe Bryant's stated desire to retire in two years. As Windhorst notes, the Lakers' cap situation clears up just at the perfect time.

In July 2013, Bryant's $30.4 million, Pau Gasol's $19.2 million, Metta World Peace's $7.7 million, Steve Blake's $4 million and Jordan Hill's $3.5 million will come off the books. There likely won't even be any first-round draft picks filling up the cap, either, as the Lakers have already traded their 2013 first-round pick to Phoenix in the Nash deal.

Opposing teams that are making their own long-range free agency plans think they see the Lakers' plan coming into focus. As it stands, L.A. will have enough cap space to add a superstar like James.
Lol
Lol

Even I, as a ridiculously diehard Laker fan, would say "You've got to be f**king kidding me" if that went down.
Lulz who would he play with? Would be like cleveland all over again
Share 49ersWebzone