LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by SF69ers:
So Sheridan is now saying that the Bobcats wants a MKG for Barnes swap?! WTF?!?!

warriors might even throw in a draft pick knowing them
So Sheridan is now saying that the Bobcats wants a MKG for Barnes swap?! WTF?!?!

lol sure, why not give them Curry for Kemba Walker too?
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Is mkg an upgrade? I'm clueless just draft errbody

He's saying that might not be enough.
You guys are acting like MKG for Barnes is way off base. I'm a big Barnes fan and I wanted the kings to take him but that trade is more even than you think lol and I'm sure every bobcats fan thinks MKG is better
Originally posted by teeohh:
Is mkg an upgrade? I'm clueless just draft errbody

I don't think so.
It's too early honestly, both have lots of potential but I think Barnes can do more.
I'll still stick with Barnes. Better offensively with the potential of getting better defensively. His confidence shot way up when we got to the playoffs.
I'll still stick with Barnes. Better offensively with the potential of getting better defensively. His confidence shot way up when we got to the playoffs.

Word I like Barnes and think he is/will be better but right now the deal is pretty even
Warriors forward Carl Landry has opted out of his contract and is an unrestricted free agent.

Landry had one year remaining on his contract with Golden State, set to pay him $4 million. But after a productive season off the Warriors bench, Landry decided to try to parlay that into a long-term deal on the free agent market.

He said it was a tough decision because he really wants to stay with Golden State, which is why he waited until the last possible day to decide. His contract stipulated he exercise his opt out by today, the day before the NBA draft.

Landry, 29, averaged 10.8 points on 54 percent shooting – with a career-high 6.0 rebounds – in 23.2 minutes off the bench. Signed by the Warriors last offseason, he gave Golden State a much-needed low-post presence and injected some toughness into the frontcourt.

Landry said his free agent status does not rule out a return to Golden State. But the Warriors, over the cap and headed toward luxury tax status, may not have the money to keep Landry – especially if he gets a lucrative offer somewhere else.

Originally posted by marshniners24:

Word I like Barnes and think he is/will be better but right now the deal is pretty even

Barnes is better offensively but MKG is definitely the better defender. It could go either way, but if MKG can develop a jump shot I think he has the higher ceiling. I love Barnes though and not sure I'd want to trade him after how much he progressed during the playoffs.

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Barnes is better offensively but MKG is definitely the better defender. It could go either way, but if MKG can develop a jump shot I think he has the higher ceiling. I love Barnes though and not sure I'd want to trade him after how much he progressed during the playoffs.

MKG is the better defender right now, but Barnes definitely showed a lot of progress defensively throughout the season.
You trade Barnes for MKG if you want to keep klay.

At some point down the road, warriors either keep klay or Barnes (unless they let curry go for some odd reason)
Barnes and Klay are here to stay!

I'm on the Archie bandwagon
  • Garce
  • Veteran
If we trade Barnes I will never route for the Warriors again.
Originally posted by Garcia:
If we trade Barnes I will never route for the Warriors again.

lol he's not THAT special
#GGG
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jun 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone